[Commercial General Chat] - Post about things you've paid for recently (or considering!)

News about content for sale and subscription sites.
Toastdroid
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

[Commercial General Chat] - Post about things you've paid for recently (or considering!)

Post by Toastdroid » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:45 pm

Thought I'd set up a thread for discussing clips/audio/commissions people have bought recently, or stuff people are thinking of buying, make a nice space for off the cuff praise and critique, plus, it's always interesting to see what other people are buying for recommendations. Less formal than the review thread, since sometimes you don't have time for detail.

Feel free to post about buying stuff in any medium! Bought a video clip recently? Go for it. Thinking about commissioning an artist on or offsite? Post it! Wanna post about audio? Just do it!

To start - I bought this clip a little while ago, it's a little rough around the edges in places ( a little shouty on the monotone), and the model doesn't do nudity, but she's really hot and there's some vfx/sfx in there as well as some decent human-ish robovoice. Pretty good first start I'd say, and since then she put out another clip that I'll think about getting as well when I feel like buying robosmut.

FaceoffFembot

Re: [Commercial General Chat] - Post about things you've paid for recently (or considering!)

Post by FaceoffFembot » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:53 am

My last purchase was Ludella Hahn's Fake News Anchor.

I really liked Ms. Hahn's performance and her continued use of VFX (TYVM Muchacho), but there's still something that doesn't click for me in a fair share of fembots video.

I think it's due to a lack of direction beyond "let's act some fembot tropes" (very well acted tropes, I want to add), which often leads to uneven rhythms and unsatisfactory conclusions. This is a problem also shared by Angela Sommers or Kendra James' productions, where wonderful malfunctions, blank stares and the likes keep happening for no real reason until it's time for the video to wrap up.

IDK, I think I'd like more of a plot to these videos - some of Diana Knight's productions like Recalled or My Roomie Is a Robot had a wonderful back-and-forth between characters with opposing goals, which made them feel very dynamic.

But maybe that's all just me.
Toastdroid wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:45 pm To start - I bought this clip a little while ago, it's a little rough around the edges in places ( a little shouty on the monotone), and the model doesn't do nudity, but she's really hot and there's some vfx/sfx in there as well as some decent human-ish robovoice. Pretty good first start I'd say, and since then she put out another clip that I'll think about getting as well when I feel like buying robosmut.
Looks very nice, I'll give that a try.

Uncom

Re: [Commercial General Chat] - Post about things you've paid for recently (or considering!)

Post by Uncom » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:00 am

Yeah, I noticed that with a lot of those clips too.

It's not really 𝔦𝔪𝔪𝔢𝔯𝔰𝔦𝔳𝔢 when the fembot just starts breaking down because... reasons.

DocHoliday

Post by DocHoliday » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:36 pm

Toastdroid wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:45 pm Thought I'd set up a thread for discussing clips/audio/commissions people have bought recently, or stuff people are thinking of buying, make a nice space for off the cuff praise and critique, plus, it's always interesting to see what other people are buying for recommendations. Less formal than the review thread, since sometimes you don't have time for detail.

Feel free to post about buying stuff in any medium! Bought a video clip recently? Go for it. Thinking about commissioning an artist on or offsite? Post it! Wanna post about audio? Just do it!

To start - I bought this clip a little while ago, it's a little rough around the edges in places ( a little shouty on the monotone), and the model doesn't do nudity, but she's really hot and there's some vfx/sfx in there as well as some decent human-ish robovoice. Pretty good first start I'd say, and since then she put out another clip that I'll think about getting as well when I feel like buying robosmut.

WOW! She nails it for me!! :lovestruck: She easily is my new favorite fembot based off of this video.

I like the simple and short video for a cheap price. The effects are fun, and her appearance and acting are excellent. I love the artificial skin tone and mannequin-like mannerisms.

This link should be posted, and I highly recommend we support her to get more material like this. :lovestruck:

Toastdroid

Post by Toastdroid » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:37 pm

I get that. While I don't really care if there's an "in-video" reason for malfunctions and stuff (sure it's neat, but not really integral), I do think I prefer more gradual rise in intensity as opposed to the sorta stop-start pacing you get in a lot of clips that makes it seem a little more, I dunno, random and inexplicable.

Kano

Post by Kano » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Personally , I believe that the malfunction set up is much easier said than done -especially when they only have 7 , 10 maybe 15 minutes for the whole video and I think many people want them to get right to it. For example, if my TV starts to act up, unless I knock it down or pour water over it, it's without warning and inexplicable & I don't know what caused it to malfunction. Usually, these ladies film by themselves so that makes the setup even harder. I know from when I used to write stories that explaining a malfunction is like a chain reaction headache. Ex. Why was the fembots panel open? Why did the drink spill into the panel? What was she doing there with a drink? Is she able to drink? etc. etc. Trying to make it more "realistic" and explain everything made it much more complicated and time consuming. I could watch a video of a fembot breaking down without explanation easily. I just use my imagination to fill in the blanks. I just bought Ludella Hahns Fake News Anchor and its probably my all time favorite video now. Malfunctions, special effects, monotone, etc.. Highly, highly recommended!!!!

Toastdroid

Post by Toastdroid » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:21 pm

Something I noticed that might've been easy to miss, C4S for some reason has a separate "fembot" category and while normally clips get posted on both there's this one with Tilly McReese that hasn't so it's probably flown under the radar. I haven't bought it but I've seen other stuff with her in before and she's quite good at playing a robot, I don't think anyone's mentioned her here specifically? She's also very, very pretty and I like her accent, so that helps too.

Also good but obscure, bought a couple clips with Reagan Lush a few months back - she's also another model who does the robot well, she's got a very, I don't know how to describe it, customer service type inflection that works quite well for robots - friendly, but clearly artificial.