Marking Robots

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.

How should a fembot be marked?

Mark them with something permanent - a tattoo, exposed metal, etc.
30%
Leave them looking robot enough not to need marking.
12%
Don't mark them - only the owner needs to know.
40%
Mark them with something impermanent - a tag, a uniform, etc.
18%

Total votes: 83

Ciepher
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Cyborg

Marking Robots

Post by Ciepher » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:40 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by Ciepher on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

DollSpace
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by DollSpace » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:07 pm

Not sure exactly how I feel about that, considering I personally don't have any permanent markings or stuff like that, but in my stories a lot of times the robots will have a marking on their feet somewhere that can be hidden but at the same time vulnerable to discovery...*shrugs*

And you were made three years and five days after me :-P (as far as I know)

*hugs*
Ryn

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by Stephaniebot » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:18 am

Me, I love the idea of being marked permanently with a barcode or something similar, providing its done so it doesnt provide 'entertainment' in the shops of course! A Tattoo seems the obvious answer to this,only the slight lack of courage, and more the case of how do you explain it to the tattooist stops me doing so.
I would have it done somewhere where it can be hidden, because of things like work etc, but fancy it somewhere where it can be shown with pride at the right occasion. On chest, or above navel appeal but not sure how practical they are as places to get it done.
Maybe barcode and SB or SB8, not sure a full name would really work in small size letters?
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

slvsara
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by slvsara » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:53 am

robotman wrote:I wanted to vote for all choices, because each one is appealing to me in different ways. <snippage> I like a fembot who flaunts her artificiality. :wink:
I could not have said it better myself...the idea of a barcode, either
visible or in UV reactive ink (so that it would only show up when
"scanned"), placed just above/on top of the left breast....mmmmmm.
When paired with a gynoid who is programmed to revel in her
"bot-ness", having no shame or guilt about walking around nude,
since she is, after all, just a device. And proud of it. Oh. Yesssssssss.

Then there is the "soccer mom" model, a fembot who only indicates she
knows of her true nature when directed to do so, which is pretty
darn appealing too...

Oh my....so many nice choices. :mrgreen: I'll take one of each......
Please ?
Obediantly,
sara

"The perversity of technosexuals is ornate and elaborate."

Ciepher

Post by Ciepher » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:51 am

On the subject of robot indicators for real-world ladies and gents, I've found some fascinating links:

Biomechanical Tatoos: http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/mech001.html

Bar Code Art, with temporary tattoos and a barcode maker: http://www.barcodeart.com/index.html

Barcode Island, everything imaginable about barcodes: http://www.barcodeisland.com/

Barcode Mill, the best barcode generator: http://www.barcodemill.com/index.php

Pet Tags (Ordering mine online may be less embarrasing :)) : http://www.pettag.co.uk/

Dog Tags.. and a cute generator: http://id-ideas.com/people.html

Generator Example:
(Ripper is my Callidus Assassin character, V is the first initial of my real name, dis-aes.net is my website.)

And finally, Brunching Shuttlecocks' cute cyborg name decoder.. you can get a t-shirt too!: http://cyborg.namedecoder.com

Ciepher

Post by Ciepher » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:54 am

slvsara wrote: ...Then there is the "soccer mom" model, a fembot who only indicates she
darn appealing too...
I wonder if the Stepford Wives were like this, converting to robot mode at the whim of their husbands.

Oh, I'm excited.. the 2004 remake of The Stepford Wives is on Sky TV tonight! They are a bit to domestic for me to want to move to Stepford though.. I'd rather be a combat bot like 1001011001's Yachi.

slvsara

Post by slvsara » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:26 pm

#5985 'Ciepher' wrote:
slvsara wrote: ...Then there is the "soccer mom" model, a fembot who only indicates she
darn appealing too...
I wonder if the Stepford Wives were like this, converting to robot mode at the whim of their husbands..
Or the whim of their neighbor, after she has discovered the true
nature of the "SM unit" that lives next door to her. :wink:
Obediantly,
sara

Fembot-Fem

Post by Fembot-Fem » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:56 pm

I imagine it would be more logical to make them known amongst a crowd, because people would likely be afraid of robots. I still think no marks comes in handy for a good story where the spouse/friend/co-worker dosent know.

Bonita772

Post by Bonita772 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:30 am

I think something permanent. I would say a permanent tag that displays the fembots serial #, full name, and a scannable barcode, for service purposes.

Bonita772
I am not a toy. I am a very expensive piece of machinery.

tectile

Post by tectile » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:59 pm

I have always found the idea of a small serial number, barcode, or model number totooed or impressed into the flesh of the sole of a lovely fembot foot very apealing.

I'm not sure why this is because any sort of tatoo or piercing on a real woman is a big turn off for me. :?

33cl33

Post by 33cl33 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:37 am

I've always liked the idea of a logo/serial & model number of some sort on the small of the back, as it's such a common area for real tattoos these days - wouldn't look too out of place until closer inspection.
SynthSuite audio clips, etc: https://linktr.ee/synthsuite

goldengun009

Post by goldengun009 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:50 pm

If I was the owner, I would like to see how well my gynoid could blend into society without being noticed.

goldengun009

xodar

Marking

Post by xodar » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:23 pm

Don't mark them, just have an implant ID device like you can get for pets. This could come with the bot and might contain a record of ownership.
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9

A.N.N.

Post by A.N.N. » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:00 pm

It's all about the barcode man! some where discreet, but not impossible to see, maybe a little subdue along the inseam of her leg.

maybe even a "Made in Japan" mark under the arm... just an idea.
A.N.N.

Ciepher

Post by Ciepher » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:10 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by Ciepher on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

slvsara

Post by slvsara » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:07 am

Ciepher 5985 wrote:I've got my tag! I can't be arsed to get my scanner out tonight to get a clear image of it, but here's a photo:
<snip>
It has 'CIEPHER' on the front and '5985' on the back.

Mmmm. Looks nice. :)

Do you plan on posting any similar pics in the stock photos gallery ?
(hopefull look..... :D )
Obediantly,
sara

Pleasureunit

Hola'!

Post by Pleasureunit » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:07 pm

Wow Ciepher Unit! You're really pretty!

How much do your series retail for??? 8)

Queenbot
I thought we were friends. How could you do a thing like that? I was just going to fix coffee. :faceoff:

Ciepher

Post by Ciepher » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:36 am

slvsara wrote: Mmmm. Looks nice. :)

Yes, I'm planning a whole set.. a storyline almost. Something like: laying deactivated, being programmed via computer, being posed, in use as a sentry and finally being deactivated and put away again. If I can find a carboard box big enough, I might even do my arrival and unpackaging. :D

Ciepher

Post by Ciepher » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:41 am

Unfortunately, my face is a unique sculpt.. however the Dismal Aesthetics labs could probably customize something similar.. :wink:

bilbo

Hey Ciepher

Post by bilbo » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:59 pm

Ok so your face plate is unique, but is the rest of your chassis a standard build. Or are you a concept/prototype model? What size is your hard drive? What are you primarily programmed for?
Gromit is dead long live Bilbo

slvsara

Post by slvsara » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:44 pm

Ciepher 5985 wrote:
slvsara wrote: Mmmm. Looks nice. :)

Yes, I'm planning a whole set.. a storyline almost. Something like: laying deactivated, being programmed via computer, being posed, in use as a sentry and finally being deactivated and put away again. If I can find a carboard box big enough, I might even do my arrival and unpackaging. :D

:mrgreen: Sounds great !!
Obediantly,
sara

Ciepher

Post by Ciepher » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:59 pm

(Yay character profile! I loved the idea of being a prototype model - much more room for malfunctions and improvements. Maybe I should write up a full story about my robopersona.)

I am the protoype for Automation Aesthetics Institue's most recent creation, the Artemis model. We are multi-purpose models, with the capacity to be used for companionship, personal security and maid services. However, like all AAI products, we are capable of learning to perform almost any task, either by programming or by experience.

We were based on the earlier Athena model, but we are less combat-oriented and have a much greater skill with ranged weapons. We were also to have a much more realistic appearance, so my designer gave me a standard AAI dancer-style body of slightly above average height.

My body is made of a biomechanical subance called FalseFlesh, pulled over a metal endoskeleton and fastened around my various opening panels.. because I'm just a prototype my seams are visible, but only on close inspection.

As for my hard drive, it varies depending on whether I'm 'wearing' any extra memory implants or not..

MAGNUS

Post by MAGNUS » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:51 pm

If i had a choice of where to mark a female android then i would focus on areas of her anatomy that i would fixate on in the first place. My personal choices are a fembot's breasts & her belly. These areas wouldn't normally be exposed until clothing is removed or she wore something see-through or skimpy like a swimsuit or lingerie.

A copyright date & manufacturing company brand name could be engraved in a circular pattern around both of her nipples similar to this information being inscribed around the outer edges of any CD. This way only you would know about it unless she starts walking topless in public.

Next, & most importantly, i would concentrate on her belly button as the primary identification centre. This would be my first choice location for any special markings or logos. It would make sense to modify the belly button as it is an already existing mark on our bodies. I see no need whatsoever to look for other places on the female form to make any sort of permanent markings. This would only be defacing what is already a perfect & beautiful creation.

My fembot would have a protruding belly button which would resemble half of a golf ball jutting out from her tummy. There would be a flat area at the centre of this golf ball for an engraved company logo or model number to be specially stamped on its surface. The outer edges of her belly button would buckle & fold around the spherical ball built into her belly cavity. She would seem perfectly real from every other angle but you would be constantly reminded of her true nature when she rubs her belly up against you & you can feel this flesh covered bulge on her body as she undulates her stomach while pressing tightly against your body.

Having the logo engraved on a belly ball would be similar to having a Lamborghini logo on the hood of that company's cars. If there was a huge company designing & mass producing fembots then they would certainly have their trademark logo on their products like any other manufactured goods. This means that i certainly wouldn't want a logo engraved on her forehead. Would you want your girlfriend or wife walking around in public with a symbol etched into her forehead?

MAGNUS
Last edited by MAGNUS on Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FROM THE SEA COMES MAGNUS TO FIGHT THE
EVIL ROBOTS WHO ARE THE MASTERS OF MAN

M4R1A

Post by M4R1A » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:37 pm

Needing to have to mark a robot to be able to tell it's a robot? That takes the fun out of them being a robot. :? :cry:

Ciepher

Post by Ciepher » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:18 pm

MAGNUS wrote:
...Would you want your girlfriend or wife walking around in public with a symbol etched into her forehead?

MAGNUS
Absolutely, and that's why I'm a fan of non-permanent markings. I like your 'CD mark' breasts and belly ball ideas though, I wouldn't mind being marked like that if I were a fembot. Discreet but obvious.

My belly button preferance is as a socket for recharging, connecting to computers, etc.