Shout-out.

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
Brueckmann

Shout-out.

Post by Brueckmann » Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:19 pm

I wanted to show my appreciation to 1001011001 for “Hollywood” and “Dollsnatcher”.

Exploring the same event from the perspectives of two different participants is interesting conceptually, as has already been mentioned.

I might try something in this vein in the future.

But I especially like the “Dollsnatcher” concept. Cars begat professional car thieves. Scalpers wouldn’t exist if it weren’t for Grateful Dead concerts and the Rolling Stones. If hair didn’t grow, we wouldn’t have The Haircuttery.

Opportunities create the vacuum for opportunists to occupy. So the protagonist occupies a believable niche in the economic cyberecosystem of tomorrow.

I recommend continuing this line. I can see all sorts of possibilities. Wars with competitors, police chases, surprise anti-theft devices on new models, hitting the big-time and sub-contracting smaller jobs to some really dubious personalities, the protagonist just getting in way over his head.

I almost feel like ripping-off your concept!

So I owe you this shout-out.