Stepford Update

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
Svengli

Finally Good News

Post by Svengli » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:18 pm

Some good news for all the bad news.

There is a pirate version of the preview version of The Stepford Wives on the gnutella/limewire network. It has at least one scene omitted from the final version what looks like a cool transformation scenes (it hasn't finished downloading).

The tone of movie also just is closer to a sinister horror than the final release version. AND you can freeze-frame and reply your favorite scenes.

So tune up your peer-to-peer and get something that may never be available any other way.

S

dale coba
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Re: Finally Good News

Post by dale coba » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:07 am

Svengli wrote:Some good news for all the bad news.

There is a pirate version of the preview version of The Stepford Wives on the gnutella/limewire network. It has at least one scene omitted from the final version what looks like a cool transformation scenes (it hasn't finished downloading).

The tone of movie also just is closer to a sinister horror than the final release version. AND you can freeze-frame and reply your favorite scenes.

So tune up your peer-to-peer and get something that may never be available any other way.

S
So give us the file-name or -size !
I don't want to accidentally dl the theatrical version.

Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

noidguy
Retired staff member

Re: Finally Good News

Post by noidguy » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:44 pm

These are two I've found....

[TMD]The.Stepford.Wives.(TUN).CAM.(1of2) 223.5 MB
[TMD]The.Stepford.Wives.(TUN).CAM.(2of2) 205.0 MB

The recording is poor because it was obviously made with a camcorder by someone sitting in the theatre.

mysticblueca
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by mysticblueca » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:33 pm

I have the movie downloaded off of Supernova.org. You need a bit torrent. Make sure you download the SVCD version. It's not amazing quality but it is pretty good. It will make 2 CD's if you create it onto CD. It is located on the movies section, under Comedy. or simply go to search and type in Stepford Wives and it will bring up all the torrents avaliable. I have downloaded the versions you have mentioned and didn't like them. This one was a better quality. They are all off a camcorder. Will never find a pirated version that isn't, while out in the theatre.

Oh yeah, it will take at least a day if you have high speed service. Took me 44 hours to download. Worth every minute. I almost forgot. If you want to burn it to disk, NERO 6 is a great program.

WilloWisp
Technosexuality: Built
Location: An infinite distance away in a direction which can't be described in 3-dimensions.

Post by WilloWisp » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:25 am

Or, if you have access to Usenet, you can find the same version posted to alt.binaries.svcd, and download it as fast as your usenet connection can handle.

If you don't have Usenet, I would reccommend getting access through Usenetserver.com. They're cheap ($15.00 a month) and unlimited. Then load up your favorite newsreader, like Agent, or even better, Newsbin Pro, tag the files, and Robert is your father's brother.

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:53 am

I appreciate all the help, but no one has told me how to identify the better version not released to theaters.

Is that the SVCD on Suprnova? (if so, when is the other material?)

It can't be the
because that was recorded in the theater, NG said.

Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

noidguy
Retired staff member

In the theatre, but not the theatrical release

Post by noidguy » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:09 pm

dale coba wrote:I appreciate all the help, but no one has told me how to identify the better version not released to theaters.

Is that the SVCD on Suprnova? (if so, when is the other material?)

It can't be the
because that was recorded in the theater, NG said.

Dale Coba
Yes, this was recorded in the theatre, but it must be the screener that was shown to small groups. I've seen the theatrical release and there are many, many differences - not in basic plotline but in small details.

handle

Bleargh

Post by handle » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:26 am

There are no explicit exposures of robot innards anywhere in the movie. In fact, without spoiling the movie, suffice to say this is not strictly ASFR in the purest sense of the word.

On the bright side, I laughed a lot while watching the movie, compared to the original... but the ending was a major copout. Once again, Hollywood has opted to bastardise a good movie by opting for a closed ending in its remake, even while paying homage to several scenes.

How do I know? I got to watch it in Perth this afternoon. :D

Sega-boy

Post by Sega-boy » Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:34 pm

Viper wrote:Have to say I was dissapointed with the movie. When I walked into the theatre and saw only 4 other people in it that was my first warning sign. I will be amazed if this movie lasts another 1-2 weeks in the theatres.
Have to say that I went on the first day, and there were lots of people, not quite enough to fill the theatre, but to my surprise, I was one of the few males there. The audience was mostly teen-age girls and baby-boomer women.

I sat in the back row, because it was all that was vacant, and it really turned out better that way.

I made sure not to call attention to myself, and I seriously doubt anyone there gave much thought to the idea that there might be techno-philes in the audience. I for one was sure thinking about who is and who isn't (and who could be.)

I couldn't help but feel a little flushed when the lights turned on, but that happens at all bad movies I pay good money to see.

I place the blame on that movie's embarrassment of an ending.
#
Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for SEGA.

hypero2

Stepford DVD

Post by hypero2 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:41 pm

Since I'm always on the hunt for Stepford news, I found this. Seems as if we won't have to wait until Christmas. And let's hope that $20 remains!

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0 ... &n=1&burl=

HYPER!

P.S. If anyone feels this is better placed in the Media section, please post it there too!

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:53 pm

Well then, my guess was pretty close! Earlier in this thread I said a cumulative box office take of $48 million (revised downward from an original guess of $60 million), and I think the actual number to date is about $58.5 million. I also wrote "out on dvd by Halloween." :)

I'll be placing my order asap, even though I thought the film sucked. Sounds like there are some good extras on the dvd.

Thanks for the info, hyper

rickdrat

Post by rickdrat » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:23 pm

Kudos to noid. There weren't a lot of participants in this, but nevertheless you hit the nail on the head with your first guess, DVD release and all. Nice prediction.

Sadly, due to an overall lackluster performance a sequel is in doubt, therefore no speaking roles to award.

Faith Hill is taking her "lookalike" prop out on tour with her this Fall.

So we'll be sending you a professionaly mounted replica of Christopher Walken's head as a reminder of all that could have been.

Thanks for playing and enjoy your prize.

Baron

Post by Baron » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:08 pm

rickdrat wrote:Kudos to noid. There weren't a lot of participants in this, but nevertheless you hit the nail on the head with your first guess, DVD release and all. Nice prediction.

Sadly, due to an overall lackluster performance a sequel is in doubt, therefore no speaking roles to award.

Faith Hill is taking her "lookalike" prop out on tour with her this Fall.

So we'll be sending you a professionaly mounted replica of Christopher Walken's head as a reminder of all that could have been.

Thanks for playing and enjoy your prize.
Hey!! I came close, too! :wink:

http://www.fembotcentral.com/bbs/viewto ... &start=250

Some $150 million was wasted for this remake, so a 1/3-the-production-cost gross means that the DVD better be chock-full of extras, if they want to come close to breaking even..........
:roll:

And I missed the DVD release by a couple weeks; but I was right about the film's run - gone in 3 weeks!!! :twisted:
Assemble the ladies? I didn't know that they were broken......

rickdrat

Post by rickdrat » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:41 pm

Sorry Baron :cry: , Noid was just a little more precise, even if he did revise his answer down. However, as luck would have it, we need to make room in our warehouse for an incoming shipment of counterfeit Athens 2004 trinkets before the end of the week. So as a consolation prize, please accept . . .let's see . . .it's back here somewhere, ah yes, here . . . please accept this professionaly mounted replica of Christoper Walken's torso, and thanks for playing!

And FYI, SW is not totaly gone yet, as of this weekend it's still showing on 91 screens with a total take of $58,640,947

Baron

Post by Baron » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:14 pm

rickdrat wrote:Sorry Baron :cry: , Noid was just a little more precise, even if he did revise his answer down. However, as luck would have it, we need to make room in our warehouse for an incoming shipment of counterfeit Athens 2004 trinkets before the end of the week. So as a consolation prize, please accept . . .let's see . . .it's back here somewhere, ah yes, here . . . please accept this professionaly mounted replica of Christoper Walken's torso, and thanks for playing!

And FYI, SW is not totaly gone yet, as of this weekend it's still showing on 91 screens with a total take of $58,640,947
No worries, Mate! :wink: My original statement that kicked off this thread was spot-on, as it turned out; anything else would be (in this case, SOUR) gravy....... :P

BTW, I'd MUCH rather see what Jan's (from "Beyond Westworld") torso looks like CLOSED, than accepting Walken's!!!
Assemble the ladies? I didn't know that they were broken......

Svengli

Post by Svengli » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:18 pm

Hmm,

It would be cool if folks posted which thirteen scenes are included when they get the DVD, though I'm pretty sure they wouldn't need my encouragement.

Thanks,

S