Militarized gynoids

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Borias

Militarized gynoids

Post by Borias » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:01 pm

Last edited by Borias on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Svengli

Post by Svengli » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:18 pm

Uh,

I think that when human-like robots become practical they will soon afterward be heavily regulated because they would be an ideal way to commit mayhem by remote control.

Perhaps Asimov's three laws will actually put into effect.

darkbutflashy
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by darkbutflashy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:03 am

The AEGIS gynoid above is by no means useful for military. It's designers didn't even think about protecting it's joints against anything more than dust and water. First rule of attacking a tank is to aim at the joint between chassis and turret. It's the most vulnerable place to attack.

Same for gynoids. If you protect their joints adequately, they will by no means cute or even sexy except for the transformers fans.

dark
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:36 am

Would you feel comfortable around a gynoid that was capable of violence? Would you desire one?
I for one have always believed that for whatever reason people in the west would rather see militarized androids than to see ones that were created for any other function. There's a post here recently of an animated fembot containing limbs with all sorts of weapons. It's totally taboo to ever even consider a feature length movie of a fembot that's anything other than some mercenary or battle machine.

Borias

Post by Borias » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:25 am

Last edited by Borias on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

dieur

Sure

Post by dieur » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:07 pm

If I were actually interested in a bot, it would be as a person, so military capability would only be a rather cool addition.

PsychoKirby

Post by PsychoKirby » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:20 pm

I'm a pacifist. In my opinion military robotics is a waste of resources. And building a super-realistic female robot solely for military purposes? That's as big a waste as you can get. :D
<b><i>"To you, a robot is a robot. Gears and metal; electricity and positrons. Mind and iron! Human-made! If necessary, human-destroyed! But you haven't worked with them, so you don't know them. They're a cleaner, better breed than we are."</i></b>

Ciepher
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Cyborg

Post by Ciepher » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:11 pm

I would like a gynoid to have a bodyguard capacity.
This would be an ideal function for a fembot, in my opinion, especially one that can be realistic enough to function as a human-appearing companion.

I am avaliable to rent from the Automaton Aesthetics Institute for both military and civilian use...

rabiator

Post by rabiator » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:16 pm

I think bodyguard functionality would make sense, once technology is advanced enough.

But for military applications, humanoid robots seem not optimal at all. An autonomous mini-tank, or a robot scorpion with a machine gun on its back would have a much smaller silhouette and be at an advantage at taking cover.

First real life examples exist:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foster-Miller_TALON
The TALON SWORDS is still remote controlled, but once AI is good enough to make it autonomous that kind of vehicle will probably the most common military robot.

EDIT:
The Ciepher unit in the post above looks cute and dangerous - WANT!!

minkwheel

Post by minkwheel » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:40 am

She IS dangerous! ----- UPPER CLASS, BRITISH LASS, GIVE HER SASS, and SHE'LL KICK YOUR ASS. ---it's on her resume. --minkwheel
...From my HEART and from my HAND
WHY don't people understand my intentions?

General
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by General » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:06 am

I have to respectfully disagree with Rabiator on this one. While purpose built combat machines do have some advantages, they are a totally new development line. In military procurement history 'brand new' very rarely wins over modified existing systems.

Plus the SWORDS program has had some snafu's; not quite ED-209 level but close enough.

The problem is the military is very aware of the Skynet scenario and is hesitant to remove the man in the loop from any kill operation. The wide range of UAV's are a good example of a fusion between autonomous and remote controlled, but as recent headlines show those commo lines leave themselves open to tapping and possible subversion.

While the first AI controlled 'shooter' may not be human formed, I think it will go that way as soon as possible. A roughly human sized android, would be able to use any equipment current soldiers do and could be teamed with humans in joint operations.

Anyway, just my two cents.