NBC'S BIONIC WOMAN

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
singory

NBC'S BIONIC WOMAN

Post by singory » Mon May 14, 2007 2:52 pm

pictures at the link :)

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... /index.htm
NBC on Monday announced a new Bionic Woman series to air on the network this fall, as well as on Sci Fi at a yet-to-be-announced date.

The series, which will air on Wednesdays at 9 p.m., stars Michelle Ryan from EastEnders as Jaime Sommers.

Here's how NBC describes the show:

"Struggling as a bartender and surrogate mom to her teenage sister, Jaime Sommers didn't think life could get much harder. But when a devastating car accident leaves her at death's door, Jaime's only hope for survival is a cutting-edge, top-secret technology that comes at a hefty price. With a whole new existence and a debt to re-pay, Jaime must figure out how to use her extraordinary abilities for good, while weighing the personal sacrifices she will have to make. Ultimately, it's Jaime's journey of self-discovery and inner strength that will help her embrace her new life as the Bionic Woman."

Will Yun Lee, who starred in Wtichblade and the Elektra movie, plays Jae, a specialized operations leader.

The cast also includes: Mae Whitman as Becca, Jaime's younger sister; Miguel Ferrer as Jonas, the man who employs Jaime's boyfriend; Chris Bowers as Will, Jaime's boyfriend, who performs the operation; and Molly Price, as Ruth, Jonas' second-in-command.

Battlestar Galactica's Katee Sackhoff plays Sara in the pilot episode.

Bionic Woman is produced by NBC Universal Television Studio and executive-produced by David Eick, Glen Morgan, Michael Dinner (who also directed the pilot) and Jason Smilovic.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Mon May 14, 2007 9:13 pm

Robotman wrote:I hope this series revives everyone's favourite arch-nemesises. :D
Me too, cuz the rest of it sounds like crap.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Mon May 14, 2007 10:21 pm

There are a few clips of this show on youtube already.

minkwheel

Post by minkwheel » Tue May 15, 2007 3:45 pm

The way things go in TV LAND today...there's hardly a chance ANY show gets past the THREE EPISODE mark before it's axed....HOWEVER..... NBC has a HUGE gap to fill with series...so they may hang onto this one for a little while because it has RETRO appeal...truthfully, the main things holding the network together are DEAL OR NO DEAL and HEROES...so NBC needs several new hits to get back on it's collective feet. -minkwheel
...From my HEART and from my HAND
WHY don't people understand my intentions?

dudemqnguy

Post by dudemqnguy » Wed May 16, 2007 10:52 pm

Heard a run-down of several new shows on public radio today, and the lady being interviewed said she thought 'Bionic Woman' was the one most likely to be a break out hit - She was as surprised by the idea as the interviewer, but still thought the show might have legs.

So to speak.

Call me weird, but I've always had a thing for originally human chicks with mechanical replacement parts. I've got my fingers crossed for this one.
"Things are always darkest just before you step on the cat."

singory

Post by singory » Thu May 17, 2007 1:20 am

well since heroes is a hit and if bionic woman becomes a hit also NBC will be doing all Sci FI sereis :P

Frostillicus
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by Frostillicus » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:38 pm

noidguy wrote:
Robotman wrote:I hope this series revives everyone's favourite arch-nemesises. :D
Me too, cuz the rest of it sounds like crap.
Quote from the Sept. 10 - 16, 2007 issue of TV Guide magazine:
"Michelle Ryan uses her powers these days mainly to fend off comparisons to Lindsay Wagner and questions about bionic German shepherds. (And for the 800th time: No, the fembots and Sasquatch won't be back either!)"
End f**king quote :evil:

Given the tone of the statement and categorizing fembots with Bigfoot and a dog, they seem to think the entire idea as ridiculous.
Thaw me out when robot wives are cheap and effective.

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:16 pm

Ah Ha.

andoroido

Post by andoroido » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:07 pm

Guh.

So they're editing the SCC shooting scene out, because it disturbs the type of people who would never watch the show, or even watch TV, in the first place?
Maybe they can edit out all the violence and let the Terminators debate?

Or maybe it's just a ploy to sell DVDs down the line.

GZ02

Post by GZ02 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:48 pm

Speaking of which, I don't think a Terminator-to-Terminator debate would be that lengthy:

Terminator 1: "All humans must be destroyed."

Terminator 2: "Correct."

Terminator 1: "Thank you for tuning in."

Nah, it just wouldn't work.

PBS would have, like, 500 talk/debate shows a day if it were run by Terminators.

:P

minkwheel

Post by minkwheel » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:02 am

MICHELLE RYAN>>>> ....and SO.... to sum it all up... WATCH MY SHOW, OR WE'LL PUNCH YOU IN THE NECK. --REALLY.

apok
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Cyborg

Post by apok » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:49 am

How much mechanical content? How much "construction"?

Devil

Post by Devil » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:19 pm

Hey all, just heard that Bionic Woman was cancelled the other day. Sad to see it go, even though I didn't catch it much.

minkwheel

Post by minkwheel » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:42 am

MICHELLE RYAN>>>>> CRAP IN A HAT, AND BUGGER ALL!!! -- CANCELLED !!!??!!! --HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO PAY FOR THESE BIONICS NOW? -- British Television pays SQUAT unless you're a guy like JOHN CLEESE! -- WAITaMINIT.......He's still living off of 13 episodes of FAWLTY TOWERS after 30 years, AND I DID 22 HOUR LONG EPISODES OF MY SHOW..... Hmmmm ....THAT'S LIKE DOING FIVE YEARS OF SHOWS in Britain if you cut 'em in half and run 'em as half hour cliffhangers......... OH BOY! -- i DON'T HAVE TO GO BACK TO 'EASTENDERS" after all.... SYNDICATION IS A LOVELY THING! --They're going to think I'm A FRIKKIN' GODDESS in KENYA! -- maybe I won't have to do the SCI FI CONVENTION circuit and get $20 for each autograph ....ah, what the HELL.... IT'S GROCERY MONEY.... LINE UP THE GEEKS, I'm here to sign some 8X10 glossies!

minkwheel>>>> Maybe there SHOULD'VE BEEN SOME FEMBOTS in the show ....I'm just SAYIN' ....

MICHELLE RYAN>>>>BACK IN LINE FOOL... and PONY UP A 20!!!

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:47 am

Actually it's my understanding that The Bionic Woman was one of the casualties of the writer's strike. I honestly do think that if they introduced fembots in the show, though in a different capacity than the original, it might have had more of a chance because that gives many options and directions to explore and will peak interest if those women were a complete mystery for at least an entire season. They could have been foreign operatives or from another super secret agency that no one else was aware of or both! This could also have lead to exotic locations and the fact that if it was a collaboration with another country, then it would be hard to shut that operation down, so they can just keep coming and take many (HOT) forms. Too late now.

barakuda

Figures

Post by barakuda » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:14 am

But there were several other nonrelated new shows to get cancelledbecause of the writers strike. Mabey if someone likes the show or the fembots idea they can move it to SciFi channel which is the same company has NBC. I thought it might end up there anyways. Now how about KnightRider mabey some fembots there we can only hope. But it is funny how transformers were all General Motors. Now the new KIT is a Ford.

Devil

Re: Figures

Post by Devil » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:29 am

[quote="barakuda"]But there were several other nonrelated new shows to get cancelledbecause of the writers strike. Mabey if someone likes the show or the fembots idea they can move it to SciFi channel which is the same company has NBC. I thought it might end up there anyways. Now how about KnightRider mabey some fembots there we can only hope. But it is funny how transformers were all General Motors. Now the new KIT is a Ford.[/quote]

NBC offered the rights to the show to all the big 3, but Ford was the only one to return their phone call.

Now I have Tivo, not I can't catch the show! Argh!

Gorgo
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Gorgo » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:47 am

Well, if that's how this show turned out, it's no real great loss.

Too bad . . .
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. warship approaching it: This is a lighthouse; your call.

DukeNukem 2417

It's official: The show is dead

Post by DukeNukem 2417 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:47 pm

From http://www.superherohype.com:

NBC Cancels Bionic Woman
Source: TV Guide February 21, 2008

TV Guide reports that NBC has cancelled "Bionic Woman":

Although NBC isn't talking, I'm told by multiple sources that Bionic staffers were informed late last week that the troubled reboot has indeed been canceled. That means no spring relaunch under new show-runner Jason Cahill – which is too bad. Cahill's a talented guy (see: The Sopranos), and I was anxious to see what he would do with the show. But I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Well, guess Sarah Connor Chronicles proved to be the "better" show after all.

(P.S.: Please feel free to post after me; it aggravates the living hell out of me when I post on a thread and nobody posts after me. Reminds me too much of high school.....)
"No one steals our chicks.....and lives!"

Borias

Post by Borias » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:04 pm

Last edited by Borias on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

minkwheel

Post by minkwheel » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:10 pm

Hey...I'm just psyched that I'm going to get to MEET Ms. Lindsay Wagner in May at our local con-- CHILLER THEATRE... May 2nd-4th. I help out my friends at TROMA and SEDUCTION CINEMA sell some movies... but I DO get some time to work the floor before the crowds show up.... Cripes... I'm probably going to feel like such a FANBOY around her... --minkwheel

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:53 pm

When you walk by her you should have a recording of the fembot hum playing. See if she reacts. :D

DrFranklin

Fembots on the Bionic Wiki

Post by DrFranklin » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:45 am

I just came across this site :

http://bionic.wikia.com/wiki/Fembots

minkwheel

Post by minkwheel » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:54 am

...if I did THAT, Noidguy...she'd probably just throw her coffee in my face to see if I'd short out....the long line of FANS would be the ones that would stomp all over me because it would look like I'm hogging the line. I'll have my REVENGE however... I already KNOW that the Hilton Hotel that she's staying in HAS NO SELECT COMFORT BEDS.... that would be THE RADISSON. -- Ahhhhh.....EVIL triumphs ONCE AGAIN!!! -- minkwheel

DukeNukem 2417

Post by DukeNukem 2417 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:42 am

Kishin wrote:*gives Duke a wedgie to help him feel more like he's at highschool*
*grunt* Thanks, Kishin. I really needed that. DAMNIT!!!!!![/i]
"No one steals our chicks.....and lives!"