Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:24 pm

While searching google for 'robot' and 'actress' I came across some mentions of this new film, 2046, from director Wong Kar Wai. I don't know when it will be released, and I don't know what it's about. But there are a few references to some robot lovers, one of them being Faye Wong. More info here...

http://www.monkeypeaches.com/2046.html

If anyone can come up with specific details on release date and robot content I'd like to know.

Trace Venom
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Holy Sh*t...

Post by Trace Venom » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:24 pm

Wong Kar Wai?!

I had no idea... and I'm kind of a fan of his work.

In the Mood for Love is the shizzle, and so is Fallen Angels. I have yet to see Chungking Express, but the BMW car commercial he did around a year or two ago was fantastic.

Whatever 2046 turns out to be in terms of gynoid content, it should be a good movie regardless.

He mostly dwells in the complexity of human relationships. In my opinion, one of his best traits is the ability to pull off romance and sentimentality without beeing cheesy, which is quite a creative feat.

ISAF
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

2046 "In The Mood For Love"

Post by ISAF » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:31 am

I load the film from the Internet just at emule. :wink:

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

Post by KOS-MOS » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:27 pm

I spoke with a HK film buff last night, he says the film is to be realesed before the end of the year and to expect to see it with good subtitles in roughly 6 months.

Lucybotmk1

Re: 2046

Post by Lucybotmk1 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:38 am

noidguy wrote:While searching google for 'robot' and 'actress' I came across some mentions of this new film, 2046, from director Wong Kar Wai. I don't know when it will be released, and I don't know what it's about. But there are a few references to some robot lovers, one of them being Faye Wong. More info here...

http://www.monkeypeaches.com/2046.html

If anyone can come up with specific details on release date and robot content I'd like to know.
This from http://www.wongkarwai.net/ posted November 20 2003 :

Stars of 2046 including Tony Leung Chiu-wai, Faye Wong and Takuya Kimura joined Wong Kar-wai at last week's press conference at the Four Seasons Hotel in Shanghai. Although Wong rarely talks about the plot of his upcoming films, rampant and sometimes fanciful speculation on the part of the press and a multitude of websites appears to have forced him into telling at least part of the story. He explained that the film is a continuation of his last movie, In The Mood For Love, about a newspaper editor, played by Leung, and his next-door neighbour (Maggie Cheung Man-yuk) who fall in love just as their spouses begin an adulterous affair.

In 2046, the editor becomes a novelist and writes a story, titled "2046", which becomes a film-within-a-film. Faye Wong, Takuya Kimura and Chang Chen all play robots from the future and will no doubt be evoking shades of "Blade Runner" along the way. The film has been in and out of production for four years, prompting some to joke that the title actually referred to its release date. However, Wong said it should finish principal photography by the end of the year. "We have three more weeks in Shanghai, then we'll move to Hong Kong for another four weeks," he told reporters. "But we have lots of visual effects to do in post-production, so the actual release date is difficult to say."