Basement Jaxx "Plug It In" Video - A Must See!!!

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
tectile

Post by tectile » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:11 am

I have never been a big fan of Realplayer because of the way it intertwines itself all over your computer but I do have Realplayer classic.
When I try to watch the video It seems to jump from scene to scene kind of like I am only seeing every fifth frame. The audio is fine though.
Does anyone have any idea what I mite be doing wrong?

CyberFlunkey

Post by CyberFlunkey » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 pm

Bart wrote:Ok, I managed to get the streamed file using "HiDownload". I will keep it on my webserver for some days, you can download it under: http://barthosch.dyndns.org/fbc/basemen ... g-it-in.rm

Have fun :D
Thanks Bart!

fection

Post by fection » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:54 am

Oh yes!
I LOVE the cuddly cop!!
I agree the end is a little extreme (a LITTLE?!!!). Shame - but other than that A++!!!!
Sigh.......Cuddly Cop.......
fec.

fection

Should have mentioned this before....

Post by fection » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:37 am

Sorry about this, but I THINK I may have tracked down another potential robo-video.
While I was looking for stills from the basement jaxx vid, I found this site....

http://www.xmixprod.com/artists.html

About a quarter of the way down (under felix da house cat) there's this....

Standing On a Corner Watching Cars Go By:
‘Cyberwhore’ The first single from Felix’s new album ‘Thee Courtship of Devin Dazzle’ is now available on Felix’s new label Rude Photo (Cat# ZRP01). Produced with long time collaborator Dave The Hustler, this 12” is filling dancefloors much like ‘Silver Screen’ did. Cyberwhore features a crunching guitar, pulsating bass line and the sexiest female robot this side of Bladerunner. Click here to check out some streaming audio.

....from what I can tell, the streaming audio link isn't a link, but has anyone heard (or more impertantly SEEN!!) this song?
It could be they're just talking about a female robot's voice in the song, but even so....
fec.

tully

Post by tully » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:35 am

It's house music, mostly. No video to be had, and you're pretty much right on the mark, it's a "sexy" femme robot voice.

kb7rky

Post by kb7rky » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:22 pm

tectile wrote:I have never been a big fan of Realplayer because of the way it intertwines itself all over your computer but I do have Realplayer classic.
When I try to watch the video It seems to jump from scene to scene kind of like I am only seeing every fifth frame. The audio is fine though.
Does anyone have any idea what I mite be doing wrong?
It ain't you, Tec...I have RealPlayer something point or another that came standard with my machine, and it only shows about every fifth frame, as well.

Doug

jpetoh

Post by jpetoh » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:57 am

kb7rky wrote: It ain't you, Tec...I have RealPlayer something point or another that came standard with my machine, and it only shows about every fifth frame, as well.
Doug
Ditto.

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:51 am

fection wrote:Oh yes!
I LOVE the cuddly cop!!
sigh.......Cuddly Cop.......
fec.
You can't have her! SHE'S MINE!!! Mine, I tell you! AHHHHhhhhhh....... :wink:

tectile

Post by tectile » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:41 am

Thanks for hosting the file CyberFlunkey,

After a coupld of atempts at downloading the file I was finaly to see the video intact.
Hope I didn't burn up too much of your bandwidth.

tectile

Post by tectile » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:45 am

Woops,
I meant to thank Bart.
Sorry bout that.

Pleasureunit
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Video

Post by Pleasureunit » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:56 am

Robotmaster,

I echo the sentiments! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!!!! *dropping mechanically to my knees, bending stiffly at waist, offering homage* Those girls were a delight to watch......movements were perfect.....all those foxy locked arms and long legs......mmmmmmm, dreamy. Cute as "Cuddly Cop" was though, I was completely enamoured of the lovely secretarial unit, so much so I went out to Express last night, and put together the tight lil' sweater n' skirt outfit she flaunted.....ahhh, just a creature of many obsessions, hee hee!

Does anyone know who the director is? Fan club address???

Also, my co-worker claims Beyonce is the firefighter robot, Lucy Liu the sports 'bot, and one of the N-Sync boys is the blue-suited fellow. Truth or Bullshit? She also says the company president in the pig mask is the silent member of the Penn and Teller concern, but I really didn't think this is the case. Anyways, with faces on the mind, weren't the expressions of the two guards PRICELESS when they're all blackened with soot, and caught after damaging these plug-in beauties?!?!? I laughed soooo much.

A great, fun video! Thank you again for the heads-up (*BOINGGGGGGG*) :lol:
Queenbot

Cybernetique

Re: Video

Post by Cybernetique » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:36 am

Queenbot wrote: One of the N-Sync boys is the blue-suited fellow. Truth or Bullshit?
That one's truth. It's JC Chavez (sp?), the second-in-command behind Timberlake in N'Sync.

The video is definitely interesting. I think I still like "Electric Barbarella" more, but the cuddly cop and the tennis player both put this one into the top ten, no question. Great find!

freejack71
Identification: Human

Post by freejack71 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:58 am

THANK YOU FOR THAT FIND :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
..............................................................WOW!

RobotMaster
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

MPEG Link

Post by RobotMaster » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:13 am

Hi,

I've been monitoring the thread over at the Living Mannequins board (just in case anyone wants to know, it is at: http://www.freezemodeling.com ). A poster found a site that has the video in MPEG format. It is almost 50MB in size, which was exciting at first because I thought it may have better resolution. However, it actually doesn't seem to be any better than the 8MB rm file that Bart downloaded from the Basement Jaxx site. I am loathe to say it, since I have an equal distaste for RealPlayer files, but perhaps the format is better? Anyway, if you want it, here is the link: http://www.jc-chasez.org/

BTW, I agree it is fun to speculate on who the models are. I like "Mile Heidi" and her delightful outfit. It actually brought to mind the naughty stewardess outfit Ms. Spears wore in her latest video. And she bears a striking resemblance to Kylie Minogue, in my opinion. Lucy Liu and Beyonce are great calls for "Pinky Tennis" and "Fuzzy Fire". The sexy bride bot looks to me a bit like Jessica Simpson. Not sure who the naughty librarian droid looks like. "Cuddly Cop" is also my favorite; I just can't get over the sexy pants and utility belt. It is immensly satisfying that the editors of the video chose to include numerous shots of her mechanical, jerky movements from the waist down! I am fairly certain that this video was shot in the UK with British models (since Basement Jaxx is a UK band), so perhaps some of our friends on that side of the pond can do some more digging, or even get a better resolution copy if it comes out on DVD or HDTV?

I absolutely love when these kind of things come out of the blue and blow everybody away! Makes the long wait for what may be a disappointing remake of "The Stepford Wives" more tolerable. Have a good one!

RM

ISAF
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by ISAF » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:22 am

Thank from Germany :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bart
Identification: Android

Post by Bart » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:23 pm

Woops,
I meant to thank Bart.
Sorry bout that.
No problem :)

Great news I guess: I found a better quality video: http://www.traktor.com/musicvideos/index.html

Direct link: http://www.traktor.com/musicvideos/high ... Inhigh.mov

It's a 45 MB Quicktime movie. It's not DVD quality but way better than the Realplayer file.

Seems like those guys from 'Traktor' actually did/produced this video.
This post was generated by automated means and is therefore valid without a signature.

keraptis
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by keraptis » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:19 pm

Awesome ... let the downloading begin!

dale coba
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by dale coba » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:13 pm

This video is a breakthrough.
They know what we want, which is rewarding.

Give me the Jessica Simpson Bride, in her short gown !
I'd marry her every day, and honeymoon every night !

Dale Coba

~?

Post by ~? » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:24 am

Words cannot express how great a find this video is. :cry:

My deepest heartfelt thanks to all of you who contributed sites hosting the video to the thread - especially Bart for finding the QT version on Traktor's site.

I never thought anything could surpass "Electric Barbarella"...I was wrong. This is without doubt the greatest single example of ASFR ever created! It has every facet covered with the wonderful addition of fetishistic uniforms. My only compaint is that they didn't have a maid; if they would have had a maid instead of a firewoman(what the hell is up with that? female cop fantasies are common but who has female firefighter fantasies?) all would have been right with the world. They even had a panel in the small of their back which is an excellent indicator of their nature. I also should mention the totally hot stance they are in when deactivated (arms slightly bent in front of them, fingers pointing down).

My favourites are Mile Heidi and Cuddly Cop(that cop uniform is the shiznit) but Pinky Tennis and the sectretary aren't far behind.
I am fairly certain that this video was shot in the UK with British models (since Basement Jaxx is a UK band)
They are British but the video was shot in Los Angeles(noted on their website) so maybe some of the speculation about casting is true???

In summary: Kudos to all who helped lead their brethern to the oasis and let's now concentrate on our next goal - insuring that this wonderful bit of media is available to us all in DVD format. Or something like that.

P.S. - I even like the song!

fection

Post by fection » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:39 am

Hey Robotmaster.
Basement jaxx may be brits, but the Second Hand Super Models are 100% American made. I read an article (can't find it now!) that said the video was filmed in L.A.
Sigh - it would have been great to be on the crew! I'd love to see the out-takes.
Strangely, the more I see it, the less I'm repulsed by the ending. If you were looking for a subtext, it's kind of like they were demonstrating one extreme of appearance and then the other, to drive home that 'image is meaningless' point. Or maybe they were just having a blast (so to speak).
Yes, I'll shut up now.
fec.

jpetoh

Post by jpetoh » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:26 pm

Finally saw it in QuickTime.
I want to see the video for the extended dance mix version.
I want an MTV Making the Video special where we find out there weren't special effects, those were real fembots.
Oh.... that was nice.

~?

Re: MPEG Link

Post by ~? » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:22 am

RobotMaster wrote: BTW, I agree it is fun to speculate on who the models are. I like "Mile Heidi" and her delightful outfit. It actually brought to mind the naughty stewardess outfit Ms. Spears wore in her latest video. And she bears a striking resemblance to Kylie Minogue, in my opinion. Lucy Liu and Beyonce are great calls for "Pinky Tennis" and "Fuzzy Fire". The sexy bride bot looks to me a bit like Jessica Simpson. Not sure who the naughty librarian droid looks like. "Cuddly Cop" is also my favorite; I just can't get over the sexy pants and utility belt.
I found pictures of all of these girls and compared them to the video. I have to agree with the opinion of the similar look between Kylie and "Mile Heidi" and Jessica and the Bride, but I think Lucy and Beyonce actually did this video! I have no proof of this but am basing it on the visual evidence and the fact that there are many instances of actresses(Lucy) doing videos and of singers(Beyonce) appearing in other bands videos. If there was one good shot of the Bride's face in the video I might be more definate, but with the short bit where they show her face I can't be very sure.
Yes, I know Lucy has freckles but they are all obviously heavily made up so that would explain the absence of them. I don't know, compare them yourself and tell me why I'm full of crap or not.

Kano

Post by Kano » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:34 am

All I can say is... BRAVO!!!! This is the best ASFR I've seen in a long time. Its a shame that a little known video is better in ASFR content than 95 % of anything else out there. Great find!!!!!

noidguy
Retired staff member

Any stars in this video? Doubt it

Post by noidguy » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:01 pm

Here's a shot of the bride.

I must say I'm not all that familiar with the look of the stars mentioned (cuz I'm an old geezer who is losing interest in the pop culture more and more every year) earlier in this thread, but I can't see a 'big' star appearing in a video such as this in such an anonymous way. If it were Beyonce, Kylie, Jessica, etc. there would be blabber all over the place about it.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Another one

Post by noidguy » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:31 pm

These should probably go in the images forum, but...oh well.

Here's the secretary / librarian.