Deployment Strategy

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
noidguy
Retired staff member

Deployment Strategy

Post by noidguy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:33 pm

This was mentioned earlier as a youtube find, but now the dvd is available for purchase from imustmakethisfilm.com

It's only a short film, made mostly to highlight the special effects work. There is a scene where a sexbot goes into combat mode. Lots of whirring noises and when they fill her full of bullets she lays on the floor twitching and emitting some smoke.

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:40 pm

Mmmmmm. Sexbot.

Karel

Post by Karel » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:08 pm

Man. It's clearly made by a bunch of college kids, and frankly I thought the dialogue in the trailer on YouTube was puerile. But MAN! Now I have to see this. The special effects works is absurdly good. How do a bunch of people who probably have no funding and no distribution put something like that together? It's really remarkable. I hope somebody notices all the effort they put into it.

markcheng

Post by markcheng » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:31 pm

yo fembot fanz!
i found out about this site after getting all this referral traffic from this post. iMustMakeThisFilm.com is my production blog. www.DeploymentStrategyMovie.com is the official site for the film in question here.

I had no idea there was a site like this!!! Just for you guys, I've exported and uploaded this scene of the Sexbot model "Cindy" firmware version 6.5a.

Enjoy the clip!! ...and Karel, it was a tad fresher than puerile!!!!!

Sexbot gets modded with hand-to-hand combat mo-cap warez.

and here's a screen cap of her HUD's retinal scan...

thanks for the interest!!

Mark Cheng
director/producer Deployment Strategy

markcheng

Post by markcheng » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:35 pm

here's another one i thought you guys would like of the Itzfuct Inc.'s dialogue response options...

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:38 pm

Wow! That's great! Thanks Mark.

fection

Post by fection » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:06 am

Wow! Nice robo-preening!

markcheng

Post by markcheng » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:30 am

Kishin wrote:Hey Mark you're in good company here!

we've got another film director doing android films here as well. Maybe you two could collaborate sometime.

Kinda Rodriguez/Tarantino sorta thing? :D
sounds awesome... you guys into Ghost in the Shell fembots? and Blade Runner fembots? i gotta poke around this site more..

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:55 am

See,there's hope after all. Now on to those Japanese producers of ASFR.

jakeCTom
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by jakeCTom » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:26 am

markcheng wrote:
Kishin wrote:Hey Mark you're in good company here!

we've got another film director doing android films here as well. Maybe you two could collaborate sometime.

Kinda Rodriguez/Tarantino sorta thing? :D
sounds awesome... you guys into Ghost in the Shell fembots? and Blade Runner fembots? i gotta poke around this site more..
Brother, everyone has something different that they like. Should I say all models are welcome. :D

wjbaines

Post by wjbaines » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:18 am

Thanks Mark. You're the man!

Lithorien
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by Lithorien » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:23 pm

I'd love to see this made available as a download and not just a DVD. For those of us who don't have a DVD player, it'd make it accessable.

markcheng

Post by markcheng » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:54 pm

Lithorien wrote:I'd love to see this made available as a download and not just a DVD. For those of us who don't have a DVD player, it'd make it accessable.
i'm with you man. it does play great on my video ipod. I'm looking into that too not just for those without dvd players and who have ipods, but for international ppl who i don't ship to and have PAL... I'm working on finding a digital distributor right now.

let me know if you have any recommendations. anyone here with a tivo? was looking at amazon's digital download and direct-to-tivo solution..

WilloWisp
Location: An infinite distance away in a direction which can't be described in 3-dimensions.

Post by WilloWisp » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:58 pm

In fact, even if you don't have access to a DVD player, you have a computer (otherwise, you couldn't access this forum, and having the video file would do you no good).

Computers virtually always come with a DVD-ROM drive these days, and there's plenty of programs with which you can play DVD movies on your computer. If yours doesn't have a DVD-ROM drive, it's probably too old to play an encoded video file anyway.

cod386

Post by cod386 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:39 pm

You can even play a DVD image file without having a DVD (using a virtual drive) ;)

Lithorien
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by Lithorien » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:10 pm

WilloWisp wrote:In fact, even if you don't have access to a DVD player, you have a computer (otherwise, you couldn't access this forum, and having the video file would do you no good).

Computers virtually always come with a DVD-ROM drive these days, and there's plenty of programs with which you can play DVD movies on your computer. If yours doesn't have a DVD-ROM drive, it's probably too old to play an encoded video file anyway.
I've got a P4 3.4 GHz white-box with a gig of ram running WinXP, an nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra, and the only forms of disk input I have are a CD-RW and a floppy disk. Computer's not old, just that the operator doesn't want to spend the money for a DVD drive. ;)

I think I should spring for buying a DVD drive and slap it in place, if just for this movie and if it's as cheap as Kishin says - or I could find the DVD ISO and play it through Daemon Tools... hm. How much do ya'll think a good DVD-R +/- would cost nowadays?

But yes. Definately worth spending some money to see this. :)

freakofn99

Post by freakofn99 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:34 am

you can also buy external dvd drives even if your computer doesn't have one and hook it up using a usb port

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:04 am

markcheng wrote:here's another one i thought you guys would like of the Itzfuct Inc.'s dialogue response options...

THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!

Somebody got it right! The subtle sounds effects, the attitude shifting, the movements! For all those who buy a dvd for that one gold scene, this looks better than any clip that you can get from the those who have no clue what works for us.

Keep up the good work 8)

barakuda

Post by barakuda » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:18 pm

Your right Kishin about the HD DVD war its stupid> I work for Costco and most dont even understand it. Plus lots of content is exclusive to one or the other.

A.N.N.
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by A.N.N. » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:12 pm

Sadly, the next-gen DVD war is all about $ and control, not about the best service or content.

Thanks for the recommendation for "Deployment Strategy". I'm gonna have to check it out! :D
A.N.N.

markcheng

Post by markcheng » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:19 pm

hey all,
i just got a review here on blogger news network. thankfully, it came out exactly as i'd hope. couldn't ask for a better one!
mc

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:36 am

markcheng wrote:hey all,
i just got a review here on blogger news network. thankfully, it came out exactly as i'd hope. couldn't ask for a better one!
mc
Congrats, Mark! Here's hoping you get some interested investors :wink:

markcheng

Post by markcheng » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:47 pm

Kishin wrote:You know a sequel to DS would be cool. Since the main character is going to be a little cybernetic now, you can follow his missions with the next squad they assign him to.

That would deal with how cyborged people have to handle life in that world.
hey kishin,
that's exactly what i'm writing now! I actually knew I didn't have the money to make a story about the mech fire teams, so i wrote DS as a prequel to that to show how Lee lost his all-organic status. Hoping to use the film and the festival wins to get some private equity for a feature.

in any case, you were spot on and had the reaction i was really hoping for- the want to see more!

mc

markcheng

Post by markcheng » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:50 am

thanks kishin, but honestly you have no idea how cool it is for me as a director to read a thread like this and engage with fellow fans of the genre!!!!!!!!!!!!

at the Indie Gathering Film festival where DS took home Best Sci-Fi, i had a linux programmer come up to me and rave about DS. I was stunned and honored.

mc