Comics with Wind-up characters

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
~?

Comics with Wind-up characters

Post by ~? » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:57 am

Ah, the wind-up key. It's nearly primitive in it's simplicity, which is probably why it's become iconic. As far as printed media it is the universal indicator that a character is under another's control or a robot.
Hmm, getting a bit cerebral about the subject; but it is strange how such an incongruous addition to a character can be such a turn on. I see this as being a turn on even for people who have no interest in robots too; like I said it's an indication of control.

Anyway, as for comics,here are the ones I can remeber:

Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane (early issue, if anyone wants I will find issue number) - life-size doll of Lois

Gen13:Magical Drama Queen Roxy #4 - giant robot maid goddess Anna

Nine-Volt #1 - chase cover for issue one features title character with key

Wild Things #1 - story called "Key Club"; is about robots activated by a key in their back so it's not strictly wind-up content

Batman/Toyman #2(?) - miniseries featured a sequence in a computer game where the player's avatars are shown with keys in their backs; the villain was female

I know there are lots of others so if anyone knows of any, please contribute. If I can remember any others I'll do the same. Maybe some of the others will jog my memory.

Windupdolluver
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Windupdolluver » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:55 pm

Hey I've got that issue of Nine-Volt!

DollSpace
Technosexuality: Built

Post by DollSpace » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:00 am

I'll keep an eye out! I wear a wind-up key all the time around my neck! *giggle*

Your local clockwork-girl,
Ryn

ShinDangaioh

Post by ShinDangaioh » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:02 pm

rynchan wrote:I'll keep an eye out! I wear a wind-up key all the time around my neck! *giggle*

Ryn
Been meaning to aske where you got your avatar. Is there other pictures like it?

Back on topic.

The manga:

Zemai Jikake no Tina
Junk-chan(Way too young, but she's there)

An Archie one panel comic. A giant Mrs. Grundy, "Now which is the key to motivate them." the people with keys in their backs: Archie, Moose, Jughead, Veronica. Veronica has her hands out straight and has mvoement lines. The others are just lying there.

DollSpace
Technosexuality: Built

Post by DollSpace » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:18 am

ShinDangaioh wrote:
rynchan wrote:I'll keep an eye out! I wear a wind-up key all the time around my neck! *giggle*

Ryn
Been meaning to aske where you got your avatar. Is there other pictures like it?

Back on topic.

The manga:

Zemai Jikake no Tina
Junk-chan(Way too young, but she's there)
I got my avatar from an artist friend. She drew a full-sized picture for me, which I cropped into my avatar and various icons. She does commissions, and her site is located here.

Speaking of "Zenmai Jikake no Tina", Zenmai-chan's KaRaKuRi House is one of my favourite places to visit online! ^^

Ryn

~?

Post by ~? » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:53 am

ShinDangaioh wrote:An Archie one panel comic. A giant Mrs. Grundy, "Now which is the key to motivate them." the people with keys in their backs: Archie, Moose, Jughead, Veronica. Veronica has her hands out straight and has mvoement lines. The others are just lying there.

If you have this comic, is there any chance you could scan it and post it in the gallery?

Thanks for the responses :D

bhyasuda

Post by bhyasuda » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:16 am

I second the request for the wind-up Archie photo.

ShinDangaioh

Post by ShinDangaioh » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:42 pm

I don't have that digest(I didn't buy it.) and my scanner refuses to work with this computer. Sorry

It shows up in the digests from time to time. The storyline that uses it as a header, is an Archie classic.