TV > Old British children's programmes

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)

TV > Old British children's programmes

Post by 1024 » Thu Jul 04, 2002 2:25 pm

A sort of late update to something I mentioned on the Gynoid Gallery a couple of years ago, "Robert's Robots" and "Galloping Galaxies" are British TV children's programmes that I remember for their part in my developing interest in the female synthetic. Occasional net searches have been largely fruitless but here are a couple of links.

Robert's Robots I only vaguely remember (I was knee high to a small grasshopper at the time), but a rather sharp featured blonde robot has stuck in my mind. Seems she was called Desiree and was played by April Olrich:

http://www.a-i-m.net/AprilOlrich.htm

Galloping Galaxies is a bit more recent, there was one regular gynoid character, but she didn't do anything particularly robotic - it was more of an excuse for corny jokes about having a screw loose and so on. She is the one pictured on the book cover on the link below, number 35. There was one episode that featured another gynoid, a similar style of costume and silver wig, not bad looking if I remember rightly. The episode finished with a nice malfunction scene, no special effects (micro budget kid's TV remember) but she did some good robotic movement and a robotic voice for a line something like "Malfunction! Malfunction! I have blown a fuse!"

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.seymo ... axies.html

Anyone else remember these, or have any more info or relevant links?

Be seeing you...

Nerfherder
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by Nerfherder » Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:08 pm

:D I can't believe it! Someone else remembers Galloping Galaxies! I'm sure that program was directly responsible for my interest in ASFR, I remember one scene where her arm fell off, fantastic!

I haven't found any screenshots or any synopsis of the programmes, however a couple of years ago, I did find a copy of that book in the link.

I also remember Kenneth Williams did the voice of the ships computer.

But I remember the gynoid more!

Be excellent to each other...

Post by 1024 » Fri Jul 05, 2002 2:33 am

35 was played by Julie Dawn Cole, she seems to appear quite a lot on British TV now:

http://www.yaketyyak.co.uk/Celebs%20pag ... wnCole.htm

I don't know who the other gynoid was, she only appeared in one episode. The gynoid character was sent by the chief baddie to seduce the chief goodie so was pretending she wasn't a robot, she did a lot of eyelash flapping and heavy breathing but overdid it in the end and malfunctioned. For some reason she then got confused and ran about kissing everyone :shock: Not bad for a children's programme :)

Incidentally "Robert's Robots" and "Galloping Galaxies" were both written by Bob Block, who also wrote the equally corny (but gynoid free) "Rentaghost".

Be seeing you...