The Story Board

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
minkwheel

Re: The Story Board

Post by minkwheel » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:10 pm

If you really want to hear about how the voiceover industry works.... and if you just want to hear some of your favorite v.o. artists ramble and tell very cool stories.... look into ROB PAULSEN'S 'TALKIN' TOONS podcasts .... they're on every week, and yes, TARA has been interviewed.... Rob is a very nice guy, and does voiceover workshops like DAWS BUTLER did. (Rob is Yakko Warner, Carl Wheezer, PINKY, The Mask, Arthur from THE TICK, (many more) --and his newest gig is DONATELLO on Nickelodeon's new NINJA TURTLES series.
...From my HEART and from my HAND
WHY don't people understand my intentions?

DollSpace
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by DollSpace » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:10 am

minkwheel wrote:If you really want to hear about how the voiceover industry works.... and if you just want to hear some of your favorite v.o. artists ramble and tell very cool stories.... look into ROB PAULSEN'S 'TALKIN' TOONS podcasts .... they're on every week, and yes, TARA has been interviewed.... Rob is a very nice guy, and does voiceover workshops like DAWS BUTLER did. (Rob is Yakko Warner, Carl Wheezer, PINKY, The Mask, Arthur from THE TICK, (many more) --and his newest gig is DONATELLO on Nickelodeon's new NINJA TURTLES series.
Awesome, I'll definitely check it out. I've had this, obsession, I guess you could call it, to become a voice-over artist or a voice actress or both or whatever, since I don't know how long. I appreciate all the help I can get! :) And you can always ask me for a voice, but I have to make sure that my microphone is set up and that I'm used to using Garage Band to put together a demo or something, cos I already promised Kishin awhile ago I'd do some voices for him, too, but I seem to be confused on how the program works. Anyways, after my iMac crashed, I get it back today or tomorrow, so I'll work on it then, and try to finalise the voices for Kishin's animation, too. Oh, and I'm aware of Rob Paulsen; I think I may have been at a con where he was a guest or something. Does he do DJ work, too, or am I thinking of someone else?

Fembotfan415

Post by Fembotfan415 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:44 pm

if someone makes the story about the malfunctioning tara strong send it to me right away. and if it is made i will go yay.

Robjoe

Post by Robjoe » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:22 am

Fembotfan415: Have you considered commissioning someone? You'd have better luck if you offered an incentive with your request, I imagine.

Fembotfan415

Post by Fembotfan415 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:33 pm

I could care less as long as the story is well written.

Hayley Anachronism
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Cyborg

Post by Hayley Anachronism » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Are cyborg stories welcome here too? Or bots only?
Reality is just a vacation.

dale coba
Identification: Human

Post by dale coba » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:37 pm

I'm not even sure what FC thinks about cyborgs, because there are at least three kinds:
  • 1) Bionic, human brain
    2) Terminator, no human brain + no personhood/sentience
    3) Cyborg, no human brain + self-aware "person"
I mean, is Cameron a cyborg, or simply a robot wearing a girl for a dress?

Type three doesn't come up much, where the brain is replaced but other flesh is kept, and also personhood is retained. Some strange circumstances there.

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

gynoneko

Post by gynoneko » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:12 pm

The way I differentiate cyborgs is a little different. I like to think of it like this...

Robot - Machine body, Computer brain
Human - Human body, Human brain
Cyborg (classic) - Human body with Machine parts, Human brain
Bionoid/bionic - Organic engineered body, Organic engineered or Robotic brain
Full Body Cyborg - Human brain, Machine body

All of these are acceptable to me, and you will find them in my stories also. I have several cyborgs in my current story (Corrupted), but also robots and full body cyborgs. I think the one thing I haven't yet done is a bionoid, but I do have ideas for them as well, in fact, it is a plot point for the sequel to Exo Saves the Day, whenever I get around to it.
I look forward to your stories.
My heart and soul locked up in a cold steel frame
- Brian May

A.N.N.
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by A.N.N. » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:51 am

I'm of a similar mind to gynoneko.

The skin job terminators are a rarity (even in the Terminator universe), and in a strict interpretation are cyborgs (as a mix), but in any kind of practical sense they are really just robots with, as Dale said much better than me, wearing some organic skin material. It's not even clear if the skin is human, or just organic based. I think the only practical cyborg in the Terminator movieverse is the Marcus Wright character in Salvation. As I recall he was about a 50/50 mix.

The Cyborg movies kind of get the terminology messed up, since all the cyborgs (except for the first one) are really robots (sentient or otherwise). But I still enjoy them, at least the first 2 movies.

REGARDLESS, I enjoy stories about all the above. Cyborg, robot, bionic, bioroid, etc. bring 'em on! :thumbsup:
A.N.N.

Hayley Anachronism

Post by Hayley Anachronism » Thu May 02, 2013 7:03 pm

Working on a cyborg story but feeling a bit shy...a revenge story, really, loosely inspired by Starcraft. Any words of encouragement out there?

A.N.N.

Post by A.N.N. » Thu May 02, 2013 7:33 pm

When in doubt, write it out! Kishin's caution is true, but still only a caution. And hey, practise makes perfect!

I would certainly be interested.
A.N.N.

Hayley Anachronism

Post by Hayley Anachronism » Fri May 03, 2013 2:06 pm

Oh, it's not anything Starcraft. Just inspired, in an emotional sense.

BA2

Post by BA2 » Sun May 05, 2013 6:58 am

Would be great to read it!

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:26 pm

I am currently working on a story that I've been thinking of for a few months now.

I've got a prologue and the first two chapters written, and a third almost done, with six more chapters and an epilogue to go.

Basically, a creation/love story, with I'd like to think, better story structure than some of my past stories, which were more along the line of shorts.
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

Saya

Post by Saya » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:07 am

So. From what I have gathered from what people have told me, some of you may be waiting on baited breath for the next Saya story. Well, to be honest, I have no idea when that will happen.

It has taken me some months to write a story for the board that I am working on. I am currently close to finished, but I was rather unsatisfied with my last story. This latest one is feeling 'eh', but I am pretty pessimistic about my writing. I am currently debating upon how to end it, and I think I will write the whole thing out and go over it within the next few weeks maximum.

I am continuing to work on other ideas, though. So, hopefully, I'll make something you all enjoy!
"If the time should ever come when what is now called science, thus familiarized to men, shall be ready to put on, as it were, a form of flesh and blood, the Poet will lend his divine spirit to aid the transfiguration, and will welcome the Being thus produced, as a dear and genuine inmate of the household of man."
- William Wordsworth

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:07 pm

Saya wrote:So. From what I have gathered from what people have told me, some of you may be waiting on baited breath for the next Saya story. Well, to be honest, I have no idea when that will happen.

And...don't you feel like upload your latest stories to the wiki?...to preserve them to the next generations of posters that eventually will ask "and what happen to that saya person?" in a mini appreciation thread where then the older you will pop out and say that you are too busy and rich to do this and so and so?

i really wanted to reread them during the dark time but they where not there.

they are great.

Saya

Post by Saya » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:25 am

I know. I am not really sure how to post them to the wiki myself. I think I'll just get around to messaging Robotman to post them to the Wiki. :P
"If the time should ever come when what is now called science, thus familiarized to men, shall be ready to put on, as it were, a form of flesh and blood, the Poet will lend his divine spirit to aid the transfiguration, and will welcome the Being thus produced, as a dear and genuine inmate of the household of man."
- William Wordsworth

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:05 am

I think the most prominent question would be: How do I create a new wiki page? Because there is no link for making a new page on the menu.

But it is actually very very easy, you have to create that link yourself. On any page you like (which is not a protected page). You create such a link by clicking "Edit" on top of that page. For stories, http://fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=Stories is a good page to add your link. Use your browser's text search function (often accesssed with Ctrl+F) to look for your name and add the link by copypasting and changing one of the existing links. Just choose the name the story has. Then save the story archive page.

You have created a link to a new article in the story archive page! That's great because people will now find the story if they look into the story archive. In the normal view, it's red. That means there is no article to which that link could point to. Click it anyway. You'll get another edit view, this time for the article you wanted to create. Paste the story, save it. You are done!

Well, nearly. If you want, you can give the stories' page some more style, like I did for my story and those of some other authors. Just click "edit" on other people's pages (and do not save afterwards) if you want to know how the formatting is done there. You can safely copypaste it onto your own pages.

Oh, and don't be afraid you could damage something, other people's work. This is possible, but it's easy to revert for anyone who has an account on the wiki. I think we are all mature enough to share a common workspace and tools like the wiki is.
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

Saya

Post by Saya » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:34 am

Thanks guys! This is some really helpful info.
- William Wordsworth

DukeNukem 2417

Post by DukeNukem 2417 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:19 pm

Start the clock, folks....V.I.C.I is returning, and on Easter Sunday....

....The V.I.C.I Diaries makes its triumphant comeback with the latest story of Series 2: "Broken".

8)
"No one steals our chicks.....and lives!"

Brytestar

Post by Brytestar » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:39 pm

I'm looking forward to that Duke. I was getting worried there.
Sometimes you just gotta look at the Bryte side!

Propman

Post by Propman » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:05 pm

Very yes!

DukeNukem 2417

Post by DukeNukem 2417 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:35 am

.....so the last post from me was about how The V.I.C.I Diaries was coming back on Easter Sunday (no symbolism there, :lol: ), and the last two posts after it were positive replies.

Well, time to uncap your enthusiasm again, folks: After many delays, many long dark nights of the soul (or whatever the low-budget version of that is), delays that a certain indie game developer would find hilarious (I doubt he'd spend more than five nights reflecting on it, though :wink: ), and stop-start periods that would make a Model-T Ford look like a McClaren, I'm pleased to announce that I WILL, in fact, finish posting "The V.I.C.I Diaries - Broken" before Halloween, and the follow-up, "The V.I.C.I Diaries - King Nothing" will be up in November.

Now, for the part that some of you might get pissed off about....."Broken" has been finished for four months.

The reason I haven't finished posting it yet is....complicated.

Ironically, it comes down to something that the aforementioned indie game developer used to troll his own fans---except in my case, the reasoning is sincere. There are a few parts in "Broken", especially one near the end, that might rub some people the wrong way---and while I'm thinking about it, I'm surprised nobody's complained about the two characters that got fried by the Helios program earlier in the story. That being said, the part I'm talking about near the end (a character death, to be specific), may be a bit of a gut punch to anyone who's suffered personal losses recently. It's not sugar-coated, and it's not glossed over. Within the final act of "Broken", you'll read, in graphic detail, how one particular character dies.

That being said, I hope that the part of the story I'm referring to has the emotional impact I intended (and no, it's not Vicki who bites the dust---again :P ).

Expect "Broken" to be finished sometime this week (I DID say "before Halloween" :wink: ), and maybe the first part of "King Nothing" sometime later this month if I can get more of that one done.

Hopefully, to all those who've been following along fro the first part of "Season 2", it'll be worth the wait.
"No one steals our chicks.....and lives!"

Brytestar

Post by Brytestar » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:17 am

Question to Duke...

Is 'King Nothing' the story that offically starts Season 2?

Comment

I have this fear that there are still too many loose threads that are clearly unsolved from season 1. While yes VICI is the main character and I get hence the title. Others like Celeste (I like her even if she no longer will see camera time.) I also love to see more of Major Tom. I would reveal more but well I just hope that the unsolved angles could be addressed at a later date.

My own writing....

I have yet to put anything close to the saga length settings on FC. (Probably because I still have some ill feelings from the past that just now no longer there.) But have a lot in mind. But sadly still haven't found the time to write. Although part of me would LOVE to RP with authors to see how certain scenes could be played out. (I know I haven't sent any formal request yet.)

I still whould to thank both R-Man and Kishin (and the others I may have missed) for this thread.

Plus the fact that the storyboard thread hasn't been active.

Brytestar

Re:

Post by Brytestar » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:04 am

Robotman wrote:If anyone is interested in proofreading or copy-editing stories for others, just post here with your contact info (if you want).
Oh I almost forgot about that. Anyone willing to help copy-edit an old story of mine? I would really appreciate it. (Especially if I can't find a grammar check app... (Pout)