Dressing Up

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
aaronrosenthal

Dressing Up

Post by aaronrosenthal » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:44 am

I've been looking around the forum to find out a bit more about sex robots and have been learning about 'ASFR' - it's very interesting. Does anyone on here dress up as a robot or pretend to be a robot during sex?

aaronrosenthal

Post by aaronrosenthal » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:56 am

Thanks for the warm welcome Robotman.

So it appears some people do dress in robotic outfits - I'd like to hear from anyone who does and find out what they do exactly.

It is quite a fun positive thing - it's a shame the word 'fetish' sounds kind of negative (if you know what I mean)

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:22 pm

Err, I've actually got 1 or 2 silver suits (twists arm, alright, its 3 actually!) and do often wear 1 of them some period over a weekend.
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Rotwang

Post by Rotwang » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:20 pm

I'm still waiting for the rest of this ...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/34/71472 ... 1d91_o.jpg

But I still need to kidnap a victi- er I mean a volunteer ...

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:11 pm

Someone did actually do an image of a full body Maria suit that could have been made up for me, and if I had/did win the lottery I'd certainly get it made up. It would have been quite something (and custom fitted) but sadly my finances really couldnt justify the cost, I only wish I could have done.

I would post pics of it if it was stored anywhere other than just on my computer, now if we had a gallery...

If I remember (and someone could always remind me) I will put the front and back pics up on image shack or somewhere at the weekend so people, especially Rotwang can look at it. But its 5.10 in the morning (I'm off on a 2 day course thing for work, so up very early) and the brain is in no fit state to do it now, besides which I need to finish packing.

aaronrosenthal

Post by aaronrosenthal » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:09 am

So is Stephaniebot the only person on here who has dressed as a robot?

Are you going to post the photos in here Stephanie?

PowerDroid5000
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by PowerDroid5000 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:57 pm

Well, i do have a kinda funny episode: Last year when i was racing (i use a chrome helmet just like the one in my picture) i forgot my racing suit, so i borrowed one from a firefighter (the only one that fitted me, i'm kinda big). Imagine the scene when i was entering the track to go to my car, wearing a chrome helmet plus a silver suit when the track's soundsystem started playing "Robot Rock". I couldn't resist and did the robot dance! Seriously, those where my 15 minutes of fame, i even gave some autographs after the race 8) :D

aaronrosenthal

Post by aaronrosenthal » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:44 am

So you're a racing car driver?

Any more stories?

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:53 am

Robotman wrote:Hi Aaron, welcome to FC. ;)
I think that kind of thing is very rare among us technosexuals. I for one don't dress up or act like a robot at all... that's opposite from where my interests lay.
I'm not so sure about "very rare." That might be an unfair statement. If you took a poll it might seem like the answer is overwhelmingly no, but that is likely because, even in a group as inclusive and supportive as this, people would be embarrassed to admit it.

Kishin mentioned Robotdoll ... there were many other authors in the "early" days of ASFR (1996-1998) who were writing stories that focused specifically around dressing up in lycra spandex and being transformed into robots. Rotwang, Dosman, ArcylMan, I'm forgetting half the names but I could look them up. There were lots of them. In many of these stories, both men and women are shown dressing up and being robotized (sometimes permanently, sometimes temporarily) ... and in most of them the tone is very positive. "The Offer" by Android675 remains the best of those IMHO. Reading that story (and the others of that period) is what made me feel I wasn't the only one with this inexplicable fantasy I just couldn't shake.

To this day, my wife dresses up for me all the time ... and sometimes, though rarely, she asks me to do it too. Roleplaying is central to my enjoyment of ASFR ... in fact, even if somebody built the perfect sex robot that many in this community long for, I would choose a real woman pretending to be a robot over a real robot every time.

But that's just me.

Aaron, feel free to PM me if you'd like to hear more. I can tell you right now that pictures or other personal info are completely out of the question, but I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

aaronrosenthal

Post by aaronrosenthal » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:10 am

Thanls for that Keraptis. It's interesting that you would still rather go for a human woman dressed as a robot even if a real robot was on offer...

I'd love to hear how others feel - it appears that are many different perspectives on 'dressing up' being part of ASFR/robot sexuality...

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:56 am

aaronrosenthal wrote:Thanls for that Keraptis. It's interesting that you would still rather go for a human woman dressed as a robot even if a real robot was on offer...
This is one guy's humble opinion, and I don't mean to speak for anyone else here or ruffle any feathers.

But I just feel like people sometimes seriously underestimate how much is lost when you go from a relationship with a real, live, thinking person to a machine. For some, maybe that's just fine -- there is some appeal to having a partner who expects nothing in return and brings none of the risks that come with a "real" relationship. For others, maybe they are just banking on the hope that eventually, the AI capabilities of a robot will be good enough to emulate all the behaviors they want in a partner, therefore making the robot a more, shall we say, multi-dimensional replacement for a real human partner.

I know that I would become bored almost immediately with a real robot ... and I suspect most people would too even if the idea seems great at first. But I certainly appreciate that fantasy. I also recognize that for those who take it very seriously as a real ambition in their lives, they'd be happy to face the problem of getting bored with your robot and having to come up with new ways to, um, "configure" her to keep things interesting. :)

For me, the excitement about one's partner becoming a robot for you -- or about doing it for them -- is the level of trust and intimacy involved. You're basically saying you are completely focused on making that person happy, that there's nothing you wouldn't do to please that person, and that you're giving them permission to ask for anything at all. It can be a real rush.

aaronrosenthal

Post by aaronrosenthal » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:08 am

I totally understand your feelings on your human partner becoming a robot, 'programmed' to satisfy your desires. Knowing they are willingly doing this for you must be a rush.

As for robots replacing 'real' partners, has anyone been able to do this? Is AI anywhere near the level one would need to take the place of a lost partner or family member? Has anyone produced a robot for this purpose for example?

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:52 pm

Keraptis is too modest to mention his follow up chapters to the intial 'The Offer' one, so I'll do it for him! They are as good as the original chapter imo.

Pics, I got back from a 2 day course related to work about an hour ago, absolutely shattered as its been 2 long days. Well last night actually ended about 12.45 this morning, but...

I'll try and get those Maria suit images added to my Imageshack account over the weekend and then link it to here. There are also some silver suit ones there that 'might' be me.

PowerDroid5000
Technosexuality: Built

Post by PowerDroid5000 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:49 pm

aaronrosenthal wrote:So you're a racing car driver?

Any more stories?

An amateur one with around 30 races and... 1 win :oops:

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:59 pm

The other thread should probably be locked. Here's the only thing I said in there that I didn't want to be lost ... it probably belongs here.
keraptis wrote: Getting back to the dress-up idea, my take is that we all get into it all the time ... every time somebody posts a YouTube link to a music video or movie or TV show with a real human actress playing or acting like a robot. Some people, I'm sure, watch those and let their imagination take them to a place where that really is a robot ... or to a future in which we'll have robots capable of behaving that way. But let's face it: what we are watching IS just highly sophisticated dress-up. Which is why other people, like me, get most turned on by the actual performances of these very real and very beautiful actresses. I know that sounds very "meta" but that's where the fascination lies for me, and why I wish I could see all the "behind the scenes" stuff where the director tells the actresses what they need to do and they get into their roles. I got to see some of that when we did "Upgrade" -- including an audition reel of about a dozen girls -- and it was unbelievably fascinating for me.

aaronrosenthal

Post by aaronrosenthal » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:51 am

I didn't mean to spark off such an argument! At least it means people on here are very passionate about what they like - which is why I'm hoping to hear from a few more people.

Can I get something straight please? 'Transformation' means people that would like to become robots right? And 'Built' are people that admire robots? Have I got that right?

If that's the case, would there not be some 'Built' fans who appreciate their partner dressing up? Or have I misunderstood?

Robotman - so have you never used dressing up at any point?

Keraptis - you have a very interesting perspective on this issue. So I hate to be rather basic with my question, but what kind of outfits does your wife wear to simulate a robot? Have you ever dressed up for her?

Stephaniebot - don't want you to think I was hassling you for photos - just would be great to see them when you haven't had a long journey!

aaronrosenthal

Post by aaronrosenthal » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:59 am

Also I've just read the other thread (the argument thread!) - Keraptis - what is 'The Offer' and 'Upgrade'? If there's another thread which defines these, can you point me in that direction?

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:13 pm

aaronrosenthal wrote:Can I get something straight please? 'Transformation' means people that would like to become robots right? And 'Built' are people that admire robots? Have I got that right?
I think that most of the time, ASFR involves a desire to be with a robot. The "built vs. transformation" distinction has to do with whether the robot is manufactured from scratch, or a human being converted into a machine. I believe it is fair to say that the former is a much more realistic possibility in real life. I believe it is also fair to say that imagining the latter in real life can take a wider array of forms, all of which have been explored in sci-fi stories in one form or another, including:
* cybernetic replacement of human parts, with retention of the individual's individual identity (from the bionic man/woman to Darth Vader and everything in between) ... this is not typically central to a transformation fantasy, and is discussed here only rarely
* transfer of human consciousness into a manufactured robotic body (seen in tons and tons of movies)
* mind control / enslavement of a human subject with no physical change ... almost never discussed here though there is heavy overlap between the fans of ASFR and "traditional" erotic mind control or EMC
* physical transformation into a robot ... typically, by means that strain the very limit of what is scientifically plausible, bordering on "magic," and have more to do with what seems sexy to the author and the audience than with any attempt to be realistic

On top of that there is the question as to whether the subject of a transformation is willing. There is lots of debate as to whether forced enslavement or transformation is interesting or appealing in a work of fiction. There is NO debate -- at least, no serious debate -- over whether this is an acceptable pursuit for some wanna-be mind controller to attempt in real life.

And finally, on top of THAT is the question of whether the person with the transformation fantasy imagines themselves as a robot too. There are probably at least three answers to that question:
* some will say no, they just want the girl to be the robot (I will go out on a limb and put a guy like Dr. Robo in this group ... check out this thread for more from him: http://www.fembotcentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=5790)
* some will say yes, they sometimes imagine themselves as a male robot with a female robot partner (I'll put myself in this group) ... or a female robot if they are already female, you get the idea
* some will say yes, they imagine themselves as a female robot -- the gender switch being part of their personal transformation fantasy (not me, but there are others on this board who would fall into this group)

I would very humbly make the case that the "built" folks are a bit more rooted in the reality of what is technically feasible, and therefore they pay close attention to real developments in robotics and AI. Flip-wise, I'd argue that the "transformation" folks are much more rooted in the fantasy. It's completely beside the point, for me at least, that you can't (and/or shouldn't, if you could) really turn a person into a robot. And I don't want that in real life, any more than the guy who wants to be Tarzan in bed really wants to live in the jungle dressed in a loincloth. It's just damn sexy to fantasize about and role-play.

With all that said, while there are people in the "built" camp who will state firmly that transformations hold no appeal, there are also many others who enjoy both aspects of ASFR. I don't know of any transformation fans on this board who would say there is ZERO interest in manufactured robots, but if you move over to a more mind-control centered group like the one at mcforum.net, you would find plenty of people who have no interest in robots per se, just the control fantasy as sometimes expressed in an ASFR context.

And one last word, despite the other thread, people on this board get along unusually well. Every time I write a novel like I'm doing right now, my one thought is, please don't let me offend anybody here because it's absolutely not my intent.
aaronrosenthal wrote: Keraptis - you have a very interesting perspective on this issue. So I hate to be rather basic with my question, but what kind of outfits does your wife wear to simulate a robot? Have you ever dressed up for her?
I'd probably rather restrict that answer to a private conversation. I'd be curious to know the purpose of your questions ... are you doing research? Writing an article? Are you a student, a journalist, or ... ?
aaronrosenthal wrote: Also I've just read the other thread (the argument thread!) - Keraptis - what is 'The Offer' and 'Upgrade'? If there's another thread which defines these, can you point me in that direction?
"The Offer" by Android675 can be found at:
http://members.aol.com/robolvr/fiction.htm

I always plug Robolvr's fiction page because it is a faithful "time capsule" of some of the stories that circulated very widely when ASFR was new, over 10 years ago. You will see lots of great stories there that cover all sorts of variations on ASFR. (It's important to note that despite the "R" standing for "robots," "ASFR" once meant not only robots but statues and dolls and mannequins ... and still does in some parts of the internet, just not here at FembotCentral.com.)

On that page you will see the two sequels I wrote to "The Offer" as well. If you want to know what turns me on, it's pretty much all covered in there.

And finally, "Upgrade" -- a short film produced by Android675 with help from Robolvr and me -- probably isn't available anymore. I'm not sure how you'd get a copy, other than begging Android. He'd probably want to know some of the same things I asked about above before going to the trouble to make you a copy.

Like I said above, if you'd like to PM me I can give you more info. I know you are looking for other perspectives so I worry that if I keep posting book-length featurettes here, the discussion will become lopsided.

aaronrosenthal

Post by aaronrosenthal » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:09 am

I've answered Keraptis' post in a PM as requested - so has anyone else ever used dressing up to 'actualise' their fantasy?

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:27 pm

aaronrosenthal wrote:
Stephaniebot - don't want you to think I was hassling you for photos - just would be great to see them when you haven't had a long journey!
I will try and get something sorted out this coming weekend, I promise

A.N.N.
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by A.N.N. » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:00 pm

I haven't done any roleplaying yet with my wife, though I think about it once in a while. I don't think she'd be really excited about it, but I'm sure she would play along for me.

I imagine dressing up wouldn't really do anything for me. The robotic sounds, voice, poses, and movements, however, have a lot of potential. Of course, maybe I just haven't seen the right costume yet? Maybe the feel would be more important, not the look? Sadly, fantasies so rarely survive contact with reality.

BTW, excellent post Keraptis! I'm definitely one with a foot in both "camps", even if I lean on one side a bit more. I especially miss the old windup doll stories. Like everyone here has said, there are as many differences in fantasies as there are members here, and I love it that way!
A.N.N.

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:20 pm

A.N.N. wrote:I haven't done any roleplaying yet with my wife, though I think about it once in a while. I don't think she'd be really excited about it, but I'm sure she would play along for me.

I imagine dressing up wouldn't really do anything for me. The robotic sounds, voice, poses, and movements, however, have a lot of potential. Of course, maybe I just haven't seen the right costume yet? Maybe the feel would be more important, not the look? Sadly, fantasies so rarely survive contact with reality.

BTW, excellent post Keraptis! I'm definitely one with a foot in both "camps", even if I lean on one side a bit more. I especially miss the old windup doll stories. Like everyone here has said, there are as many differences in fantasies as there are members here, and I love it that way!
Thanks for the kind words! I wonder if some of this stuff, expanded to include other perspectives of course, should end up in the Wiki.

I would definitely encourage you to try role-playing. You might be surprised at how well it goes. I think most people in a healthy relationship are, at the very minimum, excited by the idea of having the ability to excite their partner THAT much. Hopefully it becomes more than that. As long as you don't make her feel like that's ALWAYS what you want, there's probably room for it in your relationship.

I would also say that "dressing up" is not at all a necessary component of role-playing. In some ways, it's completely separate ... and if you want, you can mix and match "clothing fetishes" with "behavior fetishes" any way you like. As the many ASFR-themed artwork and stories and films and music videos show, a robot can wear anything, including nothing at all.

aaronrosenthal

Post by aaronrosenthal » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:11 am

So some people role play being a robot without wearing any kind of costume? What does that entail? Have many people tried that?

aaronrosenthal

Post by aaronrosenthal » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:49 am

Wow I never knew such a service existed! Do they all find it easy to mimic a robot?

Rotwang

Post by Rotwang » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:48 am

Stephaniebot wrote:
aaronrosenthal wrote:
I will try and get something sorted out this coming weekend, I promise
Had any luck yet ? (not wanting to push you ... :oops: )