TV > Reminder: Outer Limits DVD Today

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
Will-o-the-wisp

TV > Reminder: Outer Limits DVD Today

Post by Will-o-the-wisp » Tue Sep 03, 2002 5:39 pm

Just a reminder: Today was the release of the Region 1 Outer Limits DVDs, including the "Sex & Science Fiction" collection, which includes Valerie 23. Doesn't include Mary 25, or any other droid eps, but Valerie 23 was a good one.

I tried to get a copy here, but I live in a fairly small town, and none of the locals even know what _The Outer Limits_ is. In fact, the other night I tried to find some Farscape DVDs and ran up against similar brick walls.

Anyhow, has anyone gotten a look at the Outer Limits? Any bonus content?

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Tue Sep 03, 2002 6:24 pm

I back-ordered mine from DVDplanet months ago, and it arrived today - right on schedule. Watched "Bits of Love" for the first time, didn't care for it. Valerie 23 was the same as usual. I wish the 'scene' wasn't so dark and fuzzy. Thought maybe the DVD version would be an improvement. Probably is as far as the 'fuzzy' goes, but otherwise...same as usual. Each episode has an added bonus which isn't anything more than some commentary by the directors, etc. No added footage. The Valerie 23 chit-chat is all about the special effect scene where they move around Valerie's head while she's talking. That and the comment that the actress really knew how to play a robot.

"Knock, Knock."
"Who's there?"
"Boo"

You'd think a properly programmed inorganic wuld have perfect grammar, but no. She ends a sentence with a preposition.

"I'm sorry. This is all the company has provided me with."

Trivia Q: What meal did Valerie cook 'from scratch' for Frank?

If you're a fan of fembots you will be fully satisfied with this episode. Yes, fully! :wink:

fembotfan
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Cheapest place to buy THe outer limits

Post by fembotfan » Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:13 pm

This is a little secret of mine but by far the best deal for any dvd online is
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/
you get the best online price and the shipping is free. here is the addy for the O/L DVD
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=MGD003800
I love this site ( I buy almost all my of dvds from them ).

Cornelius

Post by Cornelius » Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:46 am

An even better site ...

http://www.dvdpricesearch.com

It's a search engine of DVD retailers (Deep Discount DVD included). Simply type in a movie name, and it gives the top 8 retailers, along with any potential sales at each one applicable to that movie. They also list all sales on the front page as well.

Oh, and something better ... if you want to order more than 1 movie at a time, just add the movie to your "compare basket", then when you're ready, it will show the most optimal combination amonst stores, including if a cheaper price can be had by splitting up the order amongst several stores.

fembotfan

yes yes dvdpricesearch is groovy and yet

Post by fembotfan » Fri Sep 06, 2002 4:59 pm

the dvdpricesearch.com just told me what I already knew and that was that http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/ has this DVD cheapest. There selection however is not the worlds largest :? .