My Life as a Real Doll

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
ISAF
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by ISAF » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:24 am

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:58 pm

That broad is the biggest con artist. What a self righteous p o s she is. Insulting the intelligence of all who take her seriously starting with those gave her the funding. A RealDoll made of herself to advance some feminazi "cause"? :roll:

keraptis
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by keraptis » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:56 am

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to call her a "POS" and a "feminazi." However, I do agree that the video failed to show me anything about her project that I find interesting or useful. And I also think it's a fair conclusion that she would hold a negative view of the kinds of fantasies expressed in our little community.

If you watch closely, toward the end there is a screen grab of the online comments she's gotten and the one that stands out says this:
I was forced to sit through Ms. Swanson's "work" as part of the judging panel for the Reeling GLBT Festival. I have never seen such an ill-conceived, self-righteous, self-indulgent, and ultimately empty work.

That is extremely scathing criticism from someone who's seen the project up close. I wonder who made this little video because you have to question why they'd incorporate that quote directly into a feature about the project.

At the risk of psycho-analyzing someone based on very little information, it does seem like there is a blurry line between what she's supposedly criticizing and what she herself is looking for in a relationship.