The great author unification

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Kube²
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

The great author unification

Post by Kube² » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi, i'm back,

I’m trying since a long time to give a well documented and plausible technical background to our fantasy.
This interest impact the choices I made during my studies and finally I’m been lucky enough to find a job in one of the place were we’re creating tomorrow reality with the leading edge technologies of today. :wink:

I’m currently producing a fiction where I try to give the retrospective point of view of a robotic designer in 2050.
(see the topic "technical background for a realistic fembot")
In this topic, along technical description of the 21 century greatest advance in robotics, I’ll give some examples, most of these examples are directly taken from stories of the fembot central authors we all like so much here.
For example author that might be included in a unified technical background would be: (by order of increasing technological sophistication of what they are describing in their stories)
Fection
Bunnybot
BotFriend 2000
BA
And many others.

So the goal is, for example to describe what you can find in a “AutoMates - Candy seductress” (Fection) or in a “CygenPleasuretronics - Kimberly”(Botfriend2000) an explain in simple terms with simple ideas how such systems can be produced in a near (or not so near) future and how they works.

For sure if some authors here have a different vision about “their creation” they can share it with me, and I could eventually remove or suppress the example I taken from there universe.

For now I’m trying to pick up some fembots from the best stories on the site and to classified them, by levels of artificial intelligence, for me there is 3 levels of intelligence.
:arrow: Reactive intelligence: (Example in biological life : Typically insects or reptile intelligence)
It would react almost like an human if appropriately program (case of processors) or "learn" (case of neural networks) but it cannot process any emotions or feelings and cannot have creative ideas. (case of the non sentient robot)
:arrow: Sentient intelligence: (Example in biological life: intelligence type of most of the mammals)
React like an human and can experience emotions and feelings but cannot have creative ideas. (case of the sentient robot)
:arrow: Superior intelligence: (Only example: Human intelligence)
React like an human, can experience emotions and feelings, and can have creative ideas. (Creating such an artificial intelligence is call “the singularity”, because with a such system, technical progress would be driven by electronics brains instead of biological brains.)

So with this classification this would give
:arrow: Reactive intelligence:
-Candy (Fection from “Charlie second hand angel”)

:arrow: Sentient intelligence
-Kimberly(BotFriend2000 from “Kimberly evaluation”)

:arrow: superior intelligence
-Nova (Kishin from all stories)

For sure in each type of intelligence you can also make a classification, for example Candy is clearly a poorly designed reactive intelligence, but a perfectly developed reactive intelligence may emulate humanity with more realism than some “trully” sentient intelligence.

After it is also true that in a lot of stories we can see robotic girls that won’t probably be able to follow a philosophical debate, so they are clearly not of the “superior intelligence” type. But they can express emotions, the question is to guess if it is just an emulation (reactive intelligence) or true feelings (sentient intelligence).

I think a first thing that you can help me to do is to complete such a list. With the models you personally like. For sure there is so much stories that I can't remember all but if some authors or author-fan help me in this task that would be nice.
It is also a good way to re-discovering authors as some of us prefers “stupid non sentient” bots stories and other “very intelligent sentient and creative” bots stories.

So the rules of the games are:
:arrow:
put the fembot you like in order of IA realism (with author and story name if possible):wink:
:arrow:
and try to give her an appropriate IA class
Last edited by Kube² on Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.