Robot Fetish in next issue of UK Bizarre.

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
blackice

Robot Fetish in next issue of UK Bizarre.

Post by blackice » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:15 am

Hi

Flicked through the current one and spotted the page announcing next issue. No sign of it on the newstands yet.

M

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:28 am

Look forward to hearing more details Blackice,thanks for the info.Mind they didnt ask me about my side of the fetish LOL!
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

blackice

haven't seen it on the newstands yet but here's the preview

Post by blackice » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:40 am

ASFRyan
Identification: Cyborg

Re: haven't seen it on the newstands yet but here's the prev

Post by ASFRyan » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:12 pm

Am I slow or is there a way to actually read the content online (without a subscription)?

A few of this month's stories are actually interesting looking.
"I never knew anyone who wanted to be a robot."

jpetoh

Post by jpetoh » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:28 pm

I hope this isn't one of those "let's-point-and-laugh-at-the-weirdoes" articles that pops up every now and then.

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

oh so do I jpetoh

Android675
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by Android675 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:09 am

I was contacted by one of the Bizarre writers by e-mail and was asked several questions for the article. My impression was that the intent of the piece was to explore the fetish, and not ridicule it. Of course, I could be wrong, but the questions I was asked all seemed reasonable.

I couldn't access the content either, but the person who sent the questions promised to send me a copy of the magazine. Of course, it'll take a while to get here from the UK, so perhaps Black Ice will have access to the article sooner.

A

blackice

T+A and stuff

Post by blackice » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:01 am

Hi

Bizarre is not known for their reporting depth so I am afraid it maybe a point at the wierdo's and an excuse to paint women silver.

Doubt they'd put any of the content online. The mag is mainly images.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the issue and post when it's available.

M

allenjb42

Post by allenjb42 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:25 pm

I got the mag yesterday. It's a bit of a rip-off. The whole feature is about 14 pages long. There's some very basic q&a with Robotdoll, Android, Robo-lover and Kishin, a piece on favorite robots ( Truly Scrumptious, Maria, Jeannie-bot, The Terminator(!), Austin Powers Fembots, Mudds androids from Star Trek, and Bjork) and the rest is real life robots, and robotic sex appliances (ie dildos). There are 3 nice manips (including the magazine cover...and that's it. No Stepford, Cherry 2000, Westworld etc, no mention of any fiction sites (LTBSA etc), nada.

Also, for a UK mag, how come there are no interviews with British fembot fans, and no interviews with the girls who want to be fembots?

Stephaniebot - where were you when we needed you to champion the Brits?

As an introduction to the subject it is very basic, and nowhere near as good as WinterRose's ASFR FAQ, which the mag should really have reproduced to do the fetish justice.

Don't waste your money on this, there's nothing there that's not been done a heck of a lot better on this site.
Al

blackice

skim it

Post by blackice » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:17 am

Hi

I figured as much. Will have a look in the shop but not bothered in getting it.

I do know Channel 4 is working on a doc on the subject which maybe broadcast in early 05

M

Android675

Post by Android675 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:07 am

The person who sent me the interview questions is sending me a copy of the magazine, so for anyone who doesn't want to drop a few bucks on the only 14 page magazine article ever written about ASFR, I'll scan the text when I get it.

Isn't anyone excited, or even pleased, about this? We share one of the least known about fetishes on the planet, and a fairly well-known magazine jsut devoted 14 pages to it. It may not cover every single aspect of the fetish, but you gotta start somewhere.

Hopefully, if there are any people out there who read this article and have this fetish in one way or another, but just didn't realize it or never thought to think of it as a robot fetish, will eventually find their way over to our tiny community.

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:51 am

Well I wasnt expecting the most intellectual piece in the world from Bizarre either,but hey 14 pages in a mag is pretty good coverage and several from here are involved so cant be all bad.Nice to see the famous robots of our time get a mention(and indeed image) too.
Stephaniebot only had to be asked and she would have been happy to oblige,both from a British point of view,and also explain her desires and reasons for wanting to be turned into a fembot but was never asked.Lets just hope the C4 doc has a more British side to it,hope Href and Voodoo are involved certainly,and maybe me and Blackice if they wish as well,I certainly would love to be involved.
Android,yes I'm delighted that a magazine has devoted 14 pages over to our lifestyle,as long as its handled in the right way of course which I'm still yet to see.As you say if more people find their way to our community then so much the better,even more so as far as I'm concerned if scientists seeking guinea pigs are among that number LOL!
I look forward to seeing it anyway,will probably buy the mag out of interest just to see now I know its out.

href

Post by href » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:51 pm

got it the other day.

Voodoo has it I think at the moment I think. I will scan the images if people would like?

href

href

Post by href » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:12 pm

they are very disappointing but I will try for this weekend

href

livewire

Post by livewire » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:40 pm

"You’ll never look at a vacuum cleaner in the same way again"...

/groaaannnn......../:roll:

Anyways, yeah, I'd definitely like to see the images if and when you can get them scanned. Please let us know on here when you do, as I can't seem to find things in the gallery unless I know what I'm looking for.

qbard

Post by qbard » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:09 am

Any seen this yet? or any reports of it showing up on newstands in North America.

barakuda
Technosexuality: Built

Post by barakuda » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:48 pm

the bookstore i go to still has september issues. i thbink it wil be in october issue. i live in california. so i think its scoming soon.

Barakuda

qbard

Post by qbard » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:14 am

I live in atlantic canada, and one would figure we would get it before te other side of the continent. The september issue of Loaded just appeared this week here; so i'm hoping that Bizarre shows up next week or the week after like it normally does; but my local magazine store tends to miss import issues once in a while; :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

qbard

Post by qbard » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:01 am

I have now seen this magazine.... it was uninspiring. It was great to see a few "local" people get some time in print; the fembot part of it was a bit disappointing in both content and length.
But as a long term lurker my tastes are a bit jaded anyway.

Is it a must have? Yes.
But I wouldn't have bought it right away, instead of renting a couple of movies last night; if i had the choice again.
If you have extra cash buy it, but don't go broke picking it up, if you have the option of waiting.

Thats just my take on things.

Sorry I don't have a working scanner, otherwise I would post the images here.

Trace Venom
Technosexuality: Built

Saw it on the stand

Post by Trace Venom » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:47 pm

So...

I as I was on my bi-weekly media shopping spree, scanning for import magazines (specifically the most recent issues of Arena or The Face) I was rather surprised to find instead the issue of UK Bizarre that gives this thread it's topic.

While I was severely tempted to pick it up and wedge it between issues of GQ and XL8R (maybe pick up a Dostoyevsky book too, you know, just so whatever female clerk scanned my things thought I was merely interesting and terribly excentric), I hesitated, thinking that it would easily set me back an Alex Hamilton. Since the magazine was damned with faint praise in this thread, I decided against buying it... for the moment.

Sooo... I humbly ask of this honorable tribunal of all things technosexual to reconsider the matter at hand, or that whatever kind soul that has use of a copy and scanner, post the images contained within the rag.

That is all :wink:

allenjb42

Post by allenjb42 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:39 pm

I've scanned the article ready to submit. Am I going to get into trouble in respect of breach of copyright etc if I send it in?
Al

WinterRose

Post by WinterRose » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:32 pm

No more so than folks that have scanned Magazine photos of mechanical women from other magazines and sent them in, or recaptioned or slightly altered pics they didn't photograph themselves...