Autonomous Weapons.

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
fembot_stalker
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Autonomous Weapons.

Post by fembot_stalker » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:38 am

For Those Who Are Computer Savvy and Those Who Are Into Sci Fi That Deals With Robots:

Did any of you happen to witness the UN's (United Nation's) moratorium on autonomous weapons (armed robots) in combat a while ago? I heard that it was interesting. Apparently, some people who were concerned about the kinds of stuff that happened in sci fi media such as the entire TRANSFORMERS franchise, 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY (196?), WARGAMES (198?), the TERMINATOR franchise, and the MATRIX movie series wanted to discuss the topic of SS (synthetic sentience, or artificial intelligence; AI) being allowed to make LETHAL decisions about killing Human terrorists on its own. I heard that it was very intense too. Does anyone know what happened and where I can see a video of that moratorium? Anyway, I know that some of you are actually OK with the idea of machines killing people; just hope that those machines never confuse you with the people on the other side like the way they have been known to get other things confused - like license plates at traffic stops, for example. Anyway, I would suggest that every who is really into independent robotics and AI (artificial intelligence) read the late Issac Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics . :transformer:

Check out this supercomputer complex over in China: Link 1 and Link 2 . Also, speaking of self-aware supercomputers - I am working on something dealing with SS myself; I came up with several acronymic computer names such as DRON, DREC (or DREK), KRAW, VICK (or VIC/VIK), VERA and PINC (or PINK). (DRON, DREC, KRAW, and VICK are sentient supercomputers with masculine voices; VERA and PINC - obviously - have feminine voices.) Does anyone here have a good idea as to what each supercomputer's acronymic name should stand for? I have unsuccessfully racked my brain several times, so I am going to ask for a little help from some of you. What should DRON and the rest of those acronymic supercomputer names stand for? ( Just think of HAL from 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY, WOPR from WARGAMES, VICKI from I, ROBOT starring Will Smith and KITT from KNIGHT RIDER. All of these self-aware supercomputers had nice names that were acronyms!) If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it very much. Thank you! :D

Fembot_Chaser
(alt.sex.fetish.robots) AI and UFOs are spreading all over the Globe! 2 see more, just visit us at Malestrom1000's Youtube Channel. Thank you 4 visiting us as we get closer 2 creating our (female) repairbots, (giant) r⊙b⊙t gladiatrices, fembots, sexbots & h⊙b⊙ts; now how pimpadelic is that? :transformer: :rockon: :thumbsup: :nerd: :D :) :-o 8) :lol:

--NightBattery--

Re: Autonomous Weapons.

Post by --NightBattery-- » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:03 pm

well....i don't know what the UN decition is, but there are a lot of motion sensors and aiming systems already helping killing the people that doesn't agree with whoever owns the tech :3 but at least there still is a guy holding a trigger or a button, wich doesn't make it any better though.. but imagine the riots at germany while the iron courtains were still, and instead of soldiers there where machines that took priority in defend the capitol or public infrastructure and attacked the people, or imagine china...when...no, never mind.

changing subjects, i like the imagination game, let see what i can think, hmm.
DRON Distant/Dimensional/digital reading observational network
KRAW kilometric/kirk/kilohert/ kaiser/kinetic rational area wires
PINC person interaction network computer
VERA... virtual educational resources administrator?

they probably are crappy in comparation of what you might have tought so far, but i hope they 'll help.

Regards.

you have ten seconds to comply.....ten,three, one ratttaataatatata
Last edited by --NightBattery-- on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

General
Technosexuality: Built

Post by General » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:36 pm

The fundamental question with unmanned weapons is which do you trust more, the control software or the communication link? Before anyone goes too crazy, there are already plenty of weapon systems that target automatically. IE fire a missile in a general area, and once it gets there it will find a similar target profile and kill it (all on it's own).

If you don't trust the platform and want to keep a man in the loop then you have to worry about the link being hacked. IE here I am piloting my robo-drone like a giant video game and then all of a sudden Iran spoofs the signal and now they're flying it. Sure there's a human in the loop, but is it the right human.

Or you take the other approach. You program your weapon, give it general orders and let it do it's job. It is now less vulnerable to signal stealing or jamming but if you don't program it right you will get mistakes.

Chances are most groups will take a remote control, semi-autonomous function as the primary method and then a fully autonomous 'fly home' mode as a backup.

fembot_stalker
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by fembot_stalker » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:29 pm

--Battery-- wrote:well....i don't know what the UN decition is, but there are a lot of motion sensors and aiming systems already helping killing the people that doesn't agree with whoever owns the tech :3 but at least there still is a guy holding a trigger or a button, wich doesn't make it any better though.. but imagine the riots at germany while the iron courtains were still, and instead of soldiers there where machines that took priority in defend the capitol or public infrastructure and attacked the people, or imagine china...when...no, never mind.

changing subjects, i like the imagination game, let see what i can think, hmm.
DRON Distant/Dimensional/digital reading observational network
KRAW kilometric/kirk/kilohert/ kaiser/kinetic rational area wires
PINC person interaction network computer
VERA... virtual educational resources administrator?

they probably are crappy in comparation of what you might have tought so far, but i hope they 'll help.

Regards.

you have ten seconds to comply.....ten,three, one ratttaataatatata
Hey, are doing good with the suggestions and the acronyms so far! Keep it up; I might even go with some of them. Thank you! :!:
(alt.sex.fetish.robots) AI and UFOs are spreading all over the Globe! 2 see more, just visit us at Malestrom1000's Youtube Channel. Thank you 4 visiting us as we get closer 2 creating our (female) repairbots, (giant) r⊙b⊙t gladiatrices, fembots, sexbots & h⊙b⊙ts; now how pimpadelic is that? :transformer: :rockon: :thumbsup: :nerd: :D :) :-o 8) :lol: