Natalie's Story

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
NatalieBayer
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Natalie's Story

Post by NatalieBayer » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:19 pm

Hiya folks.

It's been a while since I posted a story that wasn't commissioned by someone else. So, here's a story that I wrote for myself. It features an OC character that I have been cooking up for a few months now, and she finally has her own little introduction! I intend for this to be an ongoing series, and depending on the response it gets, I might write more frequently or not...I might also be convinced to post some of the art work I have gotten of our little robot lady.

Anyway, as usual here's the content warning:
Assembly, Programming.

Anyway. Enjoy and lemme know what you all think!

=======

https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?ti ... %27s_Story
Want a story commission? Send me a DM, a PM, an Owl, a Discord, Smoke signal, parchment wrapped to an arrow, or just a good old fashioned email.

dieur

Re: Natalie's Story

Post by dieur » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:41 am

I liked it!

Makes you wonder what happens to a bot that only saved up half the required amount. Do they go back to the manufacturer and wait for their next job? What if there is no next job? Is the money confiscated? Seems ripe for perverse incentives.

Overthinking 101

NatalieBayer
Fembot Central Staff

Post by NatalieBayer » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:32 am

You say over thinking, i say "story potential"
Want a story commission? Send me a DM, a PM, an Owl, a Discord, Smoke signal, parchment wrapped to an arrow, or just a good old fashioned email.

General
Identification: Human

Post by General » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:04 am

I really liked this story on a couple of fronts:

1. It was a good, digestible length for a single read. Not too long but not too short that it came off like a teaser or a sketch.
2. It did a very good job of building out the character of Natalie. Things weren't spelled out in explicit detail but enough that I think a reader can use their own imagination to fill in as they see fit.
3. I really enjoy the exploration of how a society would deal with sentient or semi-sentient AI and granting rights. I can't see that if someone looks like a human, and speaks like a human (enough to teach children and form relationships with them) that we'd be able to treat them purely like property. However if you just snap your fingers and say "all androids are free" then that's probably the last androids that will ever be build besides boutique models.
So providing a salary of some sort, and enabling units to buy themselves out is a viable path forward. Is it perfect? No, but that creates, as you put it, story potential.

All sorts of fun questions to explore:
What happens to the income or property of a unit that is decommissioned?
Do units have any say in if they are sold or passed on to another owner?
Do units have a say in hardware changes or job duties? "Oh you're a teacher now, but you've been reassigned to pave the parking lot."
Are there charities or NGA's that go around buying up older units that can't otherwise save themselves?
Would companies make and customers want to buy units that are specifically below a certain sentience quotient in order to avoid those new laws?

Anyway great story. I'd love to see where it goes from here.

DollSpace

Post by DollSpace » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:04 am

This is a great story...questions like, does she get reunited with Evan? Are there android students there (18 and over, of course lol)? Does she have ex-students who'll come to visit? How does she look now? Will she meet someone? What will her life now? How long is she expected to remain operational? Excellent story that can easily be a jumping-off point to a fabulous story. :)

NatalieBayer
Fembot Central Staff

Post by NatalieBayer » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:22 pm

I can certainly answer one of those questions. Here's what she looks like now

https://imgur.com/a/yCS3lNM

She's gotta take care of herself. I definitely did write this story with the intention of it being an ongoing series. I really like her, and I am going to write a lot more of her...you know...as soon as I get the time for it between other commissions...

hyperspace51
Identification: Human

Post by hyperspace51 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:08 am

Don’t normally post, but this was good.

As stated by an above review, perfect size and scale for the story. Not overwhelming and totally satisfying. So much story potential!

Great stuff, can’t wait to read more!