Post for Netflix Instant Streaming finds

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)

Postby drrotwang » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:06 pm

I believe the narrator in the History Channel video, if my ears serve, is Lance Henriksen, who played the robot Bishop and it's human creator in the Aliens movies and games.

Postby Frostillicus » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:57 pm

Sometimes you just have to ask. I wrote to the person who posted the clip and asked if he could re-post it in HD. Thanks again to him :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a0On1mXiy8
Thaw me out when robot wives are cheap and effective.

Postby dale coba » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:58 am

gynoneko wrote:I just wish people would shy away from the idea of the terminator robot and Skynet. Not going to happen.

Instead, back the model away from total world war, and add human masters to the robots' side. Totalitarians will wield power as they can find it. It's the ultimate expression of Class Warfare, implemented against the powerless with a drone technology so beyond them/us as to be indistinguishable from magic.

For a victim of U.S. warfare in an uneducated, underdeveloped region, this is already essentially the case.
The Matrix, with its focus on simulation and illusion, re-injects the idea that it doesn't matter who is pulling the strings. All the oppressed experience is the tools.

Call it EarthNet?
no, wait... I think I had an account with an ISP called that in the late 90's...
Just call it SkyNet 2.0

Absolute power corrupts, so when given the chance, humans will use a Terminator-(but-run-by-humans) scenario against each other to make money and exert power. The original film strongly reflects the dystopian sense of dissidents in Reagan's America/Thatcher's Britain, angry at the powerful for screwing around with Central and South America as the U.S. did in the 80's (and, also, every decade before that)..

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

Postby Brytestar » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:06 am

Frostillicus wrote:Sometimes you just have to ask. I wrote to the person who posted the clip and asked if he could re-post it in HD. Thanks again to him :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a0On1mXiy8

I just saw the clip that Frost linked to. It drove me on edge and according to the comments afterward it isn't technically the entire story beside the old androids trying to destory the planet bit. What about humans installing virtues into androids? Nope never got that covered in the video. Temper justice is mercy isn't exactly a program...

Postby Rotwang » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:33 am

The media deal in Stereotypes :

- Robots = Evil
- Scientists = Evil dogmatic assholes
- Renegade loners who ignore scientific procedures = bloody geniuses and world saviours, the only people who make true scientific progress
- Best scientist in any field = A twenty year old girl who looks like a supermodel
- Minorities = Wise human beings completely in touch with nature and blessed with supernatural abilities like tracking, fighting skills etc ...

Etc ...

Postby Frostillicus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:57 am

Gentlemen, gentlemen, with all due respect, I respectfully respect your reservations. My only point in all of this was that it was a pleasant surprise while watching this documentary (which did consider other scenarios) that they would see fit to include a fembot. While it was the typical "Skynet" assumption, the A.I. scientist did make some true points about the exponential potential intellectual capacities of a being that can process and access vast amounts of information and not only apply it, but actually adapt and evolve in real time. He would know better than any of us.

That said, I was happy that this was all over shadowed by the fact that they used a hot "house robot" as an example because it plants the seed of having one for oneself. The logical conclusion would be to make damned sure parameters are in place as safeguards on multiple levels. My argument is that the inherent differences in human intelligence and artificial is that they can actually both compliment and temper each other if the process is done correctly and if that perspective can be perpetuated. This thread is probably better suited for the Discussion section.

Still, they showed a FEMBOT!! :D

Btw, good stuff!
The media deal in Stereotypes :

- Robots = Evil
- Scientists = Evil dogmatic assholes
- Renegade loners who ignore scientific procedures = bloody geniuses and world saviours, the only people who make true scientific progress
- Best scientist in any field = A twenty year old girl who looks like a supermodel
- Minorities = Wise human beings completely in touch with nature and blessed with supernatural abilities like tracking, fighting skills etc ...

Etc ...

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:09 pm

Just a reminder that this is the post for Netflix finds. YouTube finds should still be posted in their own thread over here.

Postby Frostillicus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:52 pm

Whoops! Sorry about that, but the YouTube sticky has always appeared at the top of the list so I didn't even read which thread it was when I posted.

Postby gynoneko » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:18 am

I watched this movie a while back, called Cash Back, and I thought it was very good. It is not about Fembots sadly, but it IS about a guy that can freeze time with his mind, and decides to go around disrobing frozen women and drawing them. Ok, that sounds more perverted than it is... but it does have frozen people, which he draws and poses during his night shift at the grocery store. Lots of pretty frozen ladies in it for those interested.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Cashb ... height1441

Thomas in Love

Postby drrotwang » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:54 am

Anyone ever see Thomas in Love? It's a french movie, and there is a virtual female (not a gynoid) that the main character is dating and having cybersex with. Haven't had time to watch it, but here is the link:

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Thoma ... e/60024351

PreviousNext

Return to Reports