Music for Fallout 4 - Radio K.I.M.

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
Robotman
Retired staff member
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Re: Music for Fallout 4 - Radio K.I.M.

Post by Robotman » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:58 am

These files only work with the PipPOD mod, which only works on PC as far as I know. But as with all versions of Radio K.I.M. so far, there will be an mp3 version released. So that means if you're playing on PS4 or Xbone, you can just listen to Radio K.I.M. on an mp3 player or a nearby laptop or stereo while you're playing. ;)

Extyr

Post by Extyr » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:33 pm

I'm not against doing an audio request, but I'd have to listen to the other parts to know what kind of language to use. Should I record each song request individually?

Robotman
Retired staff member

Post by Robotman » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:48 pm

You can listen to the "holotape requests" I recorded here and here to get a feel for what they would sound like. Most of the ones I recorded were just kind of joking around and not really requests, so if you want to make requests, it's up to you what to say. You can also swear if you want. Hell, you can make "fuck" every second word if you like. ;)

You can play it straight, and just say the name of the song and artist you want to hear. Or you can make up a story about how you just escaped a fight with raiders, and it reminded you of this one song... something like that. You can record separate requests, or do it all in one recording, but I'd prefer them to be separate.

And don't worry about the holotape sound effects, I'll add that.

Robotman
Retired staff member

Post by Robotman » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Just a question to those who requested songs... do you have any objections to me writing little jokes into Kim's script at your songs' expense? Kind of like this:
K.I.M.: “You are listening to Radio K.I.M. - broadcasting across The Commonwealth. Our next song is a tale of instinct versus rationality, and hope versus doubt. This song is from 1938, and is called “Says My Heart”. It was recorded by Ozzie Nelson and his orchestra. Ozzie Nelson is of course infamous for getting blackout drunk while wearing a dress and peeing on the side of The Alamo. He is also infamous for biting the head off a dove while meeting with record executives. He is also infamous for biting the head off a bat while on stage performing.”

[ ♪ song plays ♪ ]

“Radio K.I.M. would like to state a correction about the artist announced earlier. Ozzie Nelson did not pee on The Alamo, nor did he bite the heads off a dove and a bat. That was Ozzy Osbourne. Ozzie Nelson was a popular bandleader, actor, and director. Ozzy Osbourne was something else. Radio K.I.M. apologizes for this and regrets the error.”
If you don't want me to do that kind of thing with any songs you requested, let me know. I'm not going to do that for every song, but there are a couple... ;)

TheShoveller
Fembot Central Staff

Post by TheShoveller » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:26 am

I'm fine with that for any of mine. Have fun with it!

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:09 am

Ozzie Nelson will probably haunt you from beyond the grave! :lol:
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Robotman
Retired staff member

Post by Robotman » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:36 pm

Radio K.I.M. 7 is here! :party:

Thanks to everyone who submitted requests for this one, I managed to squeeze in every single song that got requested, along with the excellent performances of Kim Coquette and Belle Loxely for Open Panel Discussion 2. This was done by doubling-up some of the songs into 1 file, so even though there are 65 songs, there are 50 files, and this works perfectly with the PipPOD mod in Fallout 4.

Here is the track listing for Radio K.I.M. 7:
The XWM version for use in the game can be downloaded here:

:arrow: Radio K.I.M. 7 — XWM

The MP3 version for PS4 and Xbone users, and for anybody else who just wants to listen is available here:

:arrow: Radio K.I.M. 7 — MP3

I did make one slight alteration to one of the songs, by the way. You will notice when you hear it. If you don't like that change, send me an email and I'll send you a file containing something to "fix" it. ;)

Thanks again to our song requesters, to Belle Loxely, and especially to Kim Coquette for the excellent android DJ voice work and for requesting some songs of her own as well. :applause:

TheShoveller
Fembot Central Staff

Post by TheShoveller » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:32 pm

Thanks, can't wait to fire it up after an absence and listen to it!

Mangaman 2.0

Post by Mangaman 2.0 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:42 pm

Robotman wrote:Radio K.I.M. 7 is here! :party:

Thanks to everyone who submitted requests for this one, I managed to squeeze in every single song that got requested, along with the excellent performances of Kim Coquette and Belle Loxely for Open Panel Discussion 2. This was done by doubling-up some of the songs into 1 file, so even though there are 65 songs, there are 50 files, and this works perfectly with the PipPOD mod in Fallout 4.

Here is the track listing for Radio K.I.M. 7:
The XWM version for use in the game can be downloaded here:

:arrow: Radio K.I.M. 7 — XWM

The MP3 version for PS4 and Xbone users, and for anybody else who just wants to listen is available here:

:arrow: Radio K.I.M. 7 — MP3

I did make one slight alteration to one of the songs, by the way. You will notice when you hear it. If you don't like that change, send me an email and I'll send you a file containing something to "fix" it. ;)

Thanks again to our song requesters, to Belle Loxely, and especially to Kim Coquette for the excellent android DJ voice work and for requesting some songs of her own as well. :applause:
how do i get it on ps4. is it on the mod page on the console
this looks like a job for some SCIENCE!

KingJeremy

Post by KingJeremy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:43 pm

Fantastic results! Found myself laughing as Kim dropped some knowledge about the songs. I knew most of the tidbits about the ones I submitted but I definitely learned some new stuff about some of the other artists/songs. Well done! Love the format.

Robotman
Retired staff member

Post by Robotman » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:16 pm

Mangaman 2.0 wrote:how do i get it on ps4. is it on the mod page on the console
Unfortunately, these songs are added to the game with the PipPOD mod, and that's only available for PC. I don't know of any mods on bethesda.net that let you add music to the game, so if you play on PS4 or Xbox One, you will have to listen to the MP3 version on an mp3 player or a laptop while you play.
KingJeremy wrote:Fantastic results! Found myself laughing as Kim dropped some knowledge about the songs. I knew most of the tidbits about the ones I submitted but I definitely learned some new stuff about some of the other artists/songs. Well done! Love the format.
K.I.M. has quite an extensive database programmed into her. ;)

Robotman
Retired staff member

Post by Robotman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:45 am

It's time to make another Radio K.I.M. set, but this one will be a little different. The concept for Radio K.I.M. 8 (or Radio K.I.M. ∞) will be to have Kim record 25 non-specific song introductions, and then have each user add 25 songs of their own choosing. That will make a total of 50 files to work with the PipPOD mod.

Explained another way, Kim's android radio DJ voice files will be odd numbered files from 1 to 49. They won't specifically introduce your songs by name because they could be any songs you want. Your song selections will have to be even numbered files from 2 to 50.

When they're all collected together in the same folder, they will play like this: Kim's intro, Song, Kim's intro, Song, Kim's intro, Song, etc, etc.

And when you want to hear a different set of 25 songs, just swap out the even numbered files for different ones.

This will be made available in WAV file format (for ease of use), in XWM format (for file size considerations) and in MP3 format. Both WAV and XWM will work with PipPOD.

So since Kim won't have specific songs or artists to talk about, we thought it would be fun to have K.I.M. answer some "listener-submitted questions". If there's anything you ever wanted to ask the android radio DJ K.I.M., now's your chance! Ask your questions in this thread, or send them to me in a private message. Better yet, record a voice clip of your question and email it to me, and I'll include it in K.I.M.'s intro.

Robotman
Retired staff member

Post by Robotman » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:05 pm

The mailbox outside Cabot House is now closed, as I've got all the 25 song intros written. Thanks Kishin for 3 of the questions!

Robotman
Retired staff member

Post by Robotman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:33 pm

Radio K.I.M. 8 is out!

Also known as Radio K.I.M. ∞, Radio K.I.M. Do It Yourself, or Radio K.I.M. Roll Your Own. :P

This comes in 3 flavours:

:arrow: Radio K.I.M. 8 XWM

:arrow: Radio K.I.M. 8 WAV

:arrow: Radio K.I.M. 8 MP3

The XWM and WAV versions are for use with the PipPOD mod. Choose the XWM files and then add 25 songs of your own after converting them to XWM using Skyrim Audio Converter*. Or choose the WAV files and then add 25 songs of your own after converting them to WAV** using an audio converter like WinFF or Audacity. You must name your files even numbers 2 through 50.

The MP3 version is for those who play on PS4 or Xbone. Add 25 MP3 songs of your own and rename your files even numbers 2 through 50.

Many thanks go out once more to our outstanding android radio DJ Kim Coquette! Thanks also to Kishin for submitting the final 3 questions for Kim. ;)

*Skyrim Audio Converter is buggy, and will convert multiple songs at the lowest bitrate it can if you do more than one song at once. To get the best quality sound, do one song at a time, closing and opening Skyrim Audio Converter every time.

**WAV files must be "CD quality": 16-bit, 44100 Hz, Stereo.

Robotman
Retired staff member

Post by Robotman » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:27 am

And Radio K.I.M. 9 is here! :party:

Kim Coquette has once again delivered an amazing performance as our favourite female android DJ, and she introduces 50 songs about fembots for this latest 4½ hour installment.

The XWM version for use with the PipPOD mod can be downloaded here:

:arrow: Radio K.I.M. 9 XWM

PS4 and Xbone users (and those who just want to listen) can download the MP3 version here:

:arrow: Radio K.I.M. 9 MP3

Thanks again to Kim for this. ;)

Enjoy!

Robotman
Retired staff member

Post by Robotman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:54 pm

And here's Radio K.I.M. 10! :party:

This one starts off with the radio drama Rocket Robots in Outer Space that I created with Kim Coquette and Belle Loxely, and then continues with 50 Swing and Jazz songs from the '30s, '40s and '50s.

This adds another 4½ hours of listening content to the game, so download it now if you have the PipPOD mod:

:arrow: Radio K.I.M. 10 XWM

And if you play on PS4 or Xbox, or just want to listen, download the MP3 version:

:arrow: Radio K.I.M. 10 MP3

Many thanks to Kim for delivering another perfect performance as the android DJ! :faceoff: