Photoshop LITE ...

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
The Collector
Banned

Photoshop LITE ...

Post by The Collector » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:19 am

I notice alot of artists either favor or WANT to favor Photoshop, I think this might interest you guys & gals.

http://blog.scifi.com/tech/archives/200 ... expre.html

ehy
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by ehy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:48 pm

There's also <a>GIMPShop</a>, which is free and has a lot of features. I've barely scratched the surface of Photoshop so I can't compare the two, but GIMPShop seems to be pretty powerful.

roachbob

Post by roachbob » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:31 pm

ehy wrote:There's also <a>GIMPShop</a>, which is free and has a lot of features. I've barely scratched the surface of Photoshop so I can't compare the two, but GIMPShop seems to be pretty powerful.
Unfortunately, GIMP has a few...issues...with the user interface.
If you're used to Photoshop (or even have a passing famililarity with it), you may experience *extreme* frustration with the way GIMP handles tasks. I've been using Photoshop for many years, and GIMP tends to annoy the crap out of me.

I'm not trying to dimiss it, though. GIMP *is* very sophisticated, though, and people can do amazing things with it.

(...To me, GIMP represents the Best and the Worst of what the Open Source movement can offer: A immensely powerful software application written by some very clever people, and a User interface written by a committee. But I digress. :)

ehy
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by ehy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:51 pm

Note that GIMPShop and GIMP aren't quite the same thing. GIMPShop is GIMP plus some enhancements to try to make the UI more friendly to Photoshop users. Never having used GIMP itself, and having only minimal experience with Photoshop, I can't say how well they succeeded. But if you've only used GIMP, you might try GIMPShop and see if it addresses any of your problems. (I'd be curious to know if it does.)

roachbob

Post by roachbob » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:21 pm

ehy wrote:Note that GIMPShop and GIMP aren't quite the same thing. GIMPShop is GIMP plus some enhancements to try to make the UI more friendly to Photoshop users. Never having used GIMP itself, and having only minimal experience with Photoshop, I can't say how well they succeeded. But if you've only used GIMP, you might try GIMPShop and see if it addresses any of your problems. (I'd be curious to know if it does.)
...and now that you mention it, they are different.

Bugger, I ranted for no reason. :)

I'll take a look in the next few days and give it a go.
(Let's put it this way: It HAS to be an improvement over the last time I tried GIMP. :) )