COMIC > Dollz

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
DollSpace
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

COMIC > Dollz

Post by DollSpace » Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:49 pm

This is an American comic which focuses on a group of living dolls given the gift of life by the mysterious Dollmaker who are fighting Doktor Doll, who apparently makes dolls by transforming humans into what amount to be androids. It's not clear whether the good dolls (or some of the bad dolls) are androids or actual living dolls, but it's still a fairly enjoyable read. On the whole it's not amazing, but it's decent.

Link: http://www.mycomicshop.com/megastore/se ... Comics-All

Apologies if this has been posted before.

Ryn
Last edited by DollSpace on Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nathan

uhm...

Post by Nathan » Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:30 am

Sorry to be the bearer o bad news, but that title got canelled alongggggggg time ago, in fact it never made it pass it's second issue...there wasn't enough fan suppor to keep it going after the first two. Randy Green, the guy who created it, was disppointed by this, much like any book an artist puts out, he wanted to see where it would go.I thought it would be a good book,but... Oh well, we can't have everything...Maybe someone out there can do more..

til then..

Nathan

DollSpace
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by DollSpace » Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:08 am

that title got canelled alongggggggg time ago, in fact it never made it pass it's second issue
Actually, I figured this because that was all that was listed on the site, and the last issue came out in June...but, at least the first two issues seemed relatively easy to find.

Ryn
Last edited by DollSpace on Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

Post by KOS-MOS » Sat Nov 09, 2002 3:15 pm

Actually, the series was not cancled, it was simply put aside for the time being. Below is a quote from an interview with the series creator/artist.
March 2002 Randy Green Interview wrote:Green said he also hopes to get back to his creator-owned Dollz at some point.

"I have a real keen interest in it, but I can't do it now because I have so much other work," he said. "Later on, if I can find the time, I will re-lanch it. It will be different and I will self-publish it."
I ought to get some scans up from the issues I have [preview, #1, #2]. As much as I am not into transformations there is some very nice transformation art in issue #2 where they have just taken a girl and are about to induct her into the "Church of the Holy Transformation".

It's nice to know that there are artists out there with a real interest in robotgirl related stories/art, so with any luck Green will get back to the series in the near future.

Have a look at this unpublished "bot girl" artwork I have of his. I really ought to get it framed, and oddly enough it was drawn on the back of what was going to be a page from The Dollz #3.

BethBot0101
Banned

Post by BethBot0101 » Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:06 pm

Sounds interesting.

I might get a copy and i'm not ussually into comic books.
World Domination through transformation.

Nathan

Post by Nathan » Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:00 pm

D'OH! i really need to get back in touch with my comics...as of the last year or so, i've been keeping a lid on what i do...so i'm not sure what happen all i heard was something about canelled...oops....heh, uhm? Why do i see that anrgy mob coming my way???

Nathan

Miss Silver Karakuri

Post by Miss Silver Karakuri » Sun Nov 10, 2002 12:04 am

'please ignore the burning torches and pitchforks'

'nothing to see here, nothing at all...'

No we all are mistaken in some form or another don't worry about it Nathan, heck if I were to count the number of times I was wrong about something, I could use the number as a pretty tough encryption key.
Miss Silver Karakuri