900 Posts with a fun poll

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.

When do you believe I (Doug) will break 1000 posts?

1. Week Of January 1, 2005
No votes
2. Week Of January 8, 2005
9%
3. Week Of January 15, 2005
9%
4. Week Of January 22, 2005
18%
5. Week Of January 29, 2005
3%
6. Between January 1 and February 1, 2005
9%
7. Between February 1 and March 1, 2005
9%
8. I don't care...I'm just here for the free food
42%

Total votes: 33

kb7rky

900 Posts with a fun poll

Post by kb7rky » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:02 am

Okay, everyone, it's December 30, 2004, and I've achieved yet another milestone...900 posts on the FC!

So, with that in mind (seems like I'm in a better mood than 2 months ago, huh?), I've started a fun little poll to see who gets the big prize:

A robot duplicate of any celebrity you want, courtesy of Boomers R Us!

Here's the rules:

Just guess the correct date (within a day or two...up to a week) that I break 1000 posts here on the FC. Point me toward the celebrity pic of your choice, and I'll make one of the best manips I've ever turned out especially for the occasion! Tell me how you want it to look, and I'll do my best!

Take as many guesses as you wish on the board, but the poll votes are the ones that count. The FC Regular with the most correct guess (closest to the actual date) will win.

And now, for the fine print:

Your actual mileage may vary. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. Optional roll cage not for occupant safety. Don't cross your eyes or they'll stay that way forever. In space, no one can hear ice cream.

Have at it, folks!

Doug

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:13 am

Congrats Doug,and my vote is cast.I have cast for the week on the poll but will settle for 24th Jan as the day.
If I am fortunate I will select Kate Winslet (as in Titanic days when she had some curves) or Geri Halliwell (definitely with curves) if you in the US have heard of her.
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:23 pm

Stephaniebot wrote:Congrats Doug,and my vote is cast.I have cast for the week on the poll but will settle for 24th Jan as the day.
If I am fortunate I will select Kate Winslet (as in Titanic days when she had some curves) or Geri Halliwell (definitely with curves) if you in the US have heard of her.
Oh, definitely, Steph...wasn't Geri with the Spice Girls?

Okay, who were the three wiseguys who said they were here for the free food??

:P

Doug (97 to go)

crimsondragon1982

Post by crimsondragon1982 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:59 pm

i wasn't sure when but i know it will probably be in Jan sometime try to make it Jan 12, my birthday lol

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:30 pm

robotman wrote:
Stephaniebot wrote:Geri Halliwell (definitely with curves) if you in the US have heard of her.
Mmmmmmm...... Ginger-Spice-Droid. :D
She definately has a nice spice-rack. :lol:
Good call on Kate Winslet too, Stephaniebot.
Ok. enough out of me.
(BTW, this is good food doug :P )
Try the hot wings...they're my special recipe...

Doug (94 to go)

kb7rky

93 More To Go!

Post by kb7rky » Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:20 am

Okay, everyone, I see some of you have faith in my ability to break 1000 by January 8th (15% of everyone who's voted so far), some don't have any faith that I can hit the magic number by tomorrow OR by the 15th (I also highly doubt I can hit it by Jan. 1). The rest of the guesses seem pretty evenly split all the way through March 1, but there's been some other wiseguys (and gals!) who just want the secret recipe for my hot wings :P

Remember, you have to post your guess here (exact day, but I'll allow up to a week's leeway). The person with the most correct guess (closest to the actual day) will win the special celebrity picture, manipped to look like one of Boomers R Us' famous "Celebrity Line" of androids ;)

So, come on, everyone, get your guesses in ASAP!

BTW: Jan. 1 is definitely out, unless you guys REALLY want me to post 93 messages (from this one) TODAY...

:roll:

Doug

kb7rky

Re: 93 More To Go!

Post by kb7rky » Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:47 pm

kb7rky wrote:Okay, everyone, I see some of you have faith in my ability to break 1000 by January 8th (15% of everyone who's voted so far), some don't have any faith that I can hit the magic number by tomorrow OR by the 15th (I also highly doubt I can hit it by Jan. 1). The rest of the guesses seem pretty evenly split all the way through March 1, but there's been some other wiseguys (and gals!) who just want the secret recipe for my hot wings :P

Remember, you have to post your guess here (exact day, but I'll allow up to a week's leeway). The person with the most correct guess (closest to the actual day) will win the special celebrity picture, manipped to look like one of Boomers R Us' famous "Celebrity Line" of androids ;)

So, come on, everyone, get your guesses in ASAP!

BTW: Jan. 1 is definitely out, unless you guys REALLY want me to post 93 messages (from this one) TODAY...

:roll:

Doug
I should also mention that if your guess IS NOT POSTED HERE (in this thread), and you try to claim your prize, I will laugh at you and say nasty things about your mother...

Well, okay, maybe not your mother, but you won't win the prize. I need documented proof, folks...so, come on, get your guess in now!

There's two guesses on the board now...one by Stephaniebot for January 24th, and one by crimsondragon for January 12th (funny you should say that in your guess, CD...my brother's birthday is January 12th, as well)

And, as I post this one (number 910), there's less than six hours of 2004 left, so I can be relatively safe in saying I won't break 1000 posts by January 1st.

Doug (90 posts and counting!)

minkwheel

Post by minkwheel » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:27 pm

I'm going to take a wild stab and say JANUARY 18th will be the magic day ....I also wanted to mention that you're out of HOT WINGS... so until Doug gets a new batch out on the burners... Stepford Mary has made some special SPRING ROLLS for all here to enjoy............can you guess what special metalic ingredient is inside each roll? ----can I be ANY MORE OBVIOUS? -- minkwheel
...From my HEART and from my HAND
WHY don't people understand my intentions?

tc

Post by tc » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:54 pm

I will guess Jan 16.

That is two weeks from today.

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:11 am

Hey Everyone:

I've been offline for a bit (as if anyone noticed), because I suffered a total catastrophic failure of my computer.

Short & Sweet: I barbecued the motherboard, and have been madly scrambling to find a replacement. I'm sporadically online now, due to limited access and such, but I'm still determined to break 1000 posts!

Got some good guesses so far, but a relative few ;)

I'll keep everyone apprised of when I'll be back online full-time:

Doug (lost count now...oh, yeah...86 and counting!)

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:11 pm

kb7rky wrote:Hey Everyone:

I've been offline for a bit (as if anyone noticed), because I suffered a total catastrophic failure of my computer.

Short & Sweet: I barbecued the motherboard, and have been madly scrambling to find a replacement. I'm sporadically online now, due to limited access and such, but I'm still determined to break 1000 posts!

Got some good guesses so far, but a relative few ;)

I'll keep everyone apprised of when I'll be back online full-time:

Doug (lost count now...oh, yeah...86 and counting!)
Okay, all, I'm bumping my post count up by one with this reply:

Computer replaced...everybody happy!

Had to fool the other hard drive into thinking it was the master drive and moved all my files off it to the new computer (that in itself took a few hours), so now I got a new machine, and I'm rarin' to get these posts down!

Doug (at 85 to go...whoops...84!)

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:23 am

Hey, all, here's another fresh batch of hot wings!

Remember, get those guesses posted, and you might be the proud owner of a special Celebrity Replicant manip, courtesy of Boomers R Us!

Post your guess in this thread, because the person with the closest guess to the day that I break 1000 posts will win!

Doug (77 posts and counting)

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:09 am

Just refreshing this thread with some bad news:

For those of you who guessed either Jan. 1st or Jan. 8th as the times I'd break 1000 posts, sorry.

But, you still have the weeks of the 15th, 22nd, and 29th to go, and, at the rate I'm posting now...well, I'd hate to post a guess of my own, because I think that would hex me.

There's only about 4 guesses so far, and I know there's over 600 members of this board, so come on, guys and gals, what's stopping you?

I've only got 44 posts to go...so get your guess in for the day (within a week) that I do reach Number 1000.

Doug (at 44 posts to go...)

mariahbot81
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by mariahbot81 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:54 pm

This will probably be completley wrong but I'll guess Feb14th. :)
Unit is ready to serve.

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:23 pm

I'll go with MLK day! :P

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:54 pm

All right! 6 guesses so far...which leaves about 600+ more who haven't yet posted.

Well, guess I can't have everything...but it is a good try.

Okay...we're down to the last 40 posts (after this one)...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (and I'll pray to whatever god is listening now that some dork doesn't turn it off :P )

Looks like I'm averaging about 5 - 6 posts a day...at this rate, I'll have those remaining 40 posts down in no time!

Meanwhile, there's a fresh batch of hot wings and Stepford Mary's special spring rolls (I had to counsel her on the adverse effects of humans ingesting metallic items...though they are rich in iron ;) I'm pretty certain our fembot guests will, no doubt, love the rolls)

Any further guesses, folks? C'mon, there's still plenty of time!

Doug (40 to go and counting!)

tectile

Post by tectile » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:11 am

Jan 20. I'll have to get back to you on the celeb manip. Just too many to choose from. Makes my head hurt, or it could be the crappy draft beer. :?

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:57 am

Yeah, that's the big downside, innit? Too many celeb pix to choose from...but, there's at least one that'll go through the manipper when this little contest is over!

Still plenty of time for everyone to post their guesses, as I'm now at 33 posts to go and counting

Doug

htb21

Post by htb21 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:23 am

I suppose i will get a guess down too... hmmm January 21st. seems fitting for me to pick that number!

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:04 am

Okay, with just eight posts to go after this one, here's the list of regulars who have posted a guess as to when I break 1000 posts on the board:

Stephaniebot: Jan. 24th

Crimsondragon1982: Jan 12 (sorry!)

minkwheel: Jan 18th

tc: Jan 16th

gtr: Feb. 14th

Keizo: Jan 17th (co-incidentally, that's my 21st anniversary of going in the US Air Force)

Tectile: Jan. 20th

htb21: Jan 21st

So far, Minkwheel, tc, Keizo, and htb21 are in the ballpark, as it looks like that'll be the magic week here on the board.

If Jan 17th proves to be The Big Day (tm), I think an appropriate celeb pic should be of our candidate in an Air Force uniform, or near a jet, or something with an Air Force theme.

Or, maybe I'll just grab a few Conny J pix and manip those...she seems to be the latest celeb we're all drooling over

:lol:

Speaking of drooling...there's plenty of hot wings, spring rolls, and lots and lots of beer in the cooler (I sent Stepford Mary and Buffybot to get some of the good stuff)

Oh, yeah, and even Evil Genius Carl's Jr. is getting in on the party...he's playing the part of the barbecue grill ;)

Doug (8 posts to go!)

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:21 pm

Dude! An Air Force theme sounds great to me :D Gynoids in uniforms are like a SUPER treat for me. Even if she's in a stewardess uniform, that's AWESOME. Also, I'm sure we would all like to see Connie J in one (or wearing nothing at all). :mrgreen: