New Female Robot in Galactica Series

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
Bunnybot

New Female Robot in Galactica Series

Post by Bunnybot » Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:48 am

Hi evrybody. I found some pics of the new redesigned Galactica series, and as i´m a fan of the old series, i´m very disapointed with the design and look. But...they got a female Cylon in the series. Have a look.

http://www.galactica2003.net/characters/6.htm

well no robotic apearence or open panels so far, but let´s hope for some nice scenes in the series.

Best regards, Bunnybot

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:14 pm

Oh...my...GOD!

Makes ya wish the original series had this aspect, huh?
C'mon over & check out my other webpage:

The First Church Of Buster

And, the homepage:

Mythbusters Fan Club.com

Cylon Centurion

Greetings from Cylon

Post by Cylon Centurion » Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:21 am

Hello everyone,

I am one of the webmasters of the Battlestar Galactica 2003 website. This morning, I was just checking out the website report and I saw several new hits coming from this forum so I decided to check it out. I do like what I see in this forum and I am a robot fan as well in the genre of anime and science fiction.

In regards to Number Six the female Cylon in the new series, there are also metallic robotic types that serve as foot soldiers. No pictures have yet to be released of the new Cylon Centurion for the miniseries but the website does feature an interview with Eric Chu, the designer of the new Cylons. He gives several spoilers as to what the new Cylons will look like and the differences with the original. Also Eric Chu is the designer of the new look Galactica and several of the ships of the Rag Tag Fleet. So if you would like to know more about the Cylon metallic types, please read this article:
http://www.galactica2003.net/articles/chu050703.htm

Also a filmography and biography of Mr. Chu is available at:
http://www.galactica2003.net/crew/chu.htm

I do plan on dropping by from time to time see what's up at this BBS. Talk to you guys soon.

-Ted
``You wake up one morning, and your world has changed forever, and what happens to you? What do you do? How do you react to it? How does the guy next to you react to it? What does it say about you?'' - Ron Moore
www.galactica2003.net

tectile

Post by tectile » Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:40 am

Thanks for dropping in and for the info.

To be honest I was not a huge fan of the original BG but the Cylon's were great. Good FX and very scary.

I'm looking forward to seeing what SciFi will do with the new BG and I will definetly be keeping an eye out for the lovley number six.

"By your command"

Ps, the BG site doesn't seem to work with the Opera web browser for some reason.

Cylon Centurion

Post by Cylon Centurion » Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:08 am

tectile wrote:Thanks for dropping in and for the info.

To be honest I was not a huge fan of the original BG but the Cylon's were great. Good FX and very scary.

I'm looking forward to seeing what SciFi will do with the new BG and I will definetly be keeping an eye out for the lovley number six.

"By your command"

Ps, the BG site doesn't seem to work with the Opera web browser for some reason.
Thanks for letting me know about the Opera issue. I will check that out later.
``You wake up one morning, and your world has changed forever, and what happens to you? What do you do? How do you react to it? How does the guy next to you react to it? What does it say about you?'' - Ron Moore
www.galactica2003.net

tinyspider

Post by tinyspider » Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:48 pm

well... tectile... :oops: hope u don't get mad at me... :oops: :oops: but er...
(looking ashamed to the floor) nothing but plain text, spam and horrible aniGifs works on opera!
(running to hide behind a wall)
Isaid that?! oh my god! Sorry for saying it! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Cylon Centurion

Cinescape Poll on new BSG

Post by Cylon Centurion » Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:38 am

http://www.cinescape.com/0/Television_2.asp

If you would like to express an opinion through a vote on the new Battlestar Galactica, please click on the link above. Thank you.
www.galactica2003.net

tectile

Post by tectile » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:48 am

Don't wory man, I am way too old and lazy to be mad at anyone for anything anymore.

Opera has always worked well for me. Perhaps we are using different versions. Mine is V6.02.

I havn't checked for updates in quite a while. Maybe it has gotten worse over time like IE and Netscape IMHO.

I'm still using Netscape 4.6 and IE 6 for crying out loud.

I just like the older versions better I gues. Fewer bells and whistles and much less clutter.

Cylon Centurion

New Cylons up

Post by Cylon Centurion » Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:20 pm

Sketches of the new Cylon Centurion and the Cylon Raider have just been added on the website. Come check them out at:

Cylon Centurion
http://www.galactica2003.net/cylons/centurion.htm

Cylon Raider
http://www.galactica2003.net/cylons/raider.htm

They are basic production sketches but they give you a good idea of the new look Cylons.
www.galactica2003.net

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:55 am

:D Hey. If you really are who you say you are, I just want to say thanks for giving us the scoop! It's great to have someone in the know aboard. I hope that you decide to stick around even after the series airs!

Cylon Centurion

Post by Cylon Centurion » Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:28 am

Keizo wrote::D Hey. If you really are who you say you are, I just want to say thanks for giving us the scoop! It's great to have someone in the know aboard. I hope that you decide to stick around even after the series airs!
You welcome. I will dropping by from time to time and even after the miniseries airs. If you have questions about the remake, I am more than happy to answer them. Thanks
www.galactica2003.net

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:08 am

Hey, cool! Someone from the inside of the new BG!

I'm not real clear on the whole concept of this new BG...is it taking place AFTER the 'original' BG (like the Star Trek spinoffs), or is it an entirely new look at the 'original', as it could have been?

Nice pix on the webpage, too.

And, since everyone else hasn't said so, welcome to our little corner of the universe.

And, the homepage:

Mythbusters Fan Club.com

Cylon Centurion

Post by Cylon Centurion » Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:25 am

kb7rky wrote:Hey, cool! Someone from the inside of the new BG!

I'm not real clear on the whole concept of this new BG...is it taking place AFTER the 'original' BG (like the Star Trek spinoffs), or is it an entirely new look at the 'original', as it could have been?

And, since everyone else hasn't said so, welcome to our little corner of the universe.
Thanks for the welcome kb7rky...

To answer your question about the concept of the new BG, is rather simple. It's a remake that starts over from the very beginning with certain campy elements removed like the robot daggit muffit. :lol: Ronald D. Moore, the writer and producer of the new BG, went back to the heart of the original premise and gave it a facelift. This version of Galactica has characters who have flaws like you and I who rise to the call of duty when their worlds are attacked. It's a far more serious drama compared to its predecessor. The best way to describe it is Black Hawk Down meets Star Wars. When you see it, you will understand what I meant by that.
www.galactica2003.net

Gorgo
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

An Intriguing Concept, Sir...

Post by Gorgo » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:16 pm

Having been a fan of both the original BSG and Galactica 1980, I hoped that sooner or later, someone would try to revive the series. After taking the time to look over the new series' website, I have to admit that what you've got on tap looks very interesting.

I hope I can see such a series sometime soon, but living out here in Korea means that it'll be some time before I could ever hope to watch what you and your co-workers have come up with :cry: .

What plans, if any, are there for releasing the new BSG worldwide?

Cheers!

Fred
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. warship approaching it: This is a lighthouse; your call.

Cylon Centurion

Re: An Intriguing Concept, Sir...

Post by Cylon Centurion » Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:57 pm

Gorgo wrote:Having been a fan of both the original BSG and Galactica 1980, I hoped that sooner or later, someone would try to revive the series. After taking the time to look over the new series' website, I have to admit that what you've got on tap looks very interesting.

I hope I can see such a series sometime soon, but living out here in Korea means that it'll be some time before I could ever hope to watch what you and your co-workers have come up with :cry: .

What plans, if any, are there for releasing the new BSG worldwide?

Cheers!

Fred
There are plans for a worldwide release. Europe I know is slated to see in 1st Quarter of 2004. The DVD will be out around February/March 2004 so you can view that way as well.
www.galactica2003.net

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:23 pm

Cylon Centurion wrote:
kb7rky wrote:Hey, cool! Someone from the inside of the new BG!

Thanks for the welcome kb7rky...

To answer your question about the concept of the new BG, is rather simple. It's a remake that starts over from the very beginning with certain campy elements removed like the robot daggit muffit. :lol: Ronald D. Moore, the writer and producer of the new BG, went back to the heart of the original premise and gave it a facelift. This version of Galactica has characters who have flaws like you and I who rise to the call of duty when their worlds are attacked. It's a far more serious drama compared to its predecessor. The best way to describe it is Black Hawk Down meets Star Wars. When you see it, you will understand what I meant by that.
Please, call me Doug..."KB7RKY" is my amateur radio callsign.

Interesting analogy. I've seen "Blackhawk Down" (a pretty good movie, I might add), so this just makes me really want to see the new BG. I like the fact that Edward James Olmos is playing Cdr. Adama (seeing how it would be rather tough to get Lorne Greene to reprise the role :P ).

I never could get used to that damn robot dog (thank you for getting rid of it!!!). It'll be really interesting to see the new BG, and compare it to the classic (which I'm certain we're all going to do).

Thank you for the insight, CC. I'm sure you're going to have a tough audience here, wishing Number 6 had more screen time :wink:

And, the homepage:

Mythbusters Fan Club.com

Brytestar
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by Brytestar » Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:11 pm

Then what's going to replace the robot dog then?????

Cylon Centurion

Post by Cylon Centurion » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:27 pm

The daggit is not in the show at all in the remake. As Ron Moore said at Comic-Con I couldn't do that to a chimp."
www.galactica2003.net

Cylon Centurion

Post by Cylon Centurion » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:10 pm

Richard Gibbs, the composer of "Queen of the Damned" soundtrack and former member of Oingo Boingo has signed on as Composer for the new Battlestar Galactica mniseries. It will be interesting to see how he interprets Stu Phillips Battlestar Galactica composition.
www.galactica2003.net

Cylon Centurion

Post by Cylon Centurion » Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:45 pm

According to some of the diehards, this is the "Battlestar of the Damned". :lol:
www.galactica2003.net

Triumph

Post by Triumph » Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:39 am

Cylon Centurion wrote:According to some of the diehards, this is the "Battlestar of the Damned". :lol:
This sounds about right. TELL ME IT IS NOT TRUE!!! I understand that some people think that a clone is a gynoid. A chick emailed me and said that this Number 6 is actually ORGANIC. Is this true? Organic is not a fembot! So to kill the humans the cylons are making more? Okaaayyyy.
The Poop, the whole Poop, and nothing but the Poop!

Cylon Centurion

Post by Cylon Centurion » Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:05 am

Triumph wrote:
Cylon Centurion wrote:According to some of the diehards, this is the "Battlestar of the Damned". :lol:
This sounds about right. TELL ME IT IS NOT TRUE!!! I understand that some people think that a clone is a gynoid. A chick emailed me and said that this Number 6 is actually ORGANIC. Is this true? Organic is not a fembot! So to kill the humans the cylons are making more? Okaaayyyy.
Number Six actually made out synthetic materials that looks and feels human. However, there is a scene where her spine glows. Also there is a scene where Baltar tests a dead Cylon humanoid and discovers the synthetic traces.
www.galactica2003.net

Cylon Centurion

Post by Cylon Centurion » Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:52 am

This is the image of the new Cast poster that is in the press kit shipping this week. The characters pictured in it are Starbuck, Apollo, Boomer, President Roslin, Commander Adama, Baltar, and Number Six.
www.galactica2003.net

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:40 am

CC:

OOOOO! Nice poster!

On a sidenote:

Your sig is quoting Ron Moore...would you happen to be him, perchance?

And, the homepage:

Mythbusters Fan Club.com

Cylon Centurion

Post by Cylon Centurion » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:25 am

No... I am not Ron Moore. I am just a webmaster for one of the "Unofficial" Websites of the new miniseries. Just call me Ted.
www.galactica2003.net