Chat log with EHY and conscious_object

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
ehy
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Chat log with EHY and conscious_object

Post by ehy » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:24 am

At my website (http://members.fortunecity.com/asfr/control/) I'm posting the logs of an ongoing roleplaying scenario between myself and conscious_object. She plays a college girl that I basically kidnap and transform unwillingly into a programmable, controlled android. Those of you who enjoy the control aspect of fembots or my other stories might enjoy it. Lots of control, a little sex, a little malfunctioning.

Also, if you've thought about doing some roleplaying but hesitated to try something you know nothing about, this may give you an idea of how it can work. (I can also recommend Dosman's chat chronicles at http://www.geocities.com/chatchron/ for more examples - every roleplayer has a different style.)

Feel free to add links to it from elsewhere (including the story archive here if you deem that appropriate) but please don't copy it without getting permission from both of us.

EHY

p.s. I understand some people have had some difficulty accessing that site. I haven't seen the problem myself but if you run into it please do let me know by email or PM; I would like to be able to address it if I can.

keraptis
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by keraptis » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:37 pm

This is cool stuff, EHY. Before reading it though, it would be helpful to know whether the person you're chatting with is, to the best of your knowledge, actually female. I wouldn't enjoy reading it if the "woman" in the story is really a man.

Kriegsaffe No. 9

Post by Kriegsaffe No. 9 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:02 pm

Fie on that, I think. It's better not knowing. Do you really wanna know what goes into that delicious Rheesus Monkey Genital soup? Or that the guy who wrote your favorite book did it in between planning your ultimate demise? It's more fun and theoretically palatable when ya don't know.
"I dig metal chicks. Now, some RPGs."--Steve D., from an RPG.net thread

I'm taking art requests (cuz I need motivation)
www.kriegsaffeno9.deviantart.com

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:31 pm

Kriegsaffe No. 9 wrote:Fie on that, I think. It's better not knowing. Do you really wanna know what goes into that delicious Rheesus Monkey Genital soup? Or that the guy who wrote your favorite book did it in between planning your ultimate demise? It's more fun and theoretically palatable when ya don't know.
Well, I peeked at it and I'm pretty sure I know the answer to my question.

Not passing judgment, it's just not my thing.

conscious_object

Post by conscious_object » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:11 pm

keraptis wrote:This is cool stuff, EHY. Before reading it though, it would be helpful to know whether the person you're chatting with is, to the best of your knowledge, actually female. I wouldn't enjoy reading it if the "woman" in the story is really a man.
Lol, I find this funny. Sorry to disappoint, but to quote Eowyn: "I am no man!"

And even if I were...I don't see why it'd bother you so, when the character herself is 100% female regardless.

I mean, you read fembot stories written by male authors, right? In those, the one author is writing all the male and female characters. RPs, at their core, are nothing more than collaborative stories. So why would a single male author writing all the characters not bother you, but two males collaborating would?

What if a male were playing the fembot part, and a female were playing the male-dominant part? Would it still bother you that a guy was playing the fembot, or would having that "real" female presence somehow balance things out for you?

Anyways...it's too bad that you've got some issues that keep you from enjoying what I think is a pretty fun story (though I might be biased ;-))...but ultimately, it's not my loss.
Well, I peeked at it and I'm pretty sure I know the answer to my question.
I have to say, I'm curious now what led you to whatever conclusion you might've come to...lol.
Last edited by conscious_object on Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stephaniebot
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:18 am

I agree with Conscious Object about matters,as long as the female role is played well does it truly matter?But again I may be slightly biased on this. I love the twisted idea of a female playing the part of the male 'robotiser' role and a man playing the female being transformed,presumably (though not necessarily) voluntarily.I know with EHY its more a personality download than robotisation but in a sense the human mind ends up inside a controlled android being.
However its a free world and Keraptis is free to read or not read as he desires.Maybe for me personally I would love my mind to be 'slightly' less free than it currently is,but again thats simply my personal choice which I'm allowed to make.
Personally I've had the pleasure of an EHY Personality Download session and he is very good at it,only wish I had more time to do these things but work and my own writing seems to take up too much time nowadays.I would say that any ladies here,or indeed men who fancy playing a woman who has chosen to go through the process that they should make an appointment at his 'clinic' its a great experience
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

UserJesse

Post by UserJesse » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:13 am

ah ha, a fellow Minnesotian (that even a word?) yah you betcha!

conscious_object

Post by conscious_object » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:19 am

UserJesse wrote:yah you betcha!
(You're supposed to wait, and let me answer your question with that. ;-))

Kriegsaffe No. 9

Post by Kriegsaffe No. 9 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:29 pm

Welcome to Fembot Central, Conscious Object--where the only thing you can expect is the unexpected! ...and robots. ...and frequent malfunction.
"I dig metal chicks. Now, some RPGs."--Steve D., from an RPG.net thread

I'm taking art requests (cuz I need motivation)
www.kriegsaffeno9.deviantart.com

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:46 pm

conscious_object wrote: Lol, I find this funny. Sorry to disappoint, but to quote Eowyn: "I am no man!"

And even if I were...I don't see why it'd bother you so, when the character herself is 100% female regardless.
I certainly hope you don't think I'm "bothered" by the idea of a man pretending to be a woman. Roleplaying is all about getting a chance to try being something you aren't in reality. I tried to make it clear, I'm not passing judgment. I just know that, if I know it's a man pretending to be a woman, that reality gets in the way of my enjoyment of the story.

Let me try to put this another way. The fantasy of being a "master" to a fembot (slave, pet, whatever) doesn't really appeal to me. So for me that kind of rules out identifying with the person on one end of that conversation. So naturally I look at the other character and see if that's someone I can relate to. Since transgender stuff isn't my thing either, I wouldn't be able to identify with that other character either if I knew there was transgender RP going on there.

Again, this is purely a matter of me trying to see if the characters in the story, and their motivations, resonate with me as something I can directly relate to. Obviously there are many, many great stories out there (ASFR and otherwise) with characters I couldn't identity with that I nonetheless enjoy immensely.

Anyway, it was an idle question and not intended to offend.
conscious_object wrote: What if a male were playing the fembot part, and a female were playing the male-dominant part? Would it still bother you that a guy was playing the fembot, or would having that "real" female presence somehow balance things out for you?
That's a real interesting question. That kind of role-reversal would certainly make for fascinating material, I admit, though I probably wouldn't call it something I'd actively seek out.
conscious_object wrote: Anyways...it's too bad that you've got some issues that keep you from enjoying what I think is a pretty fun story (though I might be biased ;-))...but ultimately, it's not my loss.
Look, it seems my question offended you a bit and I'm sorry. But I want to reiterate, I don't have any "issues" standing in the way of my being open to, and accepting of, all sorts of things. I just happen to know myself well enough to know what I like more and like less. That's all.
conscious_object wrote: I have to say, I'm curious now what led you to whatever conclusion you might've come to...lol.
For the record, I don't think there was anything in there that I interpreted as a "clue." I think I was (cynically perhaps) going on the assumption that it was more likely to be a man behind your character than a woman. I am pleasantly surprised and happy to be proven wrong.

Please, no hard feelings I hope, and welcome to the board. I feel I owe it to you to read the chat transcript again, which I will do shortly. Hope to see you around here more.

conscious_object

Post by conscious_object » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:24 pm

keraptis wrote:Let me try to put this another way. The fantasy of being a "master" to a fembot (slave, pet, whatever) doesn't really appeal to me. So for me that kind of rules out identifying with the person on one end of that conversation. So naturally I look at the other character and see if that's someone I can relate to. Since transgender stuff isn't my thing either, I wouldn't be able to identify with that other character either if I knew there was transgender RP going on there.

Again, this is purely a matter of me trying to see if the characters in the story, and their motivations, resonate with me as something I can directly relate to. Obviously there are many, many great stories out there (ASFR and otherwise) with characters I couldn't identity with that I nonetheless enjoy immensely.
Here's what confuses me then. You're saying being the master of a fembot doesn't appeal to you, but that you're able to identify with the bot side. You look for bot characters you can relate to...but in order to relate to them, they must be female. And I recall reading in one thread or another that you're a married male? So why do you relate with female fembots more, and why is a requirement that - even if the character is female - even the person playing the character must be female...when you yourself are male? I don't understand.

Part of me wants to say that perhaps your frequent emphasis on how transgender stuff isn't your thing, and paranoia about a character being RP'ed by a male, might be rooted your tendency to relate more with the female bot, and a fear of "what that might mean"...though I don't want to jump to conclusions too quickly.
"Be kind to me...or treat me mean / I'll make the most of it, I'm an Extraordinary Machine." --Fiona Apple

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:04 pm

conscious_object wrote:Here's what confuses me then. You're saying being the master of a fembot doesn't appeal to you, but that you're able to identify with the bot side. You look for bot characters you can relate to...but in order to relate to them, they must be female. And I recall reading in one thread or another that you're a married male? So why do you relate with female fembots more, and why is a requirement that - even if the character is female - even the person playing the character must be female...when you yourself are male? I don't understand.

Part of me wants to say that perhaps your frequent emphasis on how transgender stuff isn't your thing, and paranoia about a character being RP'ed by a male, might be rooted your tendency to relate more with the female bot, and a fear of "what that might mean"...though I don't want to jump to conclusions too quickly.
OK, how to answer all of this without coming across as defensive? Hard to do in this format, but I'll try.

Sorry, but you're completely off base. You're drawing upon an old cliche that doesn't apply in this situation. We all know the stereotypical story of someone who goes to great lengths to attack people with different sexual proclivities because in fact, deep down they are struggling with questions about their own sexuality. That's not me. There is no "frequent emphasis" on transgender issues in my posts here, as anyone can attest ... this is just one thread among hundreds that I've posted to. I have no agenda with regard to the issue, asked an idle question, tried to explain it kindly when you seemed offended, and will continue to try to explain the best I can -- unless you want to persist in playing the amateur psychologist, in which case I would just back off and let this thread die.

To answer your other question, about whether I "relate" to female robot characters, it is not that I imagine myself literally in that role. Yes, I am able to relate to the idea of being a robot, as you point out, but the idea of being a female robot holds no appeal for me. My favorite stories have typically been ones in which we see both male and female robots -- and that's why "The Offer" was a story that really appealed to me, because it was told from the first-person perspective of a man who, along with his girlfriend, is transformed into a machine.

In the kind of ASFR tale that is far more common, featuring a human male "master" or "owner" and a female robot, to me the only interesting character in the piece is the robot. Because frankly, the "master" is typically a completely one-dimensional character without any interesting qualities and (in some cases) without any redeeming qualities either. What interests me in such stories is the author's take on what kind of "person" the robot is ... the "master" is really just a plot device to let us see the robot in action.

Getting back to the roleplaying transcript you've shared with us, given that the female character is being played by a real woman, the reason why I would find that very interesting is (a) real women who roleplay in this fashion are very rare and (b) I'm fascinated to get "inside the head" of a woman who finds robots exciting. It's as simple as that. When I say I would "relate" to such a character I am talking simply about relating to that person's interest in what it might be like to be a robot. Not about relating to the fact that the person is female.

Hopefully that makes sense. I'd be happy to talk about this to your heart's content but again, not if you're going to try making up theories about my inner psyche based on extremely little information about me. I've given you a small sense of where my interests lie, maybe the best thing now would be for you to explain a little about what the appeal of ASFR is for you and how long you've been into it.

Again, I'd love to put my original question behind us and be able to count you as someone I'm happy to chat with on this board. Of course that's up to you.

ehy

Post by ehy » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:49 pm

As I read that, keraptis, it sounds like you're saying that the character you're most interested in is conscious_object herself, rather than the person/robot whose actions she's creating... is that an accurate reading?

You're certainly right about the master usually being a plot device for the robot to show her stuff, and that's certainly true in this case. I've tried to do otherwise from time to time ("In the Keep," which isn't technically a robot story but has all the elements of one that I care about, is probably my best success at that) but it doesn't interest me that much. And that's probably one of the reasons I haven't written much these last few years.

I wasn't sure what to make of the fact that after hours of creating sexy (or not sexy, if you're not into that sort of thing) writing, with a single word I could choose whether or not you would enjoy it. What a sense of power!

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:54 pm

ehy wrote:As I read that, keraptis, it sounds like you're saying that the character you're most interested in is conscious_object herself, rather than the person/robot whose actions she's creating... is that an accurate reading?
That's dead-on. I actually said as much in another recent thread, which you can see here.
ehy wrote:You're certainly right about the master usually being a plot device for the robot to show her stuff, and that's certainly true in this case. I've tried to do otherwise from time to time ("In the Keep," which isn't technically a robot story but has all the elements of one that I care about, is probably my best success at that) but it doesn't interest me that much. And that's probably one of the reasons I haven't written much these last few years.
I'll have to remember to check that story out.
ehy wrote:I wasn't sure what to make of the fact that after hours of creating sexy (or not sexy, if you're not into that sort of thing) writing, with a single word I could choose whether or not you would enjoy it. What a sense of power!
LOL ... yeah, but that's not too surprising is it? I mean, think of any shock ending from film or TV ... in an instant you can twist the viewer's / reader's perception completely around.

I fear my question and the thread that followed have greatly exaggerated the degree of "turned-off-ness" I feel toward the idea of a male roleplaying a female. Part of me regrets asking the question in the first place, but if it leads to good discussion then I guess it's worth it.

ehy

Post by ehy » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:28 pm

So you did. And now I understand what you meant. Not that you weren't clear the first time; I just didn't get it. I think I do now. Well, then. Hmm.

I bet you liked (or will like) Fight of Fancy too, then. (You might even have said so... I tend to forget who said what when I only know them from a messageboard.)

conscious_object

Post by conscious_object » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:12 pm

I apologize for being quick to judge. I debated leaving in or taking out that second paragraph in my response, since I knew I was putting you in a situation where you might feel like you're defending yourself...but left it in, cause it really was what I was thinking at the time.

I *think* I understand more what you're saying now, like after reading that link to the other thread. So what it is you're interested in, is what the female RPer might be thinking while she's playing the robot? If that's the case, ehy probably took out some of your favorite stuff (the background chatter and side comments) when he edited the transcripts. ;-)
"Be kind to me...or treat me mean / I'll make the most of it, I'm an Extraordinary Machine." --Fiona Apple

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:26 am

conscious_object wrote:I apologize for being quick to judge. I debated leaving in or taking out that second paragraph in my response, since I knew I was putting you in a situation where you might feel like you're defending yourself...but left it in, cause it really was what I was thinking at the time.
No problem.
conscious_object wrote:I *think* I understand more what you're saying now, like after reading that link to the other thread. So what it is you're interested in, is what the female RPer might be thinking while she's playing the robot? If that's the case, ehy probably took out some of your favorite stuff (the background chatter and side comments) when he edited the transcripts. ;-)
Absolutely, what interests me most is to get a sense of why the idea of playing a robot would appeal to you. I got the impression from another post of yours that you see it as an extension of your interest in bondage, just taken to the mental level. That certainly comes through in the transcript since your character is fighting the control every step of the way ... even when ehy is telling you your character shouldn't be able to think that thought or do that thing, you're still trying to do it. :)

I find it interesting that the way your character evolved during the roleplaying, the character never seemed to lose her desire to break free of the control. And never seemed to lose her perception of her master as (and I quote) "gross." It seemed ehy's attempts to suggest permanent alterations to your character's perceptions and thoughts had little effect. His only recourse was to keep inventing "modes" that your character would respect ... but even in those modes your character never reached a point where she was willing to apply her will and creativity to pleasing him (one example being when he wanted something to eat and your character wouldn't just go off to the kitchen and do her best to make something special for him).

From this I am forced to conclude that you must be secretly gay.

Just kidding. :wink: :P

conscious_object

Post by conscious_object » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:52 am

keraptis wrote:I find it interesting that the way your character evolved during the roleplaying, the character never seemed to lose her desire to break free of the control. And never seemed to lose her perception of her master as (and I quote) "gross." It seemed ehy's attempts to suggest permanent alterations to your character's perceptions and thoughts had little effect. His only recourse was to keep inventing "modes" that your character would respect ... but even in those modes your character never reached a point where she was willing to apply her will and creativity to pleasing him (one example being when he wanted something to eat and your character wouldn't just go off to the kitchen and do her best to make something special for him).
Once the character starts to accept her position and learn to live with it, and a status quo begins to develop, I start to lose interest. It really is about the conflict to me, in a way.
From this I am forced to conclude that you must be secretly gay.

Just kidding. :wink: :P
Actually, I'm asexual, which is to say I'm not all that sexually attracted to either gender. Perhaps if I were, I'd be more willing to let my character possibly become attracted to the guy...but I'm not even sure I know how to *play* attraction, lol.

Yes, I'm strange. ;-P

ehy

Post by ehy » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:04 am

conscious_object wrote:Once the character starts to accept her position and learn to live with it, and a status quo begins to develop, I start to lose interest. It really is about the conflict to me, in a way.
Which fortunately is true of me as well, so I didn't mind too much. I enjoy being able to make her like me, then take her out of that mode and have her thinking something like, "oh my god, I can't believe I *offered* to do that!" but it doesn't work with everyone.

Every time I play with a new partner, I find idiosyncracies to that person - certain things that *she* just doesn't play, either from lack of interest, lack of ability, or just not "getting" what I expect. Sometimes I'll try things in character to point her in the right direction (like the lunch thing keraptis mentioned). Other times I'll drop out of character and point out what's going on (e.g. "remember I programmed you to want to please me... I just said I wanted lunch, you should probably offer to make it or something," which is what I *should* have done). Sometimes she tells me before we start, or interrupts during play to say, that she isn't interested in doing a particular thing and I shouldn't try to make her. And sometimes it just becomes apparent that, no, this particular person doesn't know how to do this, she doesn't realize she doesn't know how, she's doing the best she can and it's just not going to happen, and I accept that and move on.

Occasionally it's meant we just aren't interested in the same thing and should stop trying to roleplay with each other.

But also most times I play with a new partner, I run into things she does really well or excitingly differently from anyone else I've played with.

conscious_object

Post by conscious_object » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:08 am

I admit, I'd gotten a little confused with the lunch thing. I was treating it almost like she wouldn't be paying attention to anything he'd suggested from right *before* the mode was turned on. I was still approaching it as a "you need to give a command" thing, rather than a "oh, I think he said he wanted a sandwich, I will do that" thing, lol.

EHY also added a lot of "yes sirs" into the transcript, because I'm pretty bad at remembering that all the time. ;-P

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:26 am

conscious_object wrote: Actually, I'm asexual, which is to say I'm not all that sexually attracted to either gender. Perhaps if I were, I'd be more willing to let my character possibly become attracted to the guy...but I'm not even sure I know how to *play* attraction, lol.

Yes, I'm strange. ;-P
I have to admit, this is something I'd never really heard of ... thanks for being open about that.

And thanks to both of you for providing a little more behind-the-scenes insight into the thought process behind what you were doing.

ehy

Post by ehy » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:03 am

conscious_object wrote:I was treating it almost like she wouldn't be paying attention to anything he'd suggested from right *before* the mode was turned on.
That kind of thing happens too - I tell my partner something about what I'm ordering or programming and she doesn't interpret it quite the way I meant it. Sometimes I'll drop out of character and say, "No, actually that meant *this*," or "You try to do that, but your body does *this* instead." Other times I just let it go and decide "okay, that's how she interpreted it, so I'll just debug the program till she does what I want her to." Cause really, that happens with today's computers, and it'll happen with tomorrow's androids, and sometimes it's fun.

Hm, this has sort of wandered off the topic of this thread. Perhaps I'll make a continuation thread under Roleplaying.

WinterRose
Identification: Android

Post by WinterRose » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:02 pm

For my own part, after skipping most of the thread, I got no problem with a good RP well played from any gender. I know back in #ASFR, WinterRose was most decidedly a Gynoid Fembot. I played her like that. Experienced life as an online femme. (Oh do we have it easy, guys...) And tended not to mention my true gender to anyone. There were conditions I set on that. I would let someone know in private chat if A): They asked me nicely. and B): If they appeared to want to get to know me better in a kind of chatting me up way. I owe anyone nice enough to say more than "A/S/L" that courtesy. Otherwise, I considered myself and others online to be mostly neuter when it came to interaction. As linked intelligences without actual physical representation on the net, to me, gender became a matter of objective choice, not genetics. And I quite enjoyed the company I kept, in most cases.

tully

Post by tully » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:10 am

No problem here, either...unless someone misrepresents themselves.