The core nature of your interest...?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
spider_silk_skin
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

The core nature of your interest...?

Post by spider_silk_skin » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:40 pm

I know there is a lot of variety within this fetish. Some people machines that are simply human-shaped, others prefer the robotic nature to be hidden beneath an exterior that is indistinguishable from an actual person. There is transformation versus built. Then there are the mental aspects. Is the robot a free-thinking machine, or does it simply emulate a person? Does it have robotic behavior or voice? Is that on purpose because it betrays it's nature, or just a result of it's design in being an artificial person? Does the machine have special features? Vibrating fingers for instance?

But my question, or rather, proposed topic of discussion isn't about the specific behaviors or visual aspects of the fetish that we have interest in, but a more interesting underlying question. Are you attracted to *actual* fembots or the *idea* of a fembot. What I mean is, there are aspects of the fetish that are certainly fantastical. Transformation for instance. Sure, something like that might be possible in 100 years, but for the foreseeable future, this is purely in the realm of "fantasy" as it applies to today. If the big draw to the fetish for you is taking a real woman and making her become a machine, then the closest you can get to that would be to find a partner that enjoys role play. If the idea of a built machine is what draws your interest then that is possible, even today. For a few thousand dollars, anyone can have a fairly simplistic "fembot." Obviously there are limits based on technology, but it is a thing that *could* happen.

I guess I'll use my interests as an example to get the conversation going. I enjoy a lot of "real" elements to the fetish as well as "fantasy" elements. I like almost exclusively intelligent robots. Even if the robot is intended to be obedient and programmable, that robot simply accepts that it is supposed to be an obedient and programmable and enjoys having someone else calling the shots. The idea of a robot that has no real intelligence behind it is just a sophisticated sex toy and I don't have much interest in that. Now the idea of an intelligent robot being *used* as nothing but a sex toy (ie, humiliation) is interesting. I like built robots, because the idea is that this robot was always a machine, and was built specifically to do a task is a cool idea. But I also like the idea of transformation. The idea that a woman can be improved or upgraded into her "best self" (which of course would be a machine). I like behaviors: robot speech and movement. I also like robots that can do other things, almost cartoon things: opening panels, extending limbs, hacking into other computers, being super strong and durable, all of that stuff.

So there are some things I like about the fetish that are "real" and quite a bit that is "fantasy." But as I said before, a "real" robot is not an intelligent, feeling being. The kind of robot I am really attracted to doesn't actually exist and likely never would in my life time. It is a complete fantasy in that sense. The idea of what a "real" fembot is, at this point in time, is in no way interesting to me. I see these uncanny-valley Japanese fembots and it might be "eh, that's cute" but then I move on. I would much rather see a real woman pretending to be a robot then a robot pretending to be a woman.

And that's when it sort of hit me. I like the *idea* of the fetish, but not the actualization of the fetish. I like a woman *acting* like a robot, but an actual robot, even a woman shaped one, is a very little interest to me. And I think maybe the idea is that I am, again, attracted to the idea of an intelligent machine almost exclusively. The only intelligent machines that exist are...well...humans. As an example, take some of these actresses that make ASFR content. In one video they might be playing a malfunctioning robot maid. In another video, they might be normal person who is suddenly transformed into a machine. Both are exciting ideas, but what is the common denominator? The woman who is willing to be a robot maid when it's time to be a robot maid, and who is willing to be transformed into a machine when it's time to be transformed into a machine.

So my question to you all, is, what is the fundamental stance that you take on this fetish? Is a woman acting like a robot simply an approximation of your true interest, or is that in itself your true interest? Is it the robot "idea" or "aesthetic" that you desire, or the actual robot itself? Do you actually want a robot (of whatever type suits you) to exist, or would you be more interested with a human partner that would explore these ideas with you? If it is the machine itself that interests you and not the trappings, are you more interested in "real" robots or "fantasy" robots? If you are interested in a "fantasy" robot, what is it like to desire something that doesn't exist, or likely won't? (And this question could be asked for a variety of fetishes like people that are into furries or elves or the blue aliens from Avatar) Are ASFR materials enough to scratch the itch? This is kind of the core discussion/question I have. Because if the machine is really the desire, and not the *idea* of the machine, then isn't most ASFR content...not enough?

I think for me, the truth is, that deep down, even if the types or robots I fantasize about *could* or *did* exist, ultimately I would not be interested. A woman role playing as a robot I think satisfies the vast majority of my interest in the fetish.

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Re: The core nature of your interest...?

Post by Stephaniebot » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:50 pm

I think the human to robot transformation will be sooner than that, pretty sure it will be around by 2050, if not slightly before then. No use to me, as I'd be 92 by then, even if I was still alive, which given my health issues, seems unlikely. I have role-played as a robot more than a few times, but yeah, that nasty thing called free will gets in the way of making it perfect! :lol:

But yes, I'm pretty sure that by 2030, built fembots will be way, way ahead of anything we have now, or probably could even imagine. Even then I'll be 72, so don't bank on me being around to be called out on that one either! :P
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Froggy99

Post by Froggy99 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:08 pm

Sounds like I'm about the opposite of you...for me it IS the machine wrapped up in a mostly undetectable shell (at least physically) and yeah, it will probably never be more than a fantasy. I think the human form is beautiful and I enjoy my technology looking like that too, but mentally (computationally?) I wouldn't want it to be too advanced to the point it started feeling like a kind of slavery...that's not me. I'm not sure I'd want it to be a whole lot more capable than Siri or Cortana is now (but I would want it to understand the simple words I say!) So while at first glance my "ideal" may appear human, it wouldn't be hard to tell that in fact it was actually just a beautiful machine.

If I were to find myself in some far flung future where robots had become advanced enough to really be indistinguishable from humans unless they just let you know, I don't think it would be different than it is for me today. I'd certainly find the "trait" of being mechanical to be attractive, but there are plenty of traits I find attractive in humans too. I don't think it would be my #1 concern.

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:51 pm

I like all type of robots.
Even cyborgs count for me,
I see in robot technology a potential new creative tool for the man of the future.
A form of art~ Sculpture 2.0

I think robotics will be a key element for the survival of our species and the incorporation of new materials into nature's physical information systems, the means for a homo deus independently of how dread or grand the transition is.
I am just human and I cant help visualize my type of humans as those things, and I can't help see my things as more perfect if they sport parts that resemble the parts I like in my type of humans.
If you think that sentence was frivolous, wait till ethics and politics need to do something about it~
Artificial intelligence one day will be a racial slur.

But I have a lesbian friend who thinks it is just logical that males eventually became extinct in nature so maybe I am just justifying my damaged psyche.
Regards.

dieur

Post by dieur » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:23 am

I've given this question an immense amount of thought, and I still don't think I have a complete answer.

I remember the Fembot Central before this one... no, it was two before. Maybe three? It was just a gallery separated by author. HREF. Spider? Spyder? RX.. others. There were a lot of pictures from there that never made it to the new gallery (and pictures in the new gallery that never made it to the latest one, either!).

Anyway, what I recall most were the stories. There were some at the old gallery, but most the stories were archived at ASFR. They would always start exciting and end with me feeling bad about myself. And I wondered, what would a "good" story be? What was it about the fetish that actually attracted me?

I still don't have a good answer. Near as I can tell, it's a mismash of multiple pieces.
  • *While I'm relatively socially well-adapted today, for the longest time I didn't date. I was attracted to women, but never put the time into it really. I ended up putting sexually attractive women on a pedestal (as opposed to the people I dealt with day to day, who were just normal people). A fembot, a sexually attractive woman, being made victim of her own sexuality - like in BA's story where the hacker overloads the lawyer lady with horniness over the wireless network - probably fulfills some subtle desire to turn the tables. I'm repulsed, though, when the robot is destroyed in that story. The goal was to bring an angel to my level, not kill it. Obviously, for this fragment, naturally I don't want this in real life. Even at my most unsocial I never considered attractive women not to be people, and actually claiming power over a woman is the essence of rape. Leave it to stories, with ethical gray areas.

*Another deeply internalized need is the need to be vulnerable. Publicly I take care of my own affairs and try to be as strong as a man can be. For the longest time, this would include not expressing any sexual attraction either. A man must be self sufficient. A man cannot NEED. Of course, this is hogwash, and privately I loved to imagine myself in private as all kinds of creatures with all kinds of vulnerabilities. Catgirl with erogenous tail, that works! Sorceress who plays a cool game but with big sensitive breasts she can't fully hide? Works for me. And a robot with an exposed control panel? What could be more vulnerable than that.

The problem with vulnerability, though, is that you're vulnerable. It's only fun when someone doesn't abuse it - bad things happen when you combine that with evil behavior. Thus, thus too has no place in reality. When I read a story where the fembot is taken over, deprogrammed, made into a thing, this pushes away the hidden part of me that enjoys the idea of vulnerability and the protector comes out, much more interested in obliterating the evil. Obviously, this too can't exist in reality. Evil exists; vulnerability can't be afforded.

** Side note: Vulnerability is important in a real relationship. Figuring out how to let just a few drops of that out at the right time was and remains an ongoing challenge.
    *Third, and maybe finally(?), I've always had a thing for robots. At the age of 10 I wrote a story about a robot horse named Obsidian who escaped from the laboratory he was created in. No recollection where that story was going. Among the Choose your own adventure books, I always wanted someone to write one with the theme You Are A Robot (instead of an Animal, which actually was a book). Where the heck did that come from? Beats all heck out of me. Can't say I'd want to reincarnate as a robot horse. Robot girl maybe; let me look at the society first.
So anyway, there's a soul dump from me. Probably more than you wanted to read. I don't fully understand why I like the fetish. Whatever it is, I find very few videos actually do it for me, since I seem to like the vulnerability of _being_ a sexy robot, rather than the "Look, I'm a human! JUST KIDDING I AM A MINDLESS ROBOT" kind of approach most the studios go for.

jolshefsky

Post by jolshefsky » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:31 pm

I'm squarely in the "fantasy" camp. I know enough about computers and electronics (not to mention the nuanced complexity of the human mind) that I think an actual robot woman would be more breakable, limited, prone to (unsexy) failure, and super boring to talk to than what I would like. Imagining finding hidden seam lines is sexy; seeing the actual molding errors on sex dolls is not (transposing those same molding errors onto a fantastical sentient robot woman, though, is again appealing.) The messy reality of a sex robot makes the whole idea not desirable. Sure I'd like to swing by a showroom and maybe touch a plastic talking woman, but the minutia of day-to-day maintenance ... no thanks.
May your deeds return to you tenfold,

--- Jason Olshefsky

Saya
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by Saya » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:55 pm

For me, it's more the idea of a fembot, or rather, my ideal fembot. As anyone who has read my stories can attest, I'm into more "realistic" androids/gynoids what have you than most other people. Realistic not in terms of looks, but in personality, thought processes, etc. And while that's not only my fetish, but a rather fascinating and dare I say it, time-consuming thought experiment for me to attempt to realize such a being's thought processes, I ultimately don't see it as anything more than a fantasy. Such technology is likely far, far beyond the curve at the moment, and while it advances at an astonishing rate every year, unless there's a major breakthrough in computer technology or neurology that allows us to understand what creates and makes a personality from a raw, computational/neurological sense, then I don't see it happening in my lifetime. I have often told people that I place fembots of the sort that are in my stories in the same category as elves, fae folk, vampires and other clearly fictional races and creatures.

Plus which, as people who read my stories would also likely agree with, I'm into some pretty kinky stuff. Putting it simply, the stuff I am into when it comes to fembots are things that I'd never want to see done to a real, thinking, living being. Organic or no, if it had a 1:1 reaction to it on the level of a human, I'd be pretty turned off by it in regards to what I like, and even if it didn't, I'd feel terribly uncomfortable with that regardless. The appeal of the fantasy for me is the fictional, temporary aspect to it, which allows me to sort of put my moral concerns aside, because I know it isn't real and exists only in the self-contained universe of the fantasy for me.

Seeing as I have Autism spectrum, I have often wondered if perhaps this fantasy was in some way made to deal with my discomfort around people, but I really don't think that's the case. A form of escapism to be sure, but isn't that what any fantasy is? I'm quite capable of separating my attraction to someone as a person and my attraction to a character as a fembot, and while I can certainly visualize a certain human I find attractive as such, I don't really put a link between them beyond their physical appearances and the like. I think, honestly, that it is some sort of deep attraction to the notion of a woman (or, indeed, a humanoid--my interests range from realistic fembots to outright metal-plated humanoid robots of indeterminate gender) who on the inside is full of wires, servos, metal parts and the like, who can be shut down, reprogrammed, or what have you in ways that clearly show its nature as an artificial being, even if that nature was by surface evaluation obvious. The mixture of realistic behavior, personality and motivations combined with something so very artificial is my biggest turn-on. There are certainly aspects of the female and male body that I find attractive and in ideal proportions, but the biggest point of arousal for me is that exposure of the artificial nature of such a machine.

To summarize one of my usual megahuge posts: Yes, I think of a fembot as a fantasy with no connection to the real world in any way, even if it is based off of a concept that has roots in the real world.
"If the time should ever come when what is now called science, thus familiarized to men, shall be ready to put on, as it were, a form of flesh and blood, the Poet will lend his divine spirit to aid the transfiguration, and will welcome the Being thus produced, as a dear and genuine inmate of the household of man."
- William Wordsworth

FaceoffFembot

Post by FaceoffFembot » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:00 pm

This thread is a read and a half.

I myself see my take on the fembot fetish as a sort of cranked-up BDSM (humiliation, damage) made more extreme (no consent, no limits) but also much more safe (non-sentient partners, no messy fluids). That's why I'm not a fan of sapient artificial intelligences. In real-life, that's an interesting and very ethically engaging concept, but if the robot you're dismantling can be considered a person or even a sensitive being, it takes a very dark and un-sexy turn. I picture my fembots essentially as Chinese rooms, their actions simply the output of an input ran through a list of pre-determined actions - not an ounce of soul or personality in these plastic heads (although the conclusion Chinese room argument are questionable in an existential nihilist worldview). The fun part to me is when the fembot, pretending to be human or much more advanced than she really is, is exposed in all its/her mechanical cheapness and pays for its/her pretentiousness (the bigger the pretense the better). In that way, I also think it's kind of a catharsis of misogyny, but canalized and made "safe".

I also think the robot aspect is an integral part of it, in part for the reasons cited above, but also for others. I don't think I'd get my kicks out of other artificial beings - golems, enchanted sex dolls, whatever. It's probably because I was exposed to robotic women early on - Terminator 3 and Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me in my youth, the Bionic Woman's and Surrogates's faceoffs during early adolescence, and also because fembots would be an industrial, mass-produced good, as opposed as one-offs and unique creatures, and thus even less persons and even more pretentious. I also enjoy all the classic robot tropes - open panels, faceoffs, glitches, jerky motions...

As for as the actualization of the fetish, I'm ambivalent. When I say I'm into robots, I do mean unfeeling woman-shaped mechanism whose behavior is just the result of cold computations, so I'd say it could come to be. However, my kink comes from damaging what will probably be expensive property (I don't think I'll ever own a fembot of my own - besides, that'd be an awkward present when guests'll come to your place), and I don't think any public figure out there is really a robot out there - and even then I'll probably get my teeth kicked in before having a chance at exposing them.

dieur

Post by dieur » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:38 am

FaceoffFembot wrote: That's why I'm not a fan of sapient artificial intelligences.
I'd intuited that from other posts you'd made in the past, and yet I find many of your manipulations inspire some great head-canon!
http://www.fembotwiki.com/images/d/d0/F ... om_127.jpg being one of my recent favorites. To you, the author, a mindless automation revealed. To me, an intelligent mechanical woman checking up on her systems and settings in a private moment.

For some reason, I picture an image in Battery's style here, two people shaking hands in compromise. Unfortunately it's been a long time since I last sketched, and my skills have atrophied.

Windblade

Post by Windblade » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:30 am

As for me, I think it all started because of my social phobia; back in the past it was so strong that I was really afraid to enter a room in the university and ask a teacher to sign some paper (no, I'm not joking), I could have waited for a few hours...just standing near the door and not entering (no, I'm not joking). It was a lot easier for me to connect with machines than with humans. I think I can say that my first real friend was my first PC :) It was an IBM PC XT clone.

I was always interested in robots and cyborgs; one of my all-time favourite franchises is Transformers. Female Transformers with really feminine design (Arcee, Elita-1 and her squad (Chromia, Moonracer, Firestar / Flareup...), Blackarachnia, etc.) always fascinated me, and I had some, well, fantasies about them :D As for cyborgs, I became really interested in them because of Quake 2 and 4; Quake 4 also sparked my interest in transformations of humans into cyborgs or robots.

So... My social phobia plus love for machines and fantasies about them equals... :)

(sorry, English is not my native language)

Condor621

Post by Condor621 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:27 pm

Wow, this is an interesting thing... especially since I have no idea how or why I got "into" this thing we all love. I'm happily married, I have two kids, I've always been able to hook up or have a girlfriend since I was 16 or so. Hell, my wife and I have been together for 21 years, and we're still, um, quite active (Sorry, TMI... lol) But I've always had a thing for the idea and concept of the artificial woman, probably got imprinted at a young age in the 70's and 80's (SO much sci fi back then, WW, Cherry, etc) and the idea just... does something for me.

If you've seen any of the video content I've made, you get a glimpse of what I like. A "realistic" version of a robot woman that can function at a higher level, has a unique personality from experience and data processing, and fully artificial - I find the concept of "Transformation" or "uploading" to be off putting, but to each their own. I like the idea of the android/robot as a helpful, intelligent and unique construct, but still VERY much a manufactured thing... I think AI will reach a point where it can develop simulated emotions, and thats a staple of the women in my stories. Many want to be seen as more human, some are proud of their nature, but all develop beyond what they start as.

Now, don't get me wrong, I still LOVE real women, but the idea of the constructed, programmed, artificial variant just gets me going. Lets put it this way, in my current story line, the "Nikita" series, her appearance is based on a real woman, an IG model named... Nikita... lol. Now, she is hot AF in my opinion, but throw in some errors and an access panel, and BAM she is... perfect. To me. LOL. Why? If you have that answer, I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter, but it just is what it is... I find the idea of a beautiful, intelligent robot woman that needs help, needs to be repaired, and helping her with those repairs to be like catnip for me. I don't like destroying my girls in the stories... they may malfunction, or be damaged, but ultimately they will be fixed up. Maybe thats some weird "Chivalry" complex... mixed with late 1970s Sci FI that my 9 year old brain latched onto.

My former Fiancé I was with, damn near 30 years ago.. thought we would be together forever... well, when I let her in a bit with this, she kinda bugged out. Things changed, and 6 months later, we split up after almost 4 years together. I learned my lesson, this is my little weird secret that doesn't hurt anyone, but will remain with me. I doubt my wife of 2 decades would bail on me, but I know most people find our interest in this to be, well, weird, so this is my outlet. But making these vids, making the kind of content I've always longed for Hollywood or whoever to make, I enjoy the hell out of it, so this will be my creative method to stay in my lane, so to speak.

Anyway, if you want to know what I like, watch a couple of my videos. As to WHY? Because the Human Brain is a strange and interesting thing, I guess.

BebesIsPerfect

Post by BebesIsPerfect » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:59 am

I see the appeal strictly in the realm of fantasy.
An attractive woman who demonstrates unshakable confidence, power, and inspires respect. An almost hypnotic aura about them for me. Hypnotism is a sort of subdivision of the appeal of fembots to me; hypnotized to obey, to be a pet, a plaything, a servant, a robot. The giving over of control to another, one of superior standing, is so hot. The sleepy speech while hypnotized sounds so similar to a robotic monotone: So controlled, so calm, so intimate. But to have control of this robotic woman with an ideal female form, as a slave, this is where I get uneasy. It is still a woman; women deserve respect, I must respect and please my woman. And to have an Ultimate Woman (Robot or otherwise), I absolutely must respect and please my woman. The fantasy bounces back and forth between my desire for pleasure and my desire to give pleasure. A fembot that states "I am a robot, I am perfect, I must obey" is attractive enough. But a fembot that states "I am a robot, I am perfect, you will obey" is equally attractive, and it would be hard to resist, if at all.

If this was reality-based, the situation would be a hard "No".
For one thing, for a robot programmed to be a submissive woman, that's all that it is to me: A robot, a thing. It is not a person, it is a complex, glorified toaster oven (and a poor one at that, since it's not programmed to make toast). You wouldn't be attracted to or have sexual relations with a toaster oven would you? It may be given a face in an attempt to humanize it, but that makes it the equivalent of a teddy bear. You may form a closer bond to the teddy bear than a toaster oven, but the same argument applies. The programmed personality? Nope... Siri and Alexa are similarly programmed, but they don't really care about your day and how you are, and they would be the last ones to genuinely endeavor to make a bad mood better. It's a façade, a lie, fake. Even if your fembot was programmed with a bubbly personality, a brooding personality, or whatever, it can't change without an extensive re-programming. Not because of guilt or a desire to change or a chemical imbalance, etc., but because somebody flipped a virtual switch. That may be easier, but it's not human. Additionally, a sophisticated enough "submissive" program in a robot woman can be argued by some civil rights groups as equating to slavery (it's not by the way; Again, it's a very complex toaster oven). Conversely, a "dominant" program could influence the fembot to make its User a true slave (which is not how I choose to live my life. Self-preservation would compel me to rebel against such an uneven relationship with an appliance). Plus, if we have these perfect robot women for pleasure, why would we need the real thing? The act of love being used to create life becomes more of a chore and duty, rather than being considered natural and beautiful.

Long story short, the fantasy/role-playing of a perfectly designed, powerful woman is very attractive to me. The reality of a sophisticated AI programmed to be a perfect, ideal woman dehumanizes and devalues actual humans, which, in my opinion is not only dangerous, but just wrong.
Last edited by BebesIsPerfect on Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
:hypnotized: I, for one, welcome the perfect, mechanical Bebe robots as Queens of the World. :hypnotized:

tdlsn

Post by tdlsn » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:32 pm

This fetish is dead.

Uncom

Post by Uncom » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:46 am

lol, lmao even

D.Olivaw

Post by D.Olivaw » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:20 am

tdlsn wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:32 pm This fetish is dead.
The forum has gotten quiet, but that's mostly because activity has moved to the Fembot Labs Discord server, which is more active on a quiet day than the forum was at its busiest.
"Men, said the Devil,
are good to their brothers:
they don’t want to mend
their own ways, but each other's"
-Piet Hein

dubhdanaidh

Post by dubhdanaidh » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:24 am

Agreed. There are three discords that directly speak to this fetish that I’m part of and they’re far more active than here.

I also think we are also approaching a point in time where our fetish is becoming less cerebral and this raises key questions about it. I love Fectionesque malfunctions, but would I love it if it actually happened to my fembot. Probably not. The same is true if I want a fembot who acts human.

tdlsn

Post by tdlsn » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:30 pm

Well, I expected to be flamed with responses like,"stop whining,why don't you contribute" and the like. I of-course wish for more and better on topic material, but unlike the above post I believe things here have become more cerebral by trying to include all and even being pc. I wasn't aware of the activity on Discord and am not that motivated to create an account to join based on the lack of activity here. Love that this site and FembotWiki exists and hope things pick up eventually.

dubhdanaidh

Post by dubhdanaidh » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:02 pm

I get it. Too many accounts can be annoying.

As for diversity, I think it is a fool's game to try to make everyone happy, especially since being PC means different things to different people. That being said, I imagine I annoy plenty of people with my customs and stories. I don't focus on those people. I focus on the people who like it.

BebesIsPerfect

Post by BebesIsPerfect » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:21 am

tdlsn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:30 pm Well, I expected to be flamed with responses like,"stop whining,why don't you contribute" and the like.
No, from the perspective of this forum activity, you're right, things have been quiet. Your post wasn't unreasonable. Maybe a little hyperbolic, maybe, but certainly not unreasonable. I kinda thought you were spurred on as a response to my post. I tend to babble.
dubhdanaidh wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:24 am I also think we are also approaching a point in time where our fetish is becoming less cerebral...
tdlsn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:30 pm I believe things here have become more cerebral by trying to include all and even being pc
I'm curious if you guys could expand a bit more on it becoming more or less cerebral. This could be interesting, since what one considers "cerebral" may be subjective. Personally, I think if you see someone or something that you are just automatically attracted to it, based purely on a knee-jerk reaction, that is not cerebral. However, the moment you stop and think, try to justify it, or explain it, or analyze why you find it attractive, even just for a few seconds, that's cerebral. In that respect, I think this particular Discussion Topic is very cerebral, as is the "This fetish origins..." topic down the road. The two may likely go hand-in-hand. Of course, the reasons for it being cerebral vary greatly, which is why we're here.
dubhdanaidh wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:24 am There are three discords that directly speak to this fetish that I’m part of and they’re far more active than here.
If you don't mind me asking, where are these servers? You can PM me if this is too far off-topic.
:hypnotized: I, for one, welcome the perfect, mechanical Bebe robots as Queens of the World. :hypnotized:

tdlsn

Post by tdlsn » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:30 am

what one considers "cerebral" may be subjective.
Agreed. In another thread here a poster was told to "grow up" after saying they'd rather avoid material provided by feminist authors. :-S

dubhdanaidh

Post by dubhdanaidh » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:05 am

With regard to my comment I was referencing the fact that sex dolls are becoming more and more realistic. In theory real sexbots may exist in my lifetime, but I can honestly say we're not close enough for me to consider saving to buy one.

Post by 7273 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:34 pm

dubhdanaidh wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:24 am Agreed. There are three discords that directly speak to this fetish that I’m part of and they’re far more active than here.

I also think we are also approaching a point in time where our fetish is becoming less cerebral and this raises key questions about it. I love Fectionesque malfunctions, but would I love it if it actually happened to my fembot. Probably not. The same is true if I want a fembot who acts human.
I love Fection-style fembot too, but if they appear in real life, I also don't want them to break down so easily. It is a plus for them to have the ability/mode to act human so that they can have the ability to self-care, but not a must.

It is already a pleasure for me to watch Candy walking and jerking around. She could and should have a lot of programming issues, but I hope she has the ability to somehow sort it out by herself or with a little help from others. In the worst case, the fuse could pop up soon enough to prevent actual and further damage.

I think one of the attractions of Fection's universe is, although those fembots are so inhuman, somehow the world and the people quite accept them as a fembot, even have parts of human right, such as in the story of Sour Candy, Candy's memory was reprogrammed, but even the court is believed that she was telling the truth. And no one really wanted to hurt Candy too (Imagine if she is walking on the street in the real world, she would be spot on easily and some people may try to break her very soon), She is mostly broken because of herself. (Sorry for my poor English)

dubhdanaidh

Post by dubhdanaidh » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:31 pm

That’s what I love too. So obviously fake and yet accepted by people. It is also why I like Body’s manips.

D-wolfmaster_2022

Post by D-wolfmaster_2022 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:27 am

tdlsn wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:32 pm This fetish is dead.
You shut yo' mouth! :angry:
This fetish ain't dead so long as I live!

D-wolfmaster_2022

Post by D-wolfmaster_2022 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:42 pm

In my case, I like the idea of creating a person from scratch. As an artist, the process of making something is exhilarating. While I'm not a machinist by any means, mechanical devices are amazing; especially ones that mimic living creatures in some way. Imagine being able to create a person who just so happens to be a machine? I like seeing how a conscious, sapient being would real with the kinds of problems that a machine (such as a car or computer) might have. What would your thought process be like if your brain had a computer virus, just to name one example?

Another aspect of robot characters that I like is the inherent modularity of their bodies. I enjoy seeing a robot get built, dismantled, rebuilt, modified, repaired, upgraded, downgraded and turned into something entirely different from what they once were. Seeing their reaction to this, either during the process or after the fact, can be funny, heartbreaking or even terrifying when written well. Just imagine if human bodies worked like this? If your heart stops pumping, you can just get a new heart! If you swap your parts with someone else, how much of your body can be switched before you stop being you? Personally, I say you remain you so long as your CPU contains the memories you've collected over your life, you're still the same guy/gal/whatever.

Mega Man was my main point of entry into the world of robot fiction and it remains my favourite example of robot media, as well as a big inspiration for my robot art. I like to see a robot's programming play a part in forming their personality. Astro Boy, Star Wars and the Blue Sky film Robots among other media added more fuel to my robophiliac fire. My imagination goes into some wild and rather adult territory when thinking of robotic people. It's a bummer that we're unable to actually create a sapient humanoid robot at our current technological level.

As for whether I would be attracted to an actual robot in real life? I don't know, can her butt jiggle?