[MANGA] Chobits vol. 2

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
Otaru Mamiya
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

[MANGA] Chobits vol. 2

Post by Otaru Mamiya » Thu Jul 18, 2002 9:32 am

I saw the second volume on a store shelf the other day. The first volume was pretty good but being prepetually poor (moving out sucks), I haven't had the chance to buy this one yet. Anyone have their opinions?
"Don't sweat the petty things... don't pet the sweaty things..."

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

Post by KOS-MOS » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:48 am

I was out of town when it came out and so far haven't been able to find a copy - it's been sold out everywhere! I imagine I'll be able to find it by next week though. I'll let you know.

Have you been downloading any of the Chobits episodes? The anime is great!

Otaru Mamiya

Post by Otaru Mamiya » Fri Jul 19, 2002 9:19 am

Maybe I'll pick it up at the end of the month when I have a better idea of how much money I have. Nope, sorry. I haven't been getting any of the anime. My poor computer is still on a dial-up connection so it would take days just to get one ep. ;_;

I also saw a copy of Armitage: Dual Matrix that I'm thinking of renting. I think that the Polymatrix OAVs are coming out on DVD too.

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

Post by KOS-MOS » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:09 pm

Polymatrix has been out on DVD for quite some time , but I think they are re-releasing it and doing a 2 DVD package with Polymatrix & dual-matrix.

Hopefully when the first season of Chobits is over they'll be putting it onto DVD. It looks great and the voices aren't annoying, which was a fear I had. I may put the episodes onto CD and offer them as a trade since it seems the majority in this community have clunky connections :/

Otaru Mamiya

Post by Otaru Mamiya » Fri Jul 19, 2002 10:52 pm

Yeah, Polymatrix has been out on DVD for awhile but they (I know that Pioneer released it in the US but I'm not sure who did the original production) cut a few scenes out of the OAVs. I'd rather get the OAV series and maybe Dual Matrix.

I've also heard (can't confirm though) that TokyoPop has picked up the Chobits anime.