Artiicle: My Life As A Robot

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
Svengli

Artiicle: My Life As A Robot

Post by Svengli » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:51 pm

The identification of a person with a telepresence robot

"I have been part robot since May. Instead of legs, I move on gyroscopically stabilized wheels. Instead of a face, I have an iPad screen. Instead of eyes, a camera with no peripheral vision. Instead of a mouth, a speaker whose volume I can’t even gauge with my own ears. And instead of ears, a tinny microphone that crackles and hisses with every high note."

http://www.wired.com/2015/09/my-life-as ... -longread/

darkbutflashy
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Re: Artiicle: My Life As A Robot

Post by darkbutflashy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:52 am

I find it quite interesting as she explores how it is to be connected to the world through the means of a machine body. For us the story starts a bit shallow, because she explains mostly the obstactles she was facing (clunky interface, ogling coworkers, "too helpful" coworkers). However, she's got the point where she's let her coworkers speak Because when we see the face, our brains can’t help but project the rest of you, and so it was like you were actually being carried.

And that's interesting. Give it facial expression and it's a person. It just works.

Okay, we're focusing on sex here so there's obviously a lot more missing. :mrgreen:
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!