video editor?

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
tectile

video editor?

Post by tectile » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:06 am

I recently undertook the tedious task of recording, editing and uploading "Almost Human episode 2 to Dale's ftp.

I used an Avermedia USB tuner to get the show from cable. Avermedia seems to make good inexpensive hardware but their software BLOWS so I used Windows media center to control the tuner.

Windows media center does a good job but I'm not crazy about the GUI. I had to convert the recorded file to a more common .AVI format instead of the proprietary WMC .wtv file extension so others who don't have media center could watch it. I did this using freeware MC-TVconverter.
I wanted to edit out the commercials so had to convert the original file into 6 files. MC-TVconverter has a feature that will automatically edit out commercials but it wasn't accurate.
I then had to join the files back together into one file without commercials and used freeware http://www.free-video-joiner.com/index.html
Uploading to Dales FTP was quick and easy using Filezilla.

Does anyone have have software suggestions (preferably free) that would have made this process more efficient?

What I would like is an all in one editor so I could loose the commercials and then convert the file in one pass.

The entire process took about 4 hours and there has to be a better way of doing it.

If you want to use the software I've mentioned above, be careful when installing. Check or uncheck the appropriate boxes or you will get unwanted bloatware,toolbars and other nasty things :)

I suspect most of the members of this community are pretty tech savvy but I'll say it anyway. "Use a good antivirus program". Avast stopped me from downloading several programs that looked promising.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

KingJeremy

Re: video editor?

Post by KingJeremy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:26 pm

I don't know what your feelings are on torrenting but Camtasia is a nice easy to use program. It's relatively expensive but I ended up purchasing it for the ex wife (we're on good terms) so she could make videos for her business after having tried out a "free" version myself. I was using it for recording the screen but it has a very nice editing feature.

33cl33
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Re: video editor?

Post by 33cl33 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:57 pm

Honestly - I'd just jump on others' torrents, if we're talking about archiving broadcast shows. Amazingly clear 720p versions are typically available 10 minutes after the show airs.
SynthSuite audio clips, etc: https://linktr.ee/synthsuite