Stepford Update

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
Sega-boy

Post by Sega-boy » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:23 pm

Did anyone watch Letterman last night? Apparently B.M. was a guest.
#
Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for SEGA.

noidguy
Retired staff member

More photos...

Post by noidguy » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:01 pm

Found these on another site, after following a link from the Nicole Kidman message board referenced earlier.

http://www.hopeless-romantic.net/blonde ... cat_id=561

On Set pics of "Stepford Wives". Looks to me like they're going to have a scene similar to that in "Stepford Children" where the Mrs. speaks her mind at a public gathering and is laughed at.

Svengli

Continueing the...

Post by Svengli » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:36 pm

Continueing the dribbling of information, here's another Stepford photo...
From http://www.milfotos.blogger.com.br/The% ... Wives2.jpg

Well, whether the Joanna character is ultimately replaced by the robot or not, it looks as though the Joanna robot gets plenty of action - there's clearly a supermarket scene and a party scene that "she" is featured in.

If this is a standard Hollywood ending, we can count on the real Joanna escaping from the room that the baddies hastily locked her in or something right at the moment of the party - with a "thrilling confrontation" between her and the robot as the penultimate scene.

But it might be better than that, who knows.

barakuda
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

hope ending is like original

Post by barakuda » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:43 am

I think you might be right svengli. But lets hope its better. i mean she escapes at the party how would she get away or stop her double with all the others there. Im still hiping for a end a kin to the original. No new happy ending. and no ending that really leaves it open. where it looks like the women win but they cut to ending scene with hidden robots still in tact the the creditsOr something like that. they do that a lot in thrillers where they end the movie where you think bad guys are dead but the show final scene with possability some are still alive.

Barakuda

Cybernetique

Re: Faith Hill photo

Post by Cybernetique » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:03 am

noidguy wrote: Image
Okay, since Faith Hill is drop dead gorgeous in the first place (just check out the "Breathe" video if you don't believe me or you've been living under a soundproof rock), that picture and the quote about her "malfunctioning really well" pretty much guarantees that I'll be seeing this one (and with no complaints from the missus either, since she's a Faith fan.) :D

barakuda

hope ending is like original

Post by barakuda » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:42 am

I think you might be right svengli. But lets hope its better. i mean she escapes at the party how would she get away or stop her double with all the others there. Im still hiping for a end a kin to the original. No new happy ending. and no ending that really leaves it open. where it looks like the women win but they cut to ending scene with hidden robots still in tact the the creditsOr something like that. they do that a lot in thrillers where they end the movie where you think bad guys are dead but the show final scene with possability some are still alive.

Barakuda

Svengli

Random Speculation

Post by Svengli » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:25 pm

I just noticed that the video for "Black Velveteen" was listed as a robot-fetish video that KOS-MOS had on CD. I haven't seen it but I scanned the lyrics and they are distinctly ASFR. Isn't it interesting how Nicole Kidman dated Kravitz during the filming of the Stepford Wives?

We can speculate that we're not the only one who get stimulated by these ideas.

Also, I've uploaded my other Faith Hill image from Stepford - editted link now that it's in the fembot gallery.

S
Last edited by Svengli on Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

Post by KOS-MOS » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:13 pm

Another image of Kidman at the party:

via Kidman in the role of her wife Daily Telegraph article

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:31 pm

Matthew Broderick on Jay Leno tonight. Somebody watch so I don't have to. :)

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 pm

Umm. Heh. Did I say Leno? I meant Letterman, but you knew that, right? Oh well.

noidguy wrote:Matthew Broderick on Jay Leno tonight. Somebody watch so I don't have to. :)

Svengli

Small tid-bit

Post by Svengli » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:27 pm

At the Tippett Studios site, http://www.tippett.com/work/production.html, there's a small note on Stepford: "The movie is slated for an early May, 2004, release from Paramount Pictures."

You might chalk this up to website confusion but... Tippet Studios are the ones who are currently working on the film, so they might just know something the movie databases don't. None too certain but interesting.

Also, these days yuppies are starting to look more and more androids to me anyway. A fetish is one thing, reality would be another,

Best Wishes,

S

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:00 pm

I wouldn't put too much faith into the date on the Tippett website. They've had the same info posted for a long, long time. Just recently they took Stepford off of their "news" page and I sent them an email asking if there was any significance to the change. They said there was not, and that they are still working on the project.

Trace Venom
Identification: Android

makes me wonder

Post by Trace Venom » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:06 pm

Whenever I'm reminded of Tippett Studios' involvement in this picture i can't help but think that there HAS to be animatronic scenes of some sort in this movie.

It's not like Stepford would require giant CGI fireballs and flying cars... or would it?

I was even surprised when there was a faint whirring sound as Nicole Kidman's eye opens in the teaser trailer, similar to the sound made by a camera lens shutter.

I don't know...

Svengli

Possible Hold-up

Post by Svengli » Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:14 pm

As mentioned on a couple other boards, there's a further casting call out for the movies.

I whether this will delay the movie. If the rest of footage is being editted already, there might not be any delay.

This does seem to indicate that there's a fair amount of confusion about where Frank Oz actually wants to take the movie - since if he knew he needed this scene before, he'd have filmed them already.

Keep your eyes open,

S

-------------------------------------------
from http://calls.auditions.net/calls/CASTIN ... LROLDO.asp

State: NewYorkCity
Production Type: NonUnionFilm
Posting Date: 20040120
DESCRIPTON:
sag/non-sag background female performers needed by grant wilfley casting for a feature film starring nicole kidman, the stepford wives. there is pay and a sag contract for sag performers.shooting/rehearsal/performance dates/areascene is scheduled to shoot 1/24, 1/25, 1/31, and 2/1. contact/preparation/audition detailsyou must be available on above dates:come looking the partbring headshot & resaudition will be monday - 1/19 from 1pm to 5pm for sag and tuesday - 1/20 from 1pm to 5pm for non-sag at:grant wilfley casting60 madison ave. - suite 1027 - contact reba, nycdo not call
CHARACTER BREAKDOWN:
seeking
females: who look 30 to 55 and can play high-powered business executives, looking for those who have not worked on the film yet

CONTACT DETAILS:

DO NOT SUBMIT TO NOTICES OVER 10 DAYS OLD!!!

andoroido

Post by andoroido » Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:52 pm

Sounds like maybe they're shooting an alternate ending?
(due to the rumors of a certain star not being happy with the ending,
but maybe now all the stars are finished shooting, and Frank Oz can shoot whatever endings he wants involving these extras)

30-50ish women executives does not equal Stepford gynoids, I think.
So maybe a turnabout is fair play ending?

A town of Stepford Husbands?

OR the "the Men were never in control anyway" ending

where the Stepford gynoids were created and tested in Stepford
by these female executives, and the men were the (unknowing?) test subjects.

There have been hints that part of the plot involves the men feeling sort of inadequate or intimidated by their too-perfect gynoids. Maybe the female executives designed them as what a woman thinks a man wants, but the moral of the story is that men don't really want Playboy models as wives, they want real women after all..

Awwwwwwwwww.... *hugs*

andoroido (vomits)

ButchyBoy

Stepford Radio

Post by ButchyBoy » Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:15 pm

They're starting to mention The Stepford Wives remake here and there on the Radio Sci-Fi program out of Orlando, FL. It's on the web at:

http://580wdbo.com

The show is Saturday Nights from 9pm-11pm Pacific Time (adjust wherever your at)

The call in # is 1-800-329-5858

You can listen live from the Web Site. If your like me and no like java pop-ups, just paste this into your Windows Media or RealPlayer

mms://66.250.188.18/WDBO_AM

Svengli

Again

Post by Svengli » Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:27 pm

I found another, not that enlightening, Stepford picture while trolling Yahoo news.

Also the page described the picture as a thriller.

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/17342.htm

These things are often just glitches but you always hope that they're smart to recast as the thriller it should have been from the beginning.

But naturally it's probably just a glitch

S

Triumph

Post by Triumph » Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:40 pm

Thees is the money shot! I'm there, man!!!!
The Poop, the whole Poop, and nothing but the Poop!

keraptis
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by keraptis » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:26 am

The fembotcentral.com main page now has a countdown to the movie's release date ... do we know that for sure, or is the date in limbo now?

noidguy
Retired staff member

Stepford countdown

Post by noidguy » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:35 pm

The countdown is based on the date of June 11. I've heard rumors of a change in the release date but haven't seen anything definite yet. If there's a new date I'll adjust the countdown.
keraptis wrote:The fembotcentral.com main page now has a countdown to the movie's release date ... do we know that for sure, or is the date in limbo now?

Svengli

Another piece of the puzzle

Post by Svengli » Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:27 am

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/tfr/22501281.html

Date: 2004-01-15, 5:08PM EST

Grant Wilfley Casting is seeking the the following for an upcoming feature called “The Stepford Wives”:
Tall, athletic women, all ethnicities, who are good runners and experienced in sprinting. If you meet these requirements, please contact reba@grantwilfleycasting.com and must attach a recent photo. also, please include height and weight in email. NO PHONE CALLS.

-------------------------------------

This is distinct from the ad for executive-type women.

This end of production casting seems aimed at shooting women in various kinds of active activities. These could be Stepford Wives or women showing their freedom.

So it's a clue but doesn't point any certain direction.

Best

S

andoroido

Post by andoroido » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:59 am

Svengeli, I think you're on to something.

The Stepford Wives unleashed on the world! Most of the extras may be playing humans, with a Spepford gynoid in their midst, maybe doing much better than the humans...

In today's world of political correctness, where management training is all about mindless recitation of silly catch phrases from self-help books, the Stepford Wife may be the most-likely-to-succeed in today's corporate world!

And thus the moral of the story is, society is programming us all to act like robots. (?)

But I really hope that the final scenes are of Stepford Wives which have been planted throughout society, malfunctioning in front of everybody, as the whole Stepford project comes crashing down.

andoroido

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:47 am

Now, THAT would be an interesting concept!

Doug

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:06 pm

I got the impression that the Stepford Wives were fitness conscious - jogging, exercising, etc. - from the fact that there exists a "Stepford Spa". There have been hints about this in previous posts. As I've said in chats, this would be a perfect setup for "tuning up" the women instead of "toning up", which of course they wouldn't require.

As for the additional casting calls, you'd have to think the scenes being created are just filler shots since none of the main characters are involved. I assume the big stars are done with this film and have gone on to other things.

On another note, one thing I'd like to see.....maybe on a slow pan of Dale Coba's office we see a large framed photo on the wall of Carmen Electra at the Playboy Mansion surrounded by a dozen other playmates. It is signed, "To Dale, Where would I be without you? Love, Carmen"

noidguy
Retired staff member

Stepford Wives website

Post by noidguy » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:14 pm

I've been checking the stepfordwivesmovie.com url every day and just today I notice it is now redirecting to the Paramount website. No new info, but at least it's a sign that something's happening.