The ARES Project

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
DroidLurker
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

The ARES Project

Post by DroidLurker » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:29 pm

I don't know how many of you out there are avid gamers, but I thought this might be fun to share either way. This is a mod (game modification for the game Fallout: New Vegas, and it allows your in-game character to recruit a fembot companion to travel with across the Mojave Desert.
The mod, found here: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/48621 has two different skins for the gynoid, one white and one human skin, with both versions showing some of the mechanical parts underneath.

A video showing her can be found here: http://youtu.be/H5zQL8KhASA

NukuNookee

Re: The ARES Project

Post by NukuNookee » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:57 pm

Looks awesome, I'm definitely checking it out.

There was a mod in development at loverslab to add a player sexbot TF quest, but it didn't get anywhere, called ROBco advanced sexbots: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/3180-rob ... xbots-wip/
Gynoid Conversion, how can we make you better today?
Latest version 38 beta here. Alternate site here.

Brytestar

Post by Brytestar » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:42 am

I wish that there was an Oblivion or Skyrim version. :(
Sometimes you just gotta look at the Bryte side!

NukuNookee

Post by NukuNookee » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:47 pm

Brytestar wrote:I wish that there was an Oblivion or Skyrim version. :(
There was some discussion on reddit about creating a dwemer steampunk fembot for Skyrim... don't know if anyone actually did it though.

TheShoveller
Fembot Central Staff

Post by TheShoveller » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:18 pm

I uh... I was kind of working on a Skyrim mod for an android race. Didn't get too far, though - about all I did was screw with the regen rates, some initial stats, stuff like that. Made it so "androids" didn't bleed when hit, made the metal "clanging" noise like a shield blocked your blow, they sound like metal chests when you search them, and they randomly drop Dwemer scrap metal. Of course, all that on a PC would be just silly... so I cloned every single Female Imperial Bandit entry and tweaked it to be the same thing, only in android form.

I honestly have no idea how to redistribute what I've done on it, or even if the starting values I messed with post-"I'm going to play as it!" are even any good or not. I used someone else's skin and texture mods, so that might mess with it, too. I haven't honestly worked on it in a long time, though. Think I added a book, too - might be able to dig up the text for it if anyone's curious. I was planning on trying to make a fembot follower, too, but I'm lazy and stupid and got sidetracked actually, you know, playing the game.

Edit: Dug it up - apparently, I was planning on having the journals be clues as to how the player character got to be where they were at the opening of the game, and I think I was going to have it lead into a quest that would involve "upgrades" for the PC, including the ability to breathe underwater and such. I put the first one at the first "Word Wall" you find in the game - if anyone played, they'd know what was going on in the book:

Code: Select all

Day One

Our team found a strange person wandering in the woods.  We wondered if they were in need of any assistance, but as we approached, they attacked us!  Several members didn't make it, but Oleg gave them a good "thump" on the head, and they were out like a sack of potatoes.  The curious thing about this strange, feral person is that when Oleg struck them... it sounded much like two pieces of metal banging together.  Oleg was disappointed, and complained that he wanted to hear "that wet, squishy noise again!"

I swear, our first day on the road, and I believe it will be the death of me...

Day Two

The human Oleg bashed on the head isn't dead!  I awoke to find them staring at me with a blank expression on their face.  I apologized for our actions and tried to explain the situation, but upon further examination, their head was not bleeding at all.  It appeared as if they had metal inside their skull!  After evaluating how many men we lost, we decided to take them along with us.  You never know when the extra hands will come in handy, and if they turn on us again... I'll keep them by Oleg.  He likes making use of his "considerable skills."

Day Ten

Our new friend has proven to be an extremely valuable find!  They seem able to grasp any language presented to them, solve any problem set before them, even manage to find the reagents I needed to finish making some curatives after a nasty meal from Oleg!  They seem completely dependable, always doing what we ask and never asking why.  Unfortunately, their memory hasn't gotten any better - when I ask their name, they keep saying "Air Ore."  I have no idea what type of metal that is, but it seems to be all they can remember.  As such, I've decided to name them "Air!"

Personal note - do NOT let Oleg cook his "world-famous sabercat stew" again.  Or ANYTHING, for that matter...

Day Thirteen

What a stroke of luck!  Our party found a wall with some strange symbols covering it, and a relief of a dragon above it.  Initial findings seem to suggest that it might very well be from the time of our ancestors.  If that's true, then imagine the possibilities!  What secrets this wall could hold!  We've studied it these past two days, yet have had no luck in deciphering it using our texts.  Maybe Air will have better luck then us.  We have noticed a small problem, though - Air seems to be having some issues adjusting to the campsite underground.  Ah, well - going out for fresh air doesn't seem to do any harm.  Air for "air!"  Oh, I must remember to tell that one to Oleg when I go back inside.  He's apparently at it again, shouting and smashing his hammer against any rocks he might find.  Sounds like today's "invisible targets" are Draugr.  Leave it to him to want to fight his ancestors...

Oh, the fame we'll have once we read what's on this wall!

DroidLurker

Post by DroidLurker » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Wow, that actually sounds really cool. Definitely something I'd be interested in if you ever decided to work on it a bit.

Brytestar

Post by Brytestar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:42 am

I still hope that someone might be willing to work on it. I guess that there is hope right.? :)
Sometimes you just gotta look at the Bryte side!

TheShoveller
Fembot Central Staff

Post by TheShoveller » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:14 pm

Well, should I find the inspiration again and manage to figure out how to make a companion with customized voice files (if you're gonna go, go all-out, I always say) it'll most likely be made with some TTS software for that "this person seems somewhat out of place" feeling, even if they're not talking about errors and upgrades and sub-systems and whatnot.

Still, I'm aiming for the Empire State Building and sitting on top of a handful of bricks, so... by the time Elder Scrolls 7 comes out, I might be halfway done.

NukuNookee

Post by NukuNookee » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:19 pm

Here's the Skyrim Dwemer 'droid mod I was thinking of:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1376749-wip-clockwork/

Clockwork Castle, included the "gilded" race, which appear to be dwemer robots...

Meg
Identification: Android

Post by Meg » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:43 pm