How do you feel about ASFR?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
pm_uk

How do you feel about ASFR?

Post by pm_uk » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:31 pm

ive been doing alot of thinking of recent about the fetish and how i personally feel about it.
I am also very interested in how members of the forum view the fetish. would love to hear your comments.

Paul.

keraptis
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by keraptis » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:19 am

Some other things the question could mean, all of which have been covered many times in many threads, though no harm in starting a new thread:
1. Do you feel proud, ashamed, or something else to have this fetish?
2. How do you think the fetish is perceived by the mainstream public?
3. How easy or hard is it to have a successful real-life relationship in which there is room to express and explore this fetish?
4. Do you think any elements of ASFR will become "reality" any time soon?

Those are just off the top of my head.

But like Kishin said, please be more specific ... I'm sure this could turn into a very interesting thread.

Puppetmaster16

Post by Puppetmaster16 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:47 pm

Nice questions keraptis, I'll give it a shot.

1. I would say something else - in a way it's difficult because I feel like this would be misunderstood by many people, but personally it's a different way for me to appreciate REAL women and in that sense I find myself lucky. In the end I certainly don't think it's a bad thing, more like a bonus. Still, I am very private about how I feel and most people I know are not aware of it.

2. It is certainly my view that it is misunderstood by the mainstream... probably characterized as some form of deviance. I believe most people would probably class it along with other 'fetishes' like BDSM which is more common, but I think it will gain some prominence as technology improves (for obvious reasons). And at that point, ethics (and the law) may come into play...

3. That one I have yet to know for sure. Writing from a man's point of view, I have had a few relationships in the past where I have been able to share it, and ideally I would hope to share it with the right woman. :) What I have found, so far, is that (to my initial surprise) most women have been fairly open and receptive to it. So if the relationship is good, she will hopefully be understanding about it, and appreciate the fact that you wanted to share this with her. As you can tell from this forum, there are some wonderful ladies out there who also share this fetish, but realistically (and unfortunately) they are relatively few and far between. So the odds are whoever I meet will have never even heard about it before. IMHO, two different people simply can't be compatible on ALL levels, and part of any successful relationship involves being able to learn and try new things with your partner, which of course goes both ways.

4. Yes - although that part actually does not interest me, and I will therefore leave that part of the discussion to others. I am not interested in any 'real' robots, just the 'pretend' ones. :)

pm_uk

Post by pm_uk » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:59 pm

I do apologize for not making myself entirely clear, but you guys have summed up the question perfectly.
Because our fetish is very unique, i was interested in seeing how we all view the fetish personally, how we beleive society veiws it etc.
I personally have had alot of problems accepting it, but have recently come to the conclusion that its not such a bad thing. Its a defining part of my character and learning to accept it is something i have to do.

amazonophile

Re: How do you feel about ASFR?

Post by amazonophile » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:58 pm

pm_uk wrote:ive been doing alot of thinking of recent about the fetish and how i personally feel about it.
I am also very interested in how members of the forum view the fetish. would love to hear your comments.

Paul.
For me it is a kind of default mode. I have extreme difficulty getting real women. I am one of the kinds of people that David Levy was writing about in Love+Sex with Robots who would have a practical motive for ASFR that is why I want a realistic robot that looks and acts as much like a real woman as possible.
"New World Order" is an oxymoron.

WilloWisp
Technosexuality: Built
Location: An infinite distance away in a direction which can't be described in 3-dimensions.

Post by WilloWisp » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:49 pm

I've given a lot of thought recently to the specific motivations which drew me to this branch of ASFR. I see it as the nexus point for several of my other interests:

1) The female form. I'm a man, and I have pretty basic tastes when it comes to women. Nice legs, a pretty smile, an attractive figure... I don't need a stick-thin scarecrow of a supermodel. I just like the shape of women in general.

2) Science Fiction. My first exposure to the word science was coupled with the word fiction. I was about 5 years old, and someone was explaining why a show I had seen on TV had redeeming qualities, despite also featuring monsters, aliens, ray guns and robots: It was Science. Science Fiction.

3) Illusion. Part of my fascination with science fiction was understanding the technology described, and imagining ways such fantastic devices could be real. This fascination extended to figuring out other puzzles, including stage magicians. I've fixated on all manner of special effects, from the digital illusions of CGI to the most basic of all practical effects.

I don't honestly know to what extent my involvement in this branch of ASFR was influenced by a Galatea syndrome. Personally, I believe it was a direct offshoot of the above interests, although there may have been some personal trust issues at play. I believe that there are several different directions which can easily lead to a sexual interest in robots, so I doubt we all went down the same paths. Certainly, we each have our own little quirks to the fetish: Some want to control, others want to be controlled. Some want to build, others want to convert. Some want stiff, emotionless automatons, others want elaborate simulations of human form and personality.

It's a complex fetish, to be sure.

sparky

Post by sparky » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:00 pm

I just think robot chicks are sexy.. realistic looking ones or non realistic looking ones it doesnt matter and it doesnt bother me at all...altho i do keep my Fetish a secret i enjoy it that way..its just there for me when i want it...

some of ya'all might laugh at me for this but DOT Matrix from spaceballs was one of my favs of all time...tho joan rivers had to be the damn voice..errrr

but anyways yeah there's my two cents not much but hey its something..

and its not like i cant get girls or anything i like human girls just fine as well...but I also like robot chicks...lol yeah double the fun!!!!

- Spec
yo

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:55 am

1) The female form. I'm a man, and I have pretty basic tastes when it comes to women. Nice legs, a pretty smile, an attractive figure... I don't need a stick-thin scarecrow of a supermodel. I just like the shape of women in general.
That is one thing among many that would describe my ASFR tastes. I'm not
at all fixated on the standard impossibly "beautiful" blond (or not so blond)
types that are often maniped here. I'd like to see more "everyday" types and
ones of different ethnicities as well. An "average" looker who suddenly
malfunctions or otherwise is revealed to be a fembot to me is sexy as hell.
Like Willowisp said above and I'll add here, I'm simply attracted to the female
form,while the face cannot be hideous,if it (the face) is obviously feminine
and is accompanied by a great figure and all fembot I'm genuinely satisfied.

GZ02
Technosexuality: Built

Post by GZ02 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:00 pm

I think people who participate in any fetish should already have in themselves a certain sense of creativity and an amazing imagination. Accordingly, the more elaborate the fetish, so be it for the individual. In that sense, I feel rather proud to have an interest in ASFR. After being an FC member for almost six years, and seeing many different aspects of this particular kind of fetish, I’m amazed at the scope and variety of opinion out there. I never knew that there even was a fetish dealing with this kind of subject so it was a pleasure finding out that there’s a strong, distinctive group of like-minded people who like the same material overall. I don’t really bring up the subject at parties though. I’m sure most people here would agree that, in spite of any sense of pride they feel, it’s still a very personal thing. I’d feel very uncomfortable about it if my friends found out.

I don’t think people in general are aware of the fetish itself but I do think there is an awareness of the “what-would-you-do-if-you-could-have-sex-with-a-robot” premise, especially if you look at the history of film. From Metropolis to Austin Powers, where there are strong ‘robot/machine/AI’ themes, I’m sure many people have explored the possibility of using artificially created surrogates for sex, love and companionship. So much so that it’s becoming a mainstream choice of though. However I don’t think people are as yet ready to engage in pondering about the actual act of sex with robots or living with an artificial companion and still dismiss it as abnormal, negatively showing that those who wish for it have some sort of mental disorder or are socially incapable of forming actual relationships. Well, maybe and maybe not. We’re social and curious animals in nature, the gift/curse of having a big brain; and those are traits that have kept us alive as a species, and I think those instincts will eventually encompass artificial beings as well.

3. How easy or hard is it to have a successful real-life relationship in which there is room to express and explore this fetish?
That’s a tough one. I suppose it all depends on how open your partner is. I think couples who already engage in various types of roleplay may find it more acceptable to engage in. Unfortunately for me, I’ve never gotten that far in expressing my interests with someone else for fear I might be turned away, or left holding the bag (so to speak). I’m single right now so hopefully that presents a window of opportunity…

…Any ASFRians of the female persuasion here in T.O. lookin’ for a good time? >;}

They’re already here. I’ve seen lovedolls with gyrating hips; AI interfaces that can hold a rudimentary conversation, at best; live chatrooms; virtual websites…

In my view, all the individual elements are already out there. As far as everything coming together in our lifetime (and I’m 38), I don’t think we’ll see anything like that until I’m in my 80’s or 90’s — on the assumption I make it that far.
At the risk of sounding too vague, the technology has a long, long way to go but, as we’ve seen with the ASIMO, the Actroid (and various offshoots), and the AIBO, there will come to pass huge advances in design and computing power in a comparatively short period of time. There are whole terabyte hard drives that are commercially available right now — I purchased my top of the line 60G computer a short five years ago. It will be inevitable but hardly immediate. Other issues like cost and power consumption will, I’m sure, be huge issues (I don’t think there will be such things as ‘green androids’ — at least until technology improves). In any case, I’m going to start saving so I can move to Japan in a few decades.

Tio

Post by Tio » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:56 am

I feel rather happy about this fetish. I find it is none harmful and not as bizzarre as some of the stuff I have heard of.

I think that depends on how you tell it. Most people I meet dont know about it but when you then point out the sexiness of some hollywood robot girls and also put to them the question 'Wouldnt you like a sexy robot who did whatever you wanted?' most people say 'why yes, I can see that'.

Alot of my friends know that I have this fetish and I dont mind explaining it to them, it stops the ignorance. I found that after explaining, alot of my female friends became very interested and like to read my stories.

Really easy. I find the main reason people have for not mentioning their fantasies is embarrassment. But if you cant tell your partner everything then what is the point of the relationship.

I just explained to my partner (and several before him) what I likes and why. I also had them read the manga 'Doll' as it expresses what I like really quite well. I also pointed out I didnt need it all the time and that I wanted to hear their fantasies and help to indulge them as well.

Currently I also webcam for some very nice people. I find that helps. I dont get naked or anything that my partner would mind but it does give me a space in which I can malfunction for an appreciative audience.

Probably by the time I am too old to enjoy it. :)
"I wish I could at least 30 percent
Maybe 50 for pleasure then skip all the rest"