FILM + DVD > One of our favorite "Vegas" fembot

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
Corey Fantoccini

FILM + DVD > One of our favorite "Vegas" fembot

Post by Corey Fantoccini » Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:42 am

While, admittedly, this is not an ASFR project, anyone like me who has never been able to shake the memory of Nancy Bleier, the alluring "Gina" from "Fembots in Las Vegas," should pick up the new DVD of THE FIRST NUDIE MUSICAL. Nancy plays a lead chorus girl in this '70's-era romp, and while she has no dialogue, she is often naked, as befitting the title.
On the commentary track, director Bruce Kimmel mentions her fondly many times. Apparently, she was a top model of the day, and went on to a lucrative career as a spokesperson for a popular perfume -- Jhontue, I believe. He does not, however, mention her brief tenure as a fembot. And I'll tell you she looks every bit as good in dance tights and/or naked as she did in that ludicrous red jumpsuit. If only we knew what became of her after then.

Baron

Post by Baron » Thu Jul 04, 2002 12:44 pm

She still acts and models on occasion. She's done "CHiPs," "Dallas," "Knot's Landing." "Barney Miller," "Charlie's Angels," "Harry O," and "Coach," plus brief big-screen appearances in "Rollerball," "The Great Texas Dynamite Chase," "Elephant Parts," "Nudie Musical," and the TV movie "Valley of the Dolls." Along with Jhontue, she was an original Estee Lauder "face" from roughly 1976-79.

I've had the pleasure of e-corresponding with her cousin (by marriage; she's also named Nancy Bleier!) trying to get in contact with Nancy the actress. This "other Nancy" (as she calls herself) is the one you're likely to come across while doing a search - it's her families' website. So far, no word back from "Nancy 2" (the actress). Understandable, from a security point of view; but wouldn't it be nice to snag an interview with a fembot actress for this community?!?

Ironically, the "other" Nancy very much resembles "our" Nancy, give or take a few pounds, and silver hair. Charming lady, nice sense of humor - but she likes her privacy, PLEASE!!!!! Should "our" Nancy get in touch, I'll break the news here FIRST.

Finally, hey Corey: Gina wore one of the BLUE jumpsuits (still horrible); her red outfit was the much sexier cigarette girl minidress - with black boots. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Assemble the ladies? I didn't know that they were broken......

Corey Fantoccini

Post by Corey Fantoccini » Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:57 am

Well, if "Nancy 2" (boy, that nickname's not helping to eradicate the constant image of her as a fembot, is it? :P) ever does surface, I would play it cool first, and talk about all the supporting work she did in other films. There certainly is a lot of interesting stuff in her resume. Then maybe things would be comfortable enough to start asking questions about fembot lore.

For that matter, I saw Jennifer Darling pop up as one of Susan Sullivan's "ladies who lunch" friends on episodes of DHARMA & GREG. She still looks real perky.