Nickelodeon's Ratings Drop -- and the Meanest Thing...

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
Esomark
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Re: Nickelodeon's Ratings Drop -- and the Meanest Thing...

Post by Esomark » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:14 am

King Snarf wrote:
I disagree. While Western Animation has yet to go the drama route that Japanese animation has embraced, there are certainly many, many intelligently written American cartoons. The Venture Bros., Adventure Time, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Young Justice, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Regular Show, and (God help me for admitting it) My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (I personally am not a fan, mainly because the internet WILL NOT SHUT UP ABOUT IT, but I can understand why people like it) are all examples of how good Western Animation is right now.
I will say I enjoyed Ugly Americans and Good Vibes, along with the new Beavis and Butthead (longtime fan). The first two were just outrageous and I liked how BnB lampooned Jersey Shore and all those other trashy sitcoms. My little bro and I got plenty of laughs out of it.

Sega-boy

Re: Nickelodeon's Ratings Drop -- and the Meanest Thing...

Post by Sega-boy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:47 pm

I would think they lost the cutting edge the moment they stop producing Invader Zim.
Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for SEGA.

tmc_6882

Is Netflix to blame for Nickelodeon's ratings decline?

Post by tmc_6882 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:10 pm

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118053167?refCatId=14

A study shows that Nick viewing is up in non-Netflix homes, while down in homes with the Netflix streaming service.