The Nightingale's Song - Part 11

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
ButchyBoy

The Nightingale's Song - Part 11

Post by ButchyBoy » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:11 pm

Both Harry and Betty held their breath as Betty carefully reached behind Cricket's right ear to manually re-activae the robot girl. The sound of motors whirring up to speed, gears moving slowly at first, and lights coming from her exposed panel area, were all heard and seen at once. Cricket flinched just slightly a took a breath. She then spoke in a flat momotone, "New hardware detected..........processing.......hardware accepted....checking main CPU drive.......ok........checking memory.....ok....model 2QXR3 is now online." Her eyes remained closed, but her speech suddenly returned to normal, "That's now two-hundred and fifty times I've saved your life," Cricket said rather weakly and then opened her eyes, looking up at her friend and partner, "Mr. Harry Lang", she said with a faint smile. Harry breathed a huge sigh of relief, smiled and gently put his hand on her sholder. "You don't know how happy I am to hear you say that kid.", Harry said. Cricket continued to smile and placed her hand on his cheek. "You look awful Harry.", she said. "And you look so beautiful.", Harry replied. Cricket smiled and lighty stroked his face. "Get some sleep Harry. We can get the nightingale to St. Louis in the morning." She looked over at Betty. "Are you the one who fixed me Miss Stevens?", Cricket asked. "Yes, and please call me Betty.", the older woman said with a genuine smile. "Why do I feel so tired?" Cricket asked . "Your battery had mimimal power. Now that I know all your new parts took ok, I can give it a full charge now." "Guess I need some sleep too.", the little robot said, smiling as best she could. "There's a spare cot in the corner you can use Mr. Lang. Blankets and pillows as well." "Thanks Doc.", he replied. "And call me Harry."

ButchyBoy

Post by ButchyBoy » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:33 pm

Six hours went by. It was now just before dawn. Harry was sound asleep, as were both Betty and lilttle April. Bill Decker had gone back to his tiny hovel of a residence a few blocks away. As for little Cricket, she had just "awoken" from her re-charge. She had gotten dressed very quietly so to not awaken the others too soon. Daylight was coming through the window and she heard birds singing from outside. She looked at the golden nightingale. "Well, you certainly have caused a lot of trouble in just one night my little friend.", Cricket said to the ruby-eyed bird. It just stared back at her. "And you of course have nothing to say in your defense. I wish you could just tell me what this so important secret is." She pressed the button that started the song it sang. As Cricket listened, she noticed something she heard before. It came from the nightingale. It wasn't something Harry or another human could hear. But it was defenitly coming from the golden bird's mouth. The song ended and she played it again. This time, her eyes widened as she suddenly realized what she had been hearing all this time. "Wowie Zowie!!!!', she exclaimed but in a near wisper. "You are talking aren't you?", she said to the faux bird, looking right at it. "And now I know your secret."
Last edited by ButchyBoy on Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ButchyBoy

Post by ButchyBoy » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:55 pm

A few hours later, breakfast had been made and eaten. After a lot a haggling, and a very stern lecture from Betty about making SkyBall bets with the bookies, Harry finally agreed to give Decker 20 grand for the hovercar that would fly them to St. Louis. "You all set, kid?" Harry asked, as he gathed up thier stuff. "I'll be out in a few minutes, Harry. I need to speak to Beatty alone first. Just girl issues, I'm sure you understand.", she said with a wide smile. Harry did a double take. "Girl issu--", he started to say. "Dare I ask, how long this will take?" "I'll be ready in 15 minutes on the dot, Harry.", she said in her sweetest tone. Harry looked at his watch. "Fine, 15 minutes, then I come back in and throw you in the car." "Yes, Harry", she replied. Cricket made sure Harry was out of sight and then turned to Betty. "I can't thank you enough for what you did last night, Betty. But I need one more ajustment made to my systems." Betty looked at Cricket wondering what she meant, and then saw she was holding the nightingale in her hand.

ButchyBoy

Post by ButchyBoy » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:02 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next: The Big Finale

And yes, really, truely Part 12 will wrap everything up. But now as a famous mystery writer did on a TV show, I turn to the Fembot Central audience and say "Have you figured it out?" What is the secret of the Nightingale's song? Cricket knows. Harry knows Cricket knows but she's asking him just to trust her. So, don't be shy, step up, make you guess and see if your right come Monday! (or even before then if my begging works and i get a lot of replies)

ButchyBoy

Post by ButchyBoy » Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:15 pm

Did the story get that bad? I don't even hear from moon-kittie anymore :(

Dark_Archon
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Human

Post by Dark_Archon » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:20 am

no m8 its a great story sorry i have been lazy by not posting

dubhdanaidh

Post by dubhdanaidh » Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:51 pm

:?:
Last edited by dubhdanaidh on Sat May 09, 2009 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bart
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by Bart » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:12 pm

I really liked April the little girl.. ("Aww.....me no tiwrd", "Ni ni miss Cwicket. Wake up soon") :lol: Made the story very realistic and believable to me - like repairing a fembot on your table at home is quite a normal thing.

Well I still need to click my way back to the first parts to read them. Keep it up :!:
This post was generated by automated means and is therefore valid without a signature.

DollSpace
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by DollSpace » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:22 pm

Hehe..no, the story didn't get bad :-P I just get behind on checking posts, sometimes, is all. I still love the story..very good stuff...and Cricket is so cute.. :)

Can't wait for the next part! :)

Ryn

Dark_Archon
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Human

Story

Post by Dark_Archon » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:00 pm

When its complete please send me a copy of the entire story if you can if not i will go through the archieve ( sorry slightly drunk while typing this) and collect them as over the next week i intend to piece together all the multi part storys and post them in the section in which i am suposed to moderate and do very little of.

l8rz
The super lurker
DA