eBay warning

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
noidguy
Retired staff member

eBay warning

Post by noidguy » Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:26 pm

Every now and then a movie pops up on eBay with "female robot" or something similar in the description. Before you go bidding on such things I would suggest you ask around for some details. I've purchased many videos over the years based on these vague descriptions - and most often have been disappointed.

I bring this up now because there is a film titled "Kiss Kiss Kill Kill" on eBay. The brief description includes the following: "A young girl hires a spy to investigate the disappearance of her scientist father.Mad scientists. Crazy gadjets. Female robots."

I have this film and a few others like it (60s era Bond spoofs). It's a fun film, if you like those sorts of things. But no female robots - just females that are given a serum that makes them follow orders.

Sega-boy

Post by Sega-boy » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:01 am

I got another good example of a product that doesn't make good on its promise.

I came across a 2 DVD pack entitled The Italian Science Fiction collection (Retromedia).

It contains a film called War of the Planets and another called War of the Robots.

The most deceptive feature about this double feature is the packaging.

Talk about false advertising. But that's what I get for judging a DVD by its cover and for thinking I'd found a hidden gem not listed at gynoid gallery.

The cover art contains pictures of female robots. Not only does it show a close-up of a woman wearing body paint on her face, but it also shows a CGI-looking nude in the background.

Now, I know better than to think that they had modern special effects in 70s Italy but I thought that there would be fembots of some kind.

The Box also says...

See- Robots in Blond Wigs!

(Unfortunately, they meant male robots in blond wigs.)

See- Space Chicks in Tight Outfits

(Well, at least thank goodness for that)

-------------------------

It didn't set me back too much, but still, I felt like I'd been had.
#
Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for SEGA.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Four Sided Triangle

Post by noidguy » Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:56 am

Here's another movie described on eBay as having a female robot character...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=41656

She's not a robot, just a human duplicate. The plot = two guys in love with the same woman, but the woman only loves one of the guys. So they stick her in the duplicating machine so everybody can have someone to love. Unfortunately for the second guy, the duplicate also loves the first guy.