Building a Fembot

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
RobotMaker
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Building a Fembot

Post by RobotMaker » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:34 pm

Cracked.com has an article on impractical fetishes, and technosexuality made the list. Im an engineer, and this bugs the crap out of me. Its like a challenge, they're saying it can't be done. Challenges like this obsess me. It'd be really rewarding to cross some sort of threshold, and create a fembot that's capable of a relationship.

I love everything that RealDoll is doing, and I am really intruiged by creating a bot that's capable of some degree of independence beyond being a doll. Also, Id enjoy creating an aesthetic that embraces a robot nature instead of aiming for human looks. It would be incredible making a bot capable of simple conversation, some movement, dating and relationships, and continuing to maintain, repair and upgrade her even as she finds a boyfriend and has her own life.

Has anyone here tried making a fembot? If one was made, could you see yourself dating a hard fembot? What would be must have qualities in a fembot girlfriend? I know many here are strictly into stories, roleplay and transformation, so I appreciate if this isn't everyones cup of tea.

About me, I'm crazy new here, I'm an engineer who recently completed a research science residency at a top university. I've created simple bots in the past, wearable electronics and biochem projects as well. In terms of this community, Im fascinated by creating a fembot, so I see my role closer to hopeful future father of a fembot instead of boyfriend. Ask me anything! Thanks for reading and I look forward to responses, in comments here or PM.
I'm designing a fembot with the goal of making her and finding her a human boyfriend. Email me if you'd like: madscientist348807@gmail.com

Svengli

Re: Building a Fembot

Post by Svengli » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:36 pm

I think the most practical plan is:

1) Build a strong AI computer
2) Use this computer to crack the problem of creating proteins of any chosen physical characteristics.
3) Use DNA to code and build a larger computer and nanotechnological assembler
4) Finally use this assembler to build a fembot of you chosen characteristics.

Nick Bostrom given a scenario like this in his book Superintelligence, so I'm not giving away any secrets. GPUs are still following Moore's law and algorithms are making progress, so the chances for strong AI have never looked so good. Of course, the same Nick Bostrom mentions any intelligence would want to strictly control access to this superintelligence. Still we might be able to roll our own while no one is looking.

Edit: It seems like the "ordinary" level of progress is going to be incredibly slow. Walking is an incredibly hard problem but even combining walking, grasping things and responding to cues together and you have a problem that is nearly "AI complete". Just much, designing "artificial muscles" could probably be done with chemistry but it take a huge number of manual research steps. A machine smart enough to understand biology from the start could do things differently.

RobotMaker

Post by RobotMaker » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:15 pm

A completely bioengineered bot would be incredible, and I think we will get there in a few decades. Bipedal walking is a huge problem, as the DARPA robot challenge showed. I'm hoping the teams eventually share their code on how they accomplished it, I think we would benefit from an open source approach.

As far as bio, it would be cool having a bot that could eat food and then use internal bacterial stacks to produce body heat, and possibly have bioengineered skin. We already make veggie leather so I don't think it's entirely far-fetched. Thanks for the response!
I'm designing a fembot with the goal of making her and finding her a human boyfriend. Email me if you'd like: madscientist348807@gmail.com

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:46 pm

Hi RM.

I have no engineering knowledge for building a robot.

But I too enjoy thinking in their way of working and the wonders of SCIENCE

(and a pervert that draw stuff)

To my knowledge bioengineering is just a bunch of modified bacteria’s that make protein products that can't suffer intricate post traductional modification at this point.

I know of the green dogs and the rebuild noses and ears, but that's simple tissue...

And tissue creation needs cancer cells that haven't been properly tamed yet and the use of a lot of nutrient soups...

And we don't even understand our own human processes fully yet...

the SexyBiomachine you and I wish so much is probably even 100 years away from us in it's most primitive form!; probably in the shape of some stupid biomecha dog, bunny or
zebra fish.

(I hate the zebrafish)

I think we would need to know every single biological function at least of our specie before we could even attempt to play with our building materials in such a way.

Things could be attempted without the full knowledge. Many things would be discovered by their failure and analogies would be drawn just as it was done when we realized our

Brains work in a similar fashion than computers. who knows, Asimov thought the future was metal cities, now we think they are plastic. Maybe they'll be Batch grown photosyntetic flesh!

Welcome aboard.

At least the dumb AI robot that moves with sexy inefficiency is at least 20 years in the horizon.

RobotMaker

Post by RobotMaker » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:01 am

Thank you! I agree, a perfect clone-like bot is way over the horizon. I just see the incredible craftsmanship that's possible with dolls used primarily for sex, and I want to create a bot that's for caring on a more interactional two-way relationship with humans, even if the prototype is limited. Sex function would definitely be a part of it, but not the sole focus. I love the idea of making that happen, especially if she found a boyfriend.

darkbutflashy
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by darkbutflashy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:02 pm

--Battery-- wrote:at least 20 years in the horizon.
That means, it will never happen.
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

RobotMaker

Post by RobotMaker » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:33 pm

A robot being totally "human" may never happen, but there are already people that have an intense emotional connection to a pet, as a companion, a doll, for a sexual relationship, and feel that their Sims characters are lifelike and feel empathy for them. I think with modern tech you could create a robot that would genuinely be fun to be friends with, and possibly even be in a relationship with.

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:26 pm

I was only referring to that 20 years saying. If someone says, we will see this or that in 20 years, it won't happen.

For your initial posting, I have read it, and the cracked.com article of course. "But let's be honest; this is all about being able to turn a woman off after you bang her." Sigh. :roll:

To reply to your latest comment: if this is all about emotions, why is it important to actually *build* such a robot? Not just think about it? Stories etc.? Fetishes are all about emotions targeted to ideas instead of people.
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

RobotMaker

Post by RobotMaker » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:42 pm

Stories are awesome. I need to read more for inspiration, if you have any you'd recommend. I'm not attracted to robots per se and am more interested in the engineering challenge than the fantasy. It would be really fulfilling to create a bot that can have an adult relationship, just like I'm sure its fulfilling to write a badass story that others enjoy.

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:11 pm

So it's about building something awesome for you, yes? I can relate to that as I'm an engineer, too. But for the same reason I decided to stick to fantasies. Because, Enginering 101: Reality is stupid.

Aside from that, a thing I always have in my mind is a fembot game. Not one with fancy graphics and not much else more but one which focuses on storytelling and making you actually *believe* your partner/opponent in the game is a fembot. Instead of passing the turing test, rephrase the problem, then pass. That could be both awesome and fun.

RobotMaker

Post by RobotMaker » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:32 pm

Reality is stupid. It would be cool to build game layers into interactions with a physical bot. For example, in the Sims there are relationship meters that start at zero and go up over time and conversation. Something like that with a bot could be cool so that different interactions can be unlocked over time and with saying and doing the right things.

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:53 pm

It would be cool if someone join me making a fembot themed, text-and-algorithms game. Something like that may face sunlight. And it doesn't have too many limitations which kick it back from awesome to adequate.

RobotMaker

Post by RobotMaker » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:06 pm

I just found out about this open source robotics project.

https://youtu.be/JKtHCFToYPY

This isn't cutting edge of course, but it can be 3D printed and uses off the shelf motors and circuits. The design is masculine, but with some changed proportions it could be feminine.

I can imagine this with an outer silicone skin like a realdoll, and a voice interface chatbot for conversation and flirting :)

What do you guys think? Girlfriend material? Or just another robot?

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:09 pm

A pile of plastic shards wrapped around some servos.

RobotMaker

Post by RobotMaker » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:08 pm

I've been doing more research on the AI side of things. So far, I've found a really great voice interface program as well as an easy to modify chatbot AI. If I can get these two working together smoothly, I can have a voice interface with an AI that would remember things, be able to respond and I think be enjoyable as well. Both of these programs are written in Python, so they can both be used on a Raspberry Pi, which is a $35 computer. The Rasp Pi is compact too, so it should fit in the head of just about any fembot.

The voice interface suggested for Rasp Pi does require Internet connection, but the device can connect and I think most people would be talking to their fembot near a WiFi network. The documentation for that project was originally posted here:

http://stevenhickson.blogspot.in/2013/0 ... ry-pi.html

and there's more tutorial for it here:

http://diyhacking.com/best-voice-recogn ... pberry-pi/

This software supports lots of commands, so there can be a built in response to just about anything someone would want to do.

The AI chatbots that look the most promising are ChatterBot and ALICE. The ChatterBot is open source and can learn over time, and the ALICE program has won several AI awards for complexity. They are both Python and therefore theoretically compatible with Rasp Pi and the voice interface software. I want to play around with both of them and see how well they work and how easy they are to modify.

ChatterBot is here:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ChatterBot/0.4.3

and ALICE is here:

http://www.devdungeon.com/content/ai-ch ... ython-aiml

I'm sure you've all seen the talking RealDoll and would love to know how they accomplished it. After some research, it looks like there should be a few options for duplicating the project, with the programs listed above as the best functioning or most plausible way of doing it, without writing programs from scratch.

What do you think?

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:54 pm

Today's Dilbert strip: Image

Esleeper

Post by Esleeper » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:13 pm

Building the body is the easy part. Building the mind on the other hand? That's where it gets tricky.

RM's stuff is sort of in the right direction, but ultimately it misses the point since no chatbot can genuinely comprehend what it or anyone else says. All it can do is offer up enough variety in its canned responses to give the illusion that it's doing more than mindlessly following its programming. At the very least, I won't be satisfied until such a fembot is able to express genuine sexual pleasure. As in, pleasure derived from the act in itself and the ability to desire sex on its own, and not because its programming says that it should feel good when having sex or seek it out.

RobotMaker

Post by RobotMaker » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:22 am

More in depth sensors would definitely be a must. There have been some projects utilizing deep neural networks for image recognition and creating speech. Its in the early stages, but its fascinating to see it learn and change and get better as it tries again and again. I dont have any illusions that I can create a fembot that can pass for a human, I want to create something thats enjoyable to be social with within the bounds of modern technology. I refuse to accept that its just completely impossible.

Deep Blue

Post by Deep Blue » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:44 pm

The appearance is not difficult, the main point is the cpu.

tmc_6882

Post by tmc_6882 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:55 pm

A brief history of men who build female robots

Scarlett Johansson humanoid robot maker wants to teach you how to make sexy androids
Animatronic Head: Work in Progress

fibreglass mould is taken of this and a fibreglass core produced from it, which will be the basis for the mechanical understructure on which the skin will sit. Softened silicone, pigmented to the base colour of the performer's skin is poured into the mould and when it has set forms the skin for the head.

The fibreglass core is then mechanised using 12 servos, 10 for the eyes and brows and 2 for the jaw and is mechanically completely self contained, with a magnetic power switch which can be operated through the silicone skin. A second "working" skin is used to test the movement, after which the "hero" skin is stuck down onto the mechanical underskull and the head goes through a period of testing and programming with the performance system.

Once programming is completed the skin is prepped for painting, seams trimmed and any bubbles in the silicone filled. The rubber is painted with a mix of oil paints and liquid silicone, using reference photos and colour swatches taken during the lifecast and acrylic teeth produced from casts of the performers own teeth to replace the test set already in the head.

Finally, the back, sides and front hairline of the hair is hand punched and a knotted wig used for the longer top section, then the eyelashes and eyebrows added to complete the cosmetic process.
BATMAN VS SUPERMAN Zod Body BTS ADI

For the blockbuster BATMAN VS SUPERMAN, ADI created two ultra-realistic replicas of the deceased General Zod that would withstand close scrutiny by a camera lense. Fitness trainer Greg Plitt came to ADI for us to lifecast his body from the neck down while our colleague Barney Burman loaned us a headcast of actor Michael Shannon. Once the Shannon headcast was copied both the head and body were run in silicone with a polyfoam fill to make them solid. Zod body silicone runs and seaming: Tony Matijevich, Brian Clawson, and Tim Leach. Hair: Denise Baer. Paint: Mike Larrabee.
PLEASE NOTE: no photographs in this video represent REAL or ACTUAL deceased individuals (they are photos of previous replica work).
Before the release of the film, Greg Plitt passed away. This video is dedicated to his memory.
How Are Wax Figures Made?

If you're going to make a lifelike wax figure, you're going to need lots of two things: time and money. Experts estimate it takes roughly 350 hours to create a modern wax figure. Over the course of that 350 hours, you'll also likely spend between $150,000-$300,000!

That's not all you'll need, though. You'll need plenty of artistic flair, as well as a wide range of sophisticated tools and materials.

Sculptors of wax figures start by getting to know their subject. By looking at photographs and watching videos, they get to know what their subject looks like and how he or she behaves. If at all possible, they will also try to meet with their subject in order to observe them closely and take precise measurements.

They start the construction process by building a full-size clay model with a steel frame for the body. The head, which contains the most detail and is the most difficult part to perfect, is created as a separate, removable piece.

Once they have the clay model finished, sculptors then create a plaster mold of the face and head. After removing the plaster mold from the clay model, they fill the hollow mold with hot wax and then let it cool, so that the thick layer of wax hardens. At that point, the plaster mold can be removed.

Precise tools can then be used to add fine details to the wax face and head. For the eyes, hand-painted acrylic eyeballs are placed into the eye sockets. Multiple layers of oil paint are applied to create the right skin tone and accentuate prominent facial features. Facial and head hair, as well as clothing, are then added to finish the figure.

Why make figures out of wax? Sculptors note that wax is easy to cut and shape at room temperature. It also mixes with colors and takes paint very well. It's also easy to manipulate with other materials to get the precise texture and consistency desired to be as lifelike as possible.