R.I.P. Robin Williams

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

R.I.P. Robin Williams

Post by Spaz » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:57 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/1 ... 70050.html

I just can't believe it. This guy has been a fixture in my life since I was a kid. :(
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

FaceoffFembot
Technosexuality: Built

Re: R.I.P. Robin Williams

Post by FaceoffFembot » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:08 pm

I wasn't that much of a fan, but to see this humongous figure in entertainment vanish that suddenly is just... Wow.

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:21 pm

I liked him when he was the good guy.
like in Mrs. Doubtfire.
hated him in serious films.

the fact that he may have committed suicide reminds me of Rorschach plagiaci joke :? and that is just...disrupting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ael2ojGGUok

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:46 am

Surprised Millennium Man hasn't been mentioned, of course.

Seen the news this morning, very sad. And this is someone old enough to remember Mork and Mindy!
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Epitaph

Post by Epitaph » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:44 am

Stephaniebot wrote:Surprised Millennium Man hasn't been mentioned, of course.

Seen the news this morning, very sad. And this is someone old enough to remember Mork and Mindy!
Not Bicentennial Man? But agreed: very, very sad news to hear of.

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:50 am

- TOYS -

Stephaniebot
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:57 am

I know, I should have checked! Ah well, you got my logic at least! :lol:
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Brytestar

Post by Brytestar » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:45 am

I heard about this yesterday. It's still a shock. His mentor Jonathon Winters (I thought that there was gonna be a thread on that but was overlooked.) passed away early last year. I am stunned that no one brought up the connection. Hopefully we can find out more what really happened.
Sometimes you just gotta look at the Bryte side!

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:05 am

James Lipton discussed Jonathan Winters on MSNBC this morning, and again at Noon. Henry Winkler described in vivid detail and absolute awe, the very first moment Robin performed as Mork to his Fonzie. One of the Seven Wonders of the World, he said.

I was watching at Robin's start, his Happy Days appearances and every episode of Mork & Mindy (twice with re-runs, but no VCR). I had intently studied the Vaudeville-inspired comedy of Ernie & Bert, Grover, Kermit, and the rest of Sesame Street and the Muppets. Robin (and Jonathan) substantially enhanced my understanding and appreciation of that uniquely important root of comedy, Vaudeville and everything that follows from it.

Shortly after Mork landed on ABC, I saw his very live stand-up special, Live at the Roxy 1978. Having watching that hour, I don't think you can ever look at comedy the same way again. When you know enough about what could be achieved by the bravest comedy before that performance, and then skip ahead to all those who idolized him, who built their comedy on Robin Williams, the magnitude of his impact is crushing. If he had died young instead of his coke buddy, John Belushi, Robin's impact on comedy made in just those first years would still have raised his legend above Andy Kaufman and Bill Hicks combined.

If you consider yourself a student of comedy, that is a lesson you should watch.

At age nine, I had only recently learned that racism and inequality existed. After Sesame Street's vision of harmony, the world was a disappointment - but that time Mork shocked the viewers, having transformed a room of Klansmen under their hoods into people of every color and kind - that was a vision of transcendent goodness. I'm pretty sure I was left weeping at the profundity, as I weep now.

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

shutdown
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by shutdown » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:19 pm

I don't think a person in the english speaking language that hasn't heard of something he's done. When I heard about it yesterday my first thought was "What? Popeye's dead." I don't think that there wasn't a movie of his that I hated. RV comes close but I didn't end up hating it.

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Spaz » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:43 pm

So, one of the things Robin Williams and I shared in common was a passionate love for The Legend of Zelda video game series.

It would be great if any of you could fill out this petition: https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/ ... -williams#
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

barakuda

Post by barakuda » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:12 am

I also am a big fan of Zelda. But Robin also was a big World of Warcraft player. I hear Blizzard might make a npc of Robin. By the way it has now been reported that Robin was in the early stages of Parkinsons Disease. But the thing is not just his genius, but how nice and respectful of everyone he met. My friend worked at Cingular call center, when he got a call from Mr. Williams for help with his cell service. He said Robin was so kind and actually had a nice conversation asked how he was and joked about the awesome cell service in true Robin fashion. He never talked down to anyone no matter your lot in life. A true and generous person.