Stayin In A Haunted House 4 Pay.

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
fembot_stalker
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Stayin In A Haunted House 4 Pay.

Post by fembot_stalker » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Happy Holidays Folks:

NOTE: THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE SPAM AND I AM NOT A SPAMBOT!

I know that I have not spoken to you all in a while; I've been preoccupied with making some money . I just thought I might drop on by and ask you all a couple of questions.

The first question is - what is your favorite form of combat sports that involve females? These days, women are involved in just about form of combat sport there is. What kind of martial arts and/or wrestling do you like to see women in? The female combat sports that turn me on the most are karate-style block splitting, swordfighting/fencing, (sumo/mud) wrestling and of course, catfighting. Let me know what kinds of combat sports that you like to see women in.

Also - not necessarily related to female combat sports - I heard a while ago that certain people have been getting paid lots of money (I don't have the exact figures.) to stay in various buildings - such as abandoned industrial plants, castles, mausoleums, estates, houses, etc. - that are really haunted. Do any of know if this type of thing is still going on today? If so, I would like to know. I already know that first of all, only adults are qualified to be entered in any of these strange "adventures-for-pay", and second, most of them end up having to stay overnight, for the whole weekend or for up to a week by THEMSELVES. The financial compensation (pay) varies; it depends on how much time the visitor actually spends at any property that is occupied by paranormal forces and it also depends on how benevolent/malevolent the paranormal activity is. For example, if a visitor is able to stay at a haunted house that is occupied by some Evil, Hardcore Demons - that almost nobody else wants to deal with - for a whole week, then that visitor can expect a lot of money at the end of his/her visit at the house, but if the same visitor stays in the same house for the same length of time and only has to deal with some "friendlier" appartions (Think Casper the Friendly Ghost!), then the resulting pay would not be as much. As for me, it's probably best that I start staying in a haunted house that for just one night, and just deal with some "lightweight" entities. Gradually, as I start getting more money in my pocket from these "adventures" and everything, I would like to stay in a haunted house for a little longer while dealing with some more "difficult" ghouls . As many of you can see, I am really desperate for some money right now and I don't know where to turn; I want to be able to pay my bills on time, finish paying for my home and my automobile, buy my family some wonderful gifts for Christmas, get my ride fixed so that it doesn't keep showing off its Check Engine Light, upgrade all of my electronic gadgets, contribute to charites like the homeless, the needy and my favorite radio stations. and well, ... I won't even go there as far as what else I would like to do. Seriously though, if anyone knows anything about any programs and/or excursions that involve people getting paid to stay in haunted houses for a certain length of time - especially here in Virginia USA - then let me know about it. I await any and all answers; thank you very much!

WebJock :devil:
(alt.sex.fetish.robots) AI and UFOs are spreading all over the Globe! 2 see more, just visit us at Malestrom1000's Youtube Channel. Thank you 4 visiting us as we get closer 2 creating our (female) repairbots, (giant) r⊙b⊙t gladiatrices, fembots, sexbots & h⊙b⊙ts; now how pimpadelic is that? :transformer: :rockon: :thumbsup: :nerd: :D :) :-o 8) :lol:

dale coba
Technosexuality: Transformation

Re: Stayin In A Haunted House 4 Pay.

Post by dale coba » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:38 pm

Ghosts do not exist, places are not haunted;
but you are haunted by a manic nature.

With no malice, I suggest you get some perspective.

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

KingJeremy

Post by KingJeremy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Even better if someone wants to pay someone else to stay in a "haunted" place then, no?

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:26 pm

It's not better to aspire to earn money at such a farce.

I mean, what kind of a future is there in the being-paid-to-stay-in-haunted industry?

No, this is delusional nonsense. The respectful thing is to make that clear to one possessed by a bout of mania.

1) Ghosts are for entertainers, idiots, and the mentally unstable.
2) "I AM NOT A SPAMBOT!" is an exceedingly manic declaration - made by someone with no ability to perceive how that will make him sound.

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

KingJeremy

Post by KingJeremy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:52 pm

Well, I tend to agree with you on the "this is ridiculousness" point. However if someone wants to pay someone else to stay in a haunted locale, I see no harm in it. You and I may not believe in ghosts but as sure as there are folks who truly believed the world was going to end yesterday, there are those who firmly believe in them. Much like the creationist vs the evolutionist, you won't be able to prove that something does not exist to someone who firmly believes it does. Sounds like a good way to get someone out in the boonies by themselves so you can do what you want to them if you ask me but again, I don't know and had never heard about such things even existing before this post.

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:58 am

KJ,

If the gig even exists, it's rarer than bikini inspector.
Anyone else can do it equally well, and with that huge labor pool, the pay would crater.

I'll take money from any fool willing to pay for nothing; but ghosts or no ghosts,
our manic friend needs to focus on reality.

- Dale Coba

Saya
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by Saya » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:35 pm

fembot_stalker wrote: The first question is - what is your favorite form of combat sports that involve females?
Women's Futbol.
"If the time should ever come when what is now called science, thus familiarized to men, shall be ready to put on, as it were, a form of flesh and blood, the Poet will lend his divine spirit to aid the transfiguration, and will welcome the Being thus produced, as a dear and genuine inmate of the household of man."
- William Wordsworth

RoxxyRobofox
Technosexuality: Built

Post by RoxxyRobofox » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:24 pm

I'd stay in a haunted house for cash if someone offered. There's worse things in the world then being scared. I dunno about any actual jobs that pay people to hang out in supposedly haunted places outside of 'Reality TV host for SyFy' but if you can find someone willing to pay for that sort of thing I wouldn't turn it down.

fnord
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by fnord » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:10 am

snopes.com
Search

What's NewRandomizerHot 25FAQOdd NewsGlossaryNewsletterMessage Board
Home > Holidays > Halloween > Chimera House Contact UsSubmit a RumorSubmit a Photo/Video
CATEGORIES:

Autos
Business
Cokelore
College
Computers

Crime
Critter Country
Disney
Embarrassments
Fauxtography

Food
Fraud & Scams
Glurge Gallery
History
Holidays
Horrors

Humor
Inboxer Rebellion
Language
Legal
Lost Legends

Love
Luck
Media Matters
Medical
Military

Movies
Music
Old Wives' Tales
Politics
Pregnancy

Quotes
Racial Rumors
Radio & TV
Religion
Risqué Business

Science
September 11
Sports
Travel
Weddings

E-mail this page E-mail this

Chimera House
Claim: Somewhere in the U.S. is a famed haunted house attraction so scary that no visitor has ever completed a tour of it.

LEGEND

Examples:

[Collected via e-mail, 1999]

I have heard for YEARS about a supposed "Haunted Hospital" here in Ohio.

Not actually haunted, but a haunted house attraction set in a hospital. Supposedly it's very scary and if you can make it through all the floors you get your money back. And no one ever makes it all the way through.

I've heard this story from MANY people, but NOONE knows exactly where it is. I've heard Dayton, OH Columbus, OH even KY.

[Collected via e-mail, 1998]

The first time I heard this was in middle school in the suburbs of Detroit, MI. There was supposedly a huge "haunted house set up in a 5 story abandoned building in downtown Detroit. The admission was around $25.00 but you could get it back in $5.00 increments with each level you completed. The house was supposed to have the scarriest attractions so no one could complete it. Some of these included: live snakes, spiders, and insects. Secret doors, dropaway floor slides etc. No exact location of the house was ever given. Recently I heard the story again at college in Austin, Texas. On Halloween two of my friends were going to Dallas to try and find the 5 story haunted house but I told them it was an urban legend.

Variations:

Patrons of the haunted house either recover a specific dollar amount per floor completed, or they get all of their entry fees back upon completion of the entire attraction.

The "too-horrifying-to-complete haunted house that refunds money" tale has been heard as a local legend in Oklahoma, Georgia, Oregon, Illinois, Michigan, Texas, Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa, Tennessee, and North Carolina.

Origins: Belief in the mythical "too scary to complete" house of horrors appears to date at least to the mid-1980s, predating even the 1990s burst of popularity that made "haunted house" attractions all the No refunds rage. Every October in communities from coast to coast, such attractions seemingly pop up out of nowhere, complete with gory settings of horrific scenes and populated by a staff of fearsome frightmasters whose only purpose is to elicit screams from those thrill-seekers who've paid to walk through the "house." On a larger scale, amusement parks in large cities are routinely turned into fright-themed after-dark attractions (e.g., Knott's Berry Farm, located near Anaheim, California, reinvents itself on October evenings as "Knott's Scary Farm").

Young and old alike revel in the search for the ultimate scare, constantly seeking thrills that will both shock them right down to their booties yet do so in a perfectly safe fashion. Against such a backdrop, whispers about a "haunted house" too terrifying for anyone to get all the way through fall upon highly receptive ears. Such a house would prove an irresistible challenge to those determined to prove they can't be startled by anything as well as to those who just like a good heart-stopping scare and don't mind paying for it.

This mythical house of terror has been rumored to exist all over the United States. Wherever it's been told, teens who have heard the rumor have breathlessly gone scampering on what would later prove to be naught but a snipe hunt. The attraction they searched for never existed.

Common elements of the rumor are statements that the "house" has a specified number of floors or levels, and visitors are charged an exorbitant fee for entering, but get back a specified dollar amount for each floor or level completed. Ultimately, according to scuttlebutt, those who
complete the full tour get back every cent they paid to get in. In the same breath, however, one hears that no one has yet managed this feat – this place has proved too darned scary for those who've so far tried it. (Some versions even posit that a few visitors never came out the exit, and were later found dead on the top floor.)

To fill the need created by the legend, haunted attractions have cropped up that offer money back to those who complete the tour. These houses aren't so scary they can't be completed, however; they employ a gimmick of some sort that renders them practically unfinishable (such as mazes that befuddle the intrepid). Other spooktaculars of this ilk have been said to employ "monsters" who toss patrons out near the end of the attraction, or to present visitors with an openly dangerous final path to glory that few are fool enough to risk life and limb on.

Wishful rumors aside, the ultimate "haunted house" attraction of all time was the Halloweenified home of Richard Garriott (better known as "Lord British," the creator of the Ultima series of computer games) of Austin, Texas. Garriott's 4,500-square-foot mansion and its three surrounding acres were reputedly something to see even at normal times, what with their dungeon, hidden library, indoor tropical rain forest, trap doors, secret passageways, rooftop observatory and private island. (He's moved since then to larger, scarier quarters.) But every second Halloween between 1988 and 1994, Garriott would go all out, investing more than $100,000 to turn his mansion into an interactive theme park where guests were led through a real-life sword-and-sorcery adventure, complete with monsters and mayhem. The renovations were so extensive that he'd have to move out for the three months leading up to the event to allow workmen sufficient rein to do what they needed.

This fright-fest was in operation for only four years between 1988 and 1994. Only 200 guests a night were led through the manse and its grounds. People typically lined up two days in advance to get in on the adventure. The tour was free (the only cost was the wait to get in), and it was reputedly well worth the campout. Garriott himself claimed to have seen folks going up and down the line offering $1,000 for anyone who'd give up his ticket and finding no takers. (In 2009, Scare for a Cure is once again staging a haunted house attraction at Richard Garriott's legendary estate.)

Not everyone is looking for the ultimate scare, though. In January 2000, a woman filed suit against Universal Studios in Florida, alleging its annual Halloween Horror Nights was too scary and caused her emotional and physical damage. The outcome of the suit is unknown.

Barbara "unsuited" Mikkelson

Last updated: 23 October 2009

Urban Legends Reference Pages © 1995-2013 by Barbara and David P. Mikkelson.
This material may not be reproduced without permission.
snopes and the snopes.com logo are registered service marks of snopes.com.

Sources:

The Associated Press. "Hoax Sends Teens Looking for 'Haunted House.'"
[Dubuque] Telegraph Herald. 31 October 1999 (p. A9).

The Associated Press. "Woman Sues Universal Studios Because Haunted House Was Too Scary."
5 January 2000.

Loohauis, Jackie. "An Urban Legend Returns."
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. 18 October 1995 (p. A1).

Robinson, Gaile "Dungeons and Dwellings."
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram. 30 October 1999 (Home; p. 1).

Sharing Successful!
Share again!

You've successfully shared using Po.st!
Welcome to po.st!