Tin Girl (aka La Ragazza di Latta)

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
noidguy
Retired staff member

Tin Girl (aka La Ragazza di Latta)

Post by noidguy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:01 pm

Just curious.... How many members here would be willing to pay big bucks to see this? After 15 years or more of looking I have found a couple sources for this film.

blkwdo
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Yo!

Post by blkwdo » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:07 pm

I can help out. What are the details in this little venture?

Blkwdo 8)

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:49 am

Well, here's the situation. I have two sources for the film.

Source #1 is a guy in Italy that has a divx or other such file of it burned from a television broadcast a few months back. He is willing to trade the file for some beach party movies from the 60s. I'm assuming he wants to swap via file sharing somehow, but I don't have the details. I could go out and buy a few dvds (might cost $30 or so), convert them into transferrable files and send them over the net. I offered to mail him the dvds directly, but he hasn't replied yet to that offer.

Source #2 is a guy with a collection of rare Italian videotapes, a lot of them in betamax. He has an actual commercially released betamax tape of "La Mujer Robot". See cover art below. He is asking 600 euros for this (which is about $880) and has already received one offer of 400 euros. I can find a way to transfer betamax to dvd.

So, I know what most of you are thinking. Why bother with paying the big bucks when you can get it for almost nothing? You're probably right, but there's just something about having an original. You collectors out there will know what I mean.

About 9 years ago I contacted a company called "One Million and One Videos". They claimed a 95% success rate at tracking down rare videos. I had them try to find this film and made an offer of $500 to purchase it if they found it. After a year or so they gave up and admitted defeat. Their only suggestion was to raise my offering price. Now it's nine years later and the film has appeared. If my financial situation were just a little better I would grab it. This is the last major fembot film I am looking for.

Maybe what I should do is go with source #1 and see if it's all worth the trouble. Source #2 says he'll wait until somebody offers him his asking price.

bilbo

Post by bilbo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:35 pm

I agree, it's alot of cash but is it worth it? I think option is the best idea, go with that and see if it's worth $880. I'm willing to help out.

Found the following pictures of 'the tin girl' herself;[img]http://image_www.leninimports.com/sydne_rome_gallery_2.jpg[/img]
AND
[img]http://image_www.roman-polanski.net/images/filmo/sydne.jpg[/img][/img]
Gromit is dead long live Bilbo

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:21 pm

As soon as I hear back from source #1 I will let everyone know the details.

Here is a clip of Sydne Rome (tin girl) on youtube. Be patient. :)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-qpSPAg9PZA

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:44 pm

Noid, old friend, if this is indeed worth it, I will be happy to chip in for you to obtain this.

revtek

Post by revtek » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:30 pm

Is there a place on the web where paypal or somesuch can make donations for this video quick and hassle free for both parties?

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:36 pm

Thanks everyone for your willingness to chip in. Before we actually get to the point of collecting money I'd like to try and acquire the avi file that might be available. Hopefully I can arrange that within a couple of days.

Once that happens we can figure out the next step.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:38 pm

I would hate to have everyone put money into something that turns out to be another piece of you-know-what.

~?

Post by ~? » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:39 pm

I was curious if I had ever seen the "Tin Girl" in anything so I checked the IMDB. Lo and behold, Sydne from Akron had quite the illustrious career overseas appearing in Some Girls Do just before La Ragazza di latta; then in the craptastic Pumaman ten years later!

:lol:
~?

galactus_jones

Post by galactus_jones » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:26 pm

noidguy wrote:Thanks everyone for your willingness to chip in. Before we actually get to the point of collecting money I'd like to try and acquire the avi file that might be available. Hopefully I can arrange that within a couple of days.

Once that happens we can figure out the next step.

There is a file on eMule called "La Ragazza Di Latta.avi" - I am in the process of downloading it, but there are not a lot of sources, so it will probably take a while to download.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:35 pm

galactus_jones wrote:There is a file on eMule called "La Ragazza Di Latta.avi" - I am in the process of downloading it, but there are not a lot of sources, so it will probably take a while to download.
If that works out please let us all know! I recently got rid of emule and limewire. Now I'm regretting that decision.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:19 pm

I couldn't take it anymore and got emule back. Now grabbing the file. :) 1/7th complete.

galactus_jones

Post by galactus_jones » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:11 pm

noidguy wrote:I couldn't take it anymore and got emule back. Now grabbing the file. :) 1/7th complete.
heh.

I am at about 233MB (745MB file.) - I looked at the first miunte via preview, and it is the actual movie. It will take a while to get it, though- not too many people have the file. It does seem to have several complete copies being shared, though, which is good.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:20 pm

I'm at 182mb and not able to preview it. But I have been chatting with a guy who knows the source of the file being shared on emule. He says it's the real thing and pretty good quality, too.

galactus_jones

Post by galactus_jones » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:10 pm

[quote="noidguy"]I'm at 182mb and not able to preview it. But I have been chatting with a guy who knows the source of the file being shared on emule. He says it's the real thing and pretty good quality, too.[/quote]

And I have apparently d/l 2.71MB from you personally, unless there is another person with the user "noidguy" on emule.

I will try to keep my emule client up at least until you finish, assuming I finish first.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:28 pm

yep, that's me. I'm at 380mb right now, and the going is slow. Maybe it'll be finished by tomorrow night. That's good enough for me.

I did get to see some of the film in preview thanks to VLC. Nice color, and pretty crisp looking image. Sydne Rome looks great, but it seems to me that most of her good scenes are from daydreams and imagination. I haven't figured out yet how much actual interaction there is in the story between her and the lead character.

andoroido

Post by andoroido » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:40 pm

I know that I don't have much right to comment, since I'm not going to give any money to this project, but with a willingness to blow $500 on a 99% chance at dissatisfaction on some old crappy movie, wouldn't that money be better spent on a private indie production?

Although from the "quality" of some of the indie stuff I've seen, maybe not.

It's great news that this thing is available in electronic form though, the only tool that prevents us from getting screwed by the "no returns, no refunds" entertainment industry.

galactus_jones

Post by galactus_jones » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:19 pm

noidguy wrote:yep, that's me. I'm at 380mb right now, and the going is slow. Maybe it'll be finished by tomorrow night. That's good enough for me.

I did get to see some of the film in preview thanks to VLC. Nice color, and pretty crisp looking image. Sydne Rome looks great, but it seems to me that most of her good scenes are from daydreams and imagination. I haven't figured out yet how much actual interaction there is in the story between her and the lead character.
I was able to see most of the movie (505MB right now.) There is not much interaction, and its hard to tell that Sydne is playing a fembot. I am missing a part towards the end that seems to have the "reveal", but I think the movie is not going to offer much.

About the only bright side is that you didn't pay that video company $500 a few years ago- I think you would have been sorely disappointed.

revtek

Post by revtek » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:27 pm

Guys:

The silence is deafening. Does "The Tin Girl" deliver, or fall on the junk heap with the many other near misses of fembot film?

Thanks in advance.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:49 pm

It's......unusual. I haven't watched the entire film all the way through yet, but have seen 95% of it in preview. Not understanding the dialog, I of course miss a lot. But the main storyline seems to be about a guy stuck in a system that is routine and dull. He has a great imagination, and one day sees a strange woman walking through town. From that point on most of the film is various scenes of him and the woman (Sydne Rome) interacting in his daydreams and fantasies. He keeps trying to meet the woman, but she just keeps on walking by, barely acknowledging his existence. One day he follows her as she walks out of town and up into the all-powerful Smack corporation.

(I'll have to finish this description some other time. Unless somebody else wants to continue?)

gotta run

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:36 am

I dunno, made in 1970 and is an Italian film. :(

TheSpotConlon
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by TheSpotConlon » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:02 am

Most of the time the Italians do a good job with providing nudity and visual effects so I have high hopes, but thus far the review is sounding like another "CQ" (awful film).
Oh, come on, Kishin! CQ was like finding a tin whistle at the bottom of a box of Count Chocula: the end was a great surprise, and the journey had been delicious and full of marshmallows!

In all seriousness, I've never thought of CQ as a robot film, or one that would have had any interest for the fetish anyway. The fembot in that film was thrown in as a gag anyway, a joke to show that the filmmakers were literally out of ideas. It wasn't like we were going to find out that the actress of the film within a film was actually a fembot too...although that probably would have made as much sense as anything in that kooky film. Whatever, it was still one of my favorite movies of that year, despite the fact that we never saw Angela Lindvall as a proper fembot, or nude, or in any movie ever again after that point.

Tin Girl, though, is starting to sound like a heinous disappointment. I'll await final reports from the front, but it looks like the well may have run dry. I'm going to say a prayer that the WGA comes back from its strike with the inclination to write thousands of scripts about fembots who walk around naked and malfunction all the time.

revtek

Post by revtek » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:53 pm

Regarding 'CQ', one has to give credit to a movie that makes fun of both Roger Corman and Godard.

galactus_jones

Post by galactus_jones » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:50 am

Kishin wrote:Might as well get to the heart of the matter for most of us.

Does it contain the prescence of nookie, open panels, or anything to say that the female in question is really a machine?

Most of the time the Italians do a good job with providing nudity and visual effects so I have high hopes, but thus far the review is sounding like another "CQ" (awful film).
There is a brief "activiation" scene late in the movie, and a fantasy/daydream scene where the main character breaks her with a sword. Neither are worth d/l the movie, in my opinion.