Chappie

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Chappie

Post by Spaz » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:32 pm

So, at the very end of the movie Chappie, we see a female robot being constructed in the basic appearance of a female character killed earlier in the movie....even having a backup of her consciousness uploaded into it. Even though this was the very end of the movie, if there is a sequel, we could see more of her.

http://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?tit ... ry/Chappie
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

xerxes31415
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Re: Chappie

Post by xerxes31415 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:14 pm

Nice find.

That would be nice to see, but unfortunately because Chappie was generally panned by critics, I doubt the sequel will get made.

Saya
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by Saya » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:58 pm

xerxes31415 wrote:Nice find.

That would be nice to see, but unfortunately because Chappie was generally panned by critics, I doubt the sequel will get made.
If "Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2" taught us anything, it is that the opinions of critics rarely matter when it comes to making sequels. So long as studio executives think money can be made and someone is willing to take it on, there will be a good chance for a sequel.
"If the time should ever come when what is now called science, thus familiarized to men, shall be ready to put on, as it were, a form of flesh and blood, the Poet will lend his divine spirit to aid the transfiguration, and will welcome the Being thus produced, as a dear and genuine inmate of the household of man."
- William Wordsworth

Rotwang

Post by Rotwang » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:33 am

I don't remember a single movie ever being greenlit or shot down by critics. Only Box Office figures determine if a sequel gets made. Chappie cost $49 million. It made $31 million domestic and $70 million foreign. The rule of thumb is that a movie has to make about three times its budget to be in the black and remember that the take on foreign is much less than on domestic due to extra distribution costs etc. So with a rough estimate it came about 1/3rd short of the mark. So the sequel is pretty unlikely.