Read Gunnm and Angel Cop

A forum dedicated to reporting and discussing Anime and Manga style media
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
cybboy-unit

Read Gunnm and Angel Cop

Post by cybboy-unit » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:32 am

I have seen in some topics that some members were looking for the website on which they would be able to read Gunnm (Battle Angel Alita).

If you haven't found such a website yet, here is one (but I'm quite sure there are others):

http://unixmanga.com/onlinereading/Batt ... plete.html

This link is for the first series of Gunnm, you cannot read Gunnm Last Order there, but don't worry :), I have found another site for Gunnm Last Order:

http://www.mangareader.net/1047/battle- ... order.html

I will also kill two birds with one stone by giving you another link where you'll be able to see the complete manga of Kitazaki, Angel Cop.
I did see the anime, and I discovered that there was a paper manga that had been done by Kitazaki, and I have spend nearly two years looking for it. I did have found some scnalations here and there but I never found out the complete manga... until the day I have found this website:

http://g.e-hentai.org/g/144725/8f387a2ac6/

Here you have the complete manga, unfortunately it is still in Japanese, no English translation had been made so far... that would be a good idea, isn't it ? ;)

BD
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by BD » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:52 am

Alita is quite well done and an excellent story on posthumanism. :)

Angel Cop plain sucks. :/

However angel cop at least looks like a machine (even though she has telescopic weaponry coming from god knows where which severely undermines her credibility as a machine)

Instead Alita is hands down a great story and has lots of battle damage and stuff, but there are only very few shots of alita where she looks like a machine (mostly in the racing subplot where she is dismantled like once per every grocery sale, and also changes bodies since she has a racing body and an everyday body), most of the times she either looks human with a jumpsuit or some armor on.

Also since this is an adult fetish site it's worth nothing that both are totally unfappable since there is not erotic subtext in both. However in Alita there is at least one romance subplot (strictly platonic since she "isn't equipped" if you catch my drift).

There are also people translating Alita Last Order, which is a WTF spinoff where the author has drastically changed the epic and serious story into a big wtf moment of pure dickery. I still find it enjoyable but it's also a big step down from the original (for me at least, other people love dickery especially when delivered with a big 3d stick and love the spin off better than the original)

Battle Angel Alita http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2157
Battle Angel Alita Last Order http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2158
Angel Cop http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=5563

Also for those who do not like to read online and prefer to download the thing and then read it without being tied to internet:

Battle Angel Alita Last Order http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/248
Battle Angel Alita http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/111

gynoneko
Identification: Cyborg

Post by gynoneko » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:25 am

Yeah.... all of these are available in print... and you should be buying them instead of stealing them. Seriously. Besides, the quality is better in print.
My heart and soul locked up in a cold steel frame
- Brian May

BD

Post by BD » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:56 pm

i'm buying them as they come out, but the scanlations come out sooner and are more advanced in the story.

gynoneko

Post by gynoneko » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:28 pm

Ok, yes for the ones that have not yet been released, go ahead and use the scanlations. However, if you like it, please buy it when it comes out. It really helps the book companies to stay in business and continue to translate and release these awesome books. :)
- Brian May

cybboy-unit

Post by cybboy-unit » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:18 am

This is the same thing for me, I only use scanlations when I cannot find and buy the mangas in French.

It's a shame the Angelcop manga has not been translated in English at least, even if it sucks apparently, I would just have liked to understand what they're talking about ^^.

Esomark

Re: Read Gunnm and Angel Cop

Post by Esomark » Thu May 19, 2011 1:12 am

I haven't read Angel Cop but I'm familiar with Gunnm. It's like Ghost in the Shell meets Dragon Ball, especially during Last Order.
gynoneko wrote:Ok, yes for the ones that have not yet been released, go ahead and use the scanlations. However, if you like it, please buy it when it comes out. It really helps the book companies to stay in business and continue to translate and release these awesome books. :)
Yep. It also helps the bookstores stay in business too. I'm friends with the Border's workers and the only local comic dealer in my area respectively and I don't want their businesses to fall. I read online scans mainly to catch up and if the series either never got a complete translation or might never get officially translated at all but if I see the volumes on the shelf, I'll buy them.

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Tue May 24, 2011 10:00 pm

And alita is pretty much a ROBOT right now!( what a twist.)

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Wed May 25, 2011 7:53 pm

and they finally are resuming the Last order story

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Wed May 25, 2011 8:10 pm

Esomark wrote:I haven't read Angel Cop but I'm familiar with Gunnm. It's like Ghost in the Shell meets Dragon Ball, especially during Last Order.
gynoneko wrote:Ok, yes for the ones that have not yet been released, go ahead and use the scanlations. However, if you like it, please buy it when it comes out. It really helps the book companies to stay in business and continue to translate and release these awesome books. :)
Yep. It also helps the bookstores stay in business too. I'm friends with the Border's workers and the only local comic dealer in my area respectively and I don't want their businesses to fall. I read online scans mainly to catch up and if the series either never got a complete translation or might never get officially translated at all but if I see the volumes on the shelf, I'll buy them.

Border?

gynoneko

Post by gynoneko » Thu May 26, 2011 11:43 am

Borders Books. http://www.borders.com/online/store/Home
Not Border's, but an honest mistake. I used to always go to Borders, but now it is hard to find one around me that is still open. I did just pick up the latest Alita Last Order, good stuff. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but yes, it is a cool twist.
- Brian May

Esomark

Post by Esomark » Tue May 31, 2011 8:01 pm

Yeah, I wasn't thinking when I spelled the store title. I thought the name would be familiar enough. Can't wait for volume 15 so we'll finally be caught up with the Japanese release.

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Tue May 31, 2011 8:32 pm

yup. she's getting to the goku league

Esomark

Post by Esomark » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:44 am

Right now, she could probably take 23rd Budokai Goku.

Esomark

Post by Esomark » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:49 pm

gynoneko

Post by gynoneko » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:02 pm

DANG IT!! When did the latest issue come out?! I need to run to my local Bord-... Barnes and Nobel and get me a copy.
I hate that store have seemingly stopped carrying this title unless you specifically order it.
- Brian May

Esomark

Post by Esomark » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:44 pm

I actually got Volume 15 a week before its official release (two days go) through special order there! :P Since Yukishiro didn't pull a Togashi or Miura on his series when he went on a break, he had enough chapters recently to have a 16th volume so we're behind the Japanese release again but hey, atleast we are close enough!

In my area atleast, I've seen it there (20 minute drive and Borders went bye bye here) and there's two specialty stores about an hour from me that carry it. I think I helped save it from becoming clearance material only at one of the stores as I was told they were cutting back their manga selection since a bunch were not selling well but I bought a good chunk of it in time and they didn't axe it after that. They pretty much carry more Dark Horse titles than anything else but since it's one of the few places where I can find Oh My Goddess!, I can't complain too much.

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:50 pm

i hated the tail.

T-elos/Thurosis

Post by T-elos/Thurosis » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:08 pm

--Battery-- wrote:i hated the tail.
finally someone said it XD

haha ^^
~Everything is learnable! It only depends on the efforts that you give yourself!~

~ take a look at my at my Gallery :D http://www.thurosis.deviantart.com ~

Esomark

Post by Esomark » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:35 pm

--Battery-- wrote:i hated the tail.
She still has it, along with a pair of wings.

gynoneko

Post by gynoneko » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:08 am

Well I like the tail... Cat girl thing going on. I can't complain. Granted... It doesn't really fit her character but she seems to have been undergoing a personality change or something slowly... Making her more cute when she isn't killing everyone. :P
- Brian May

Esomark

Post by Esomark » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:04 pm

I like the tail myself as well. It fits her current personality and not to mention, we already have a lot of tailless protagonists in many battle manga so why not?

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:08 am

at least the wings are gone, for now, as long she don't get silly shoes and a toy hammer everything is fine...and now the karate guy that was dead has unexpectedly pressed the P2 start button.
didn't saw that coming. o,O

Esomark

Post by Esomark » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:31 pm

Yeah, that was a complete WTF moment! 0-0 I had a feeling Don Fua/Tonpu would come back but not so suddenly and in a body horror-type way!
Maybe Zekka will finally go all out since he's pulled an Akuma many times over now and whoever stands last will have to face Gally.

Esomark

Post by Esomark » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:57 am