ISPs will Strike You Out

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
dale coba
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

ISPs will Strike You Out

Post by dale coba » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:09 pm

Six Strikes is here.

Beginning today, AT&T, Cablevision, Comcast, Time Warner Cable, and Verizon have all agreed to start spying on their users.

That's right. The US's largest Internet Service Providers are implementing a new "online infringement" plan to identify and punish, with virtually no due process, users suspected of downloading copyrighted content.

Click here to tell the ISPs: no cyber-snooping, no punitive new copyright rules.

After a year of back room dealing with the MPAA and RIAA, the nation's top ISPs have agreed to use the so-called "Copyright Alert System" (or "Six Strikes") to go after customers suspected of file-sharing

Following a series of escalating warnings, the plan would allow ISPs to slow down, or "throttle," the Internet connection of suspected copyright violators.

And if you want to contest the accusation? That will cost you $35.

Click here to put the ISPs on notice: stop overly punitive infringement policies or we'll take our business elsewhere.

The new plan would jeopardize open and public WIFI networks, and lead to widespread wrongful accusations for those who share a network at home, in a WIFI hot spot, or in the workplace.

Six Strikes is designed to safeguard the profits of America's wealthiest industries by tracking, targeting, and punishing internet users. Click here to oppose Six Strikes.

Please urge your friends to take action TODAY by forwarding this email or using these links:
- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

dale coba

Re: ISPs will Strike You Out

Post by dale coba » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:14 pm

also, a Whitehouse.gov petition.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... m/KjBZN4mV

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:05 am

Got a warning notice today from my ISP, over torrent traffic.

- I'm cutting back to residential service, from business.
- Speeds to the FTP may be affected.
- I'll re-assign the FTP's IP at no-ip.com, so your traffic will link through the same.

I'm holding out some hope that FTP and USENET traffic aren't going to be scanned,
but we'll have to see.

- Dale Coba

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:16 pm

Yeah, if you are using anything but port 80/tcp, you are plain evil... Anyway, I don't get how they are allowed to spy on your/third-party data content - I doubt it, so looking for bittorrent port numbers is the most they can do. If that's their whole clue, I see bittorrent servers switching to port 80 in no time. And if they really spy on the data, torrents will switch to SSL-everywhere.

That whole idea turned out ridiculous in france already: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HADOPI_law There were about 800,000 warnings sent in the first 8 month of it's implementation, about 350 "possible infringements" with no plaintiff and since today only 14 cases on the state attorney's desk, from which none actually made it into court. That whole nonsense has cost france's tax payers about 24 Million Euro (~$31 Mio). Again, ridiculous. I found some more information on this in German only. Sorry. https://netzpolitik.org/2012/hadopi-bil ... urteilung/
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!