The Baron's Belated 10th Anniversary

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Baron

The Baron's Belated 10th Anniversary

Post by Baron » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:31 am

And what an Amazing Journey it has been!!!
Hard to believe Noid's humble yet sincere idea for a unique website has become a "tween!" Where the HELL did all that time go?

Out of all the many ASFR-related sites that have come - and gone - over the ensuing years, this place stands alone as THE launch-pad and primo repository for all the many ways our shared passion can be expressed / enjoyed. And I've yet to become involved with any other online {or offline, for that matter} community that A - truly acts the part of a prospering community; and B - constantly finds SO many was to creatively keep the community momentum moving ever-forwards.

I was fortunate enough to stumble across Noid's then-one-month old Gynoid Gallery in the summer of '97, and that's when I immediately decided to become active in the community. Remember, having an online outlet exclusively catering to the "fetish" was quite the novelty ten years ago. My first contribution to this place wound up becoming something of a minor obsession with Noid. I recalled seeing an episode of "Love American Style" that featured gynoid content to him, but it was a good 3 or 4 YEARS before Noid found some online evidence to prove my recollection!!! Now THAT'S what I call perserverence and determination, my Friends!!! :wink: {BTW - the LAS vignette in question is of course "Love and the Perfect Wife"}.

Noid long ago forgave me for sending him off on such a "snipe-hunt," and I'm proud of the friendship that developed between us as a result, so it's all good. In time of course, I cultivated several other warm friendships here, and began to make regular contributions for a good eight years before offline personal circumstances forced me to drastically curtail my high profile visibility here. One of the catalysts was the fact that a bit of my offline life also became part of my online life {both on this board, and several others} for a brief period before blowing up in my face, which disturbed me quite a bit. Crossing a theoretcal "line" was not something I was ready to deal with. Then too, I was also a bit burned out on the whole notion of fembots in general, so my "reclusion," if you will, was probably something I needed.

Although deep in the shadows, I still kept up with this place - and was still amazed at the continuing growth and positive input. The community here, and as a general whole, proved to be as sound and viable as I remembered it to be from when I was active. And knowing tht it would still be here for me when I was ready to return lifted my spirits tremendously, and made the shit on my brain back then much easier to deal with. Over time, the "issues" lost their intensity, and I've been slowly returning to being active in the community again as time, healing, and circumstance allows.

Whether or not I resume full-time activity remains to be seen; progress has been made outside of this arena, but I'm still not quite "fighting fit" yet. Time will tell, as it always does. But for now, I WILL take some pleasure in celebrating both my time here, and in the fact that The Community itself thrives and prospers - and shows no signs of stopping anytime soon..

LONG may it continue!!!!
Cheers, my Good Friends!!!
Until Next.

Baron Latos
Assemble the ladies? I didn't know that they were broken......

The Collector
Banned

Post by The Collector » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:57 am

Has it been that long?! Wow, I can still remember it all started for me with one night when I was just looking around, and thought, "hmmm Female Android"?

Next thing I know, I'm at Female Android Cornucopia. And if I'd known then what I know now, I'd have 'Collected' EVERY SQUARE INCH of that place! :lol: My first ASFR story was Kishin's Electric Destiny. Dude, you gotta RE-post that here!

I loved the pages Noid made on his site, the Gynoid Gallery. Think my fave was for Betty in Twisted. This one pic had this caption, "Stacked, Packed, and Completely Whacked!"

Meeeeeeeemories! :lol: :lol: :lol:

bilbo
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by bilbo » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:46 am

Congratulations to you on this milestone!
Gromit is dead long live Bilbo

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:49 am

Hey Baron! Good to see you're still bringing it home. :D (ad slogan used by frozen pizza company, for those who don't know what i'm talking about)

Like you I've retreated a bit these last few years, but I'm still around. And I'll continue to poke my nose in here until something better comes along.

Here's to another 10 years!

Baron

Post by Baron » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:58 pm

Kishin wrote:Wow...Someone still remembers ED?

Hmm. I don't think I even have a backup copy anymore.

I do still have all the handdrawn character designs and story in hardcopy in a folder somewhere. But actual text files?

Hmm. Well if someone wants to repost it (I'm sure someone else is out there with it) thats cool.

BARON! Glad you are still alive and kicking, and I hope you'll remain among us in whatever capacity you are able and comfortable to be in.

Thanks, Kishin!!!
I'll be around here at odd moments for quite some time yet - there's a cache of stuff I re-discovered today that I never got around to putting up here when I was 100% active.

The Baron will strike again.......... and again............ and again............. and another time, never fear!!!

:wink: :mrgreen:

Baron

Post by Baron » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:16 pm

noidguy wrote:Hey Baron! Good to see you're still bringing it home. :D (ad slogan used by frozen pizza company, for those who don't know what i'm talking about)

Like you I've retreated a bit these last few years, but I'm still around. And I'll continue to poke my nose in here until something better comes along.

Nice to see you again too, Old Man!!! :wink:

And still getting good mileage out of that DiGiorno's tag-line as well, I see!!! :mrgreen:

Seriously, Noid - the legacy you left behind pretty much speaks for itself, and I'm just one of many who appreciate all you've done for the community, as well as our friendship. Thanks a HEAP, Mate!!!!

BTW - that cache I found today contains several of my originnal GG movie reviews, which Noid had saved on his hard drive during one of the early moves between servers. He bundled several of them together and sent them back to me at my request, so I could re-post them {some of which are deep in the archived threads here} - but not before labelling the collection "In Review: The Baron Brings it All Home!!" :P

Always did feel a bit hungry after leaving this place, back then - now I know WHY!!!! :twisted:

Nathan

Post by Nathan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:53 am

Ah hell! It's been that long? Wow i was still in high when i stumbled onto this place.(back then a site) Wowzr does time fly by. Anyways, good to see ya back Baron. ^^; (wonders if its a good idea to post the newest update of the mascot)....

Nathan

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:49 am

Can't believe it myself. Congrats from me as well. :) I've been involved for just as long a time and I remember my initial amazement of the fact that there were not only other fembot lovers in the world but that some damned body was crazy enough to create a website for such!! :D
I every now and then have to "pinch" myself to believe this and similar ASFR material exists!!
I can never tier of the subject of how one discovers their intrest in ASFR and the discovery of this and other ASFR sites. :)

tectile

Post by tectile » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:18 am

Hey Baron,

It's good to know you're sticking your toes back in the water. I too have been hanging around this community for some 10 years and it's really been interesting watching things grow and change.

Your reviews were always aces in my book and one of my favorite things about the old GG.

From one old timer to another, congratulations and I look forward to any contribution you see fit to make in the future.

Keizo

Re: The Baron's Belated 10th Anniversary

Post by Keizo » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:51 pm

Baron wrote: I was fortunate enough to stumble across Noid's then-one-month old Gynoid Gallery in the summer of '97, and that's when I immediately decided to become active in the community. Remember, having an online outlet exclusively catering to the "fetish" was quite the novelty ten years ago.
We're, like... OLD and stuff. Heh-heh heh-heh-heh-heh.

The GG was my first encounter with any online forum addressing this most interesting of interests. Thanks Noid, and good to see you still around Baron. Like the both of you, I have also stopped being as active, but my imagination hasn't. It's quite overactive on a daily basis and it mostly involves babebots! Ah. So it's been ten years now for me as well, eh? Thanks a lot for the reminder, Baron! :evil: :D

keraptis
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by keraptis » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:17 pm

The Gynoid Gallery was not the first site to give me that "Oh my God, there are other people out there like me" moment -- that honor goes to Robotdoll's asfr.com site, which I stumbled onto back in 1997. But like a lot of you I soon found my way to Noidguy, Monza, Kishin, Rotwang, Dosman, and the various other people who created the sites that laid the groundwork for this online community.

In the years since FembotCentral was born, this site really has been THE place to go to interact with thoughtful, intelligent, and highly varied fans of the robot fetish. I'm proud to see how our community has thrived and grown, and personally thankful to the site's creators, admins, and contributors for keeping it alive and constantly fresh.

And every time somebody stumbles onto this site and has that "Oh my God, there are other people out there like me" moment, I always smile. Because that's a pretty cool thing.

ANDROID69
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Android

Congrads BARON

Post by ANDROID69 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:33 pm

Hey BARON & Fellow ASFRains,
WOW!!! Ten years already!!! Congrads ol' friend & too the others at 10 yrs congrads s well. I too am part of this 10 yr group:) Around March of 97, I had just finsh Law Enforcement/Physical Security school at Lackland Air Base in Texas SAn Ant. & went to Seal Beach CA at the Naval Weapons station for a 3 yr tour. My asfr revaltion happened on one of my off days. My roommate at the time had a computer & let me use it. Well while searching around on aohell (which I still use lol) I got courious & type female robots & WOW!! the sites that came up, Robotdoll's was the first I went too (wish you'ed bring back a free site man Robotdoll yours was the shizzzzz nit lol) then went to Noids & the others. Robolver, Kishin, Noid, & few others were the first fellow ASFRains I met on here & still today regard them & all you fellow ASFRains as true friends. I do hope the old sites come backas well as the ol Mirc chat room we had, man I miss them night just hangin around we had some fun back then. Again folks congrads & let hope for a 20 & 30 yrs, Ann. Keep in touch folks,

Always your fellow ASFRain
PETE#69/ANDROID69
<click> Your Fellow ASFRain & friend
PETE#69/ANDROID69

Baron

Post by Baron » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:25 am

tectile wrote:Hey Baron,

It's good to know you're sticking your toes back in the water. I too have been hanging around this community for some 10 years and it's really been interesting watching things grow and change.

Your reviews were always aces in my book and one of my favorite things about the old GG.

From one old timer to another, congratulations and I look forward to any contribution you see fit to make in the future.
10-Q, Mate!!!
There will be more issuing forth from "The Manor" as time allows; I've pretty much done the wole "multimedia" thing {general posts, reviews, manips, stories} already, so there are many options open for the future. I'll likely flit back and forth, but I'm still quite a ways off from challenging Fection's "Candybot 007 - Worst Spy Ever" in terms of genius......
:wink:

Baron

Re: The Baron's Belated 10th Anniversary

Post by Baron » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:39 am

Keizo wrote:
Baron wrote: I was fortunate enough to stumble across Noid's then-one-month old Gynoid Gallery in the summer of '97, and that's when I immediately decided to become active in the community. Remember, having an online outlet exclusively catering to the "fetish" was quite the novelty ten years ago.
We're, like... OLD and stuff. Heh-heh heh-heh-heh-heh.

The GG was my first encounter with any online forum addressing this most interesting of interests. Thanks Noid, and good to see you still around Baron. Like the both of you, I have also stopped being as active, but my imagination hasn't. It's quite overactive on a daily basis and it mostly involves babebots! Ah. So it's been ten years now for me as well, eh? Thanks a lot for the reminder, Baron! :evil: :D
Sigh.
Keizo, since you're an old friend too, I'll be honest - I'd be lost without my clandestine bottle of "Just for Men - Mustache and Beard" hair dye!!! :shock:

Not that "39-and-x-months" {as Jack benny would say} is ancient, mind you - I'm just not quite ready for the "distinguished professor; with the salt-and-pepper beard, Sherlock Holmes pipe, and neatly sewn leather patches on his sweater's elbows" look yet, you know?

Besides, a couple months back I began updating my stage wardrobe - the first thing I got was a bright red T-shirt with a HUGE Beavis {as "Cornholio"}, screaming "Are you threatening me??!!?!? :twisted:

Baron

Re: Congrads BARON

Post by Baron » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:37 am

ANDROID69 wrote:Hey BARON & Fellow ASFRains,
WOW!!! Ten years already!!! Congrads ol' friend & too the others at 10 yrs congrads s well. I too am part of this 10 yr group:) Around March of 97, I had just finsh Law Enforcement/Physical Security school at Lackland Air Base in Texas SAn Ant. & went to Seal Beach CA at the Naval Weapons station for a 3 yr tour. My asfr revaltion happened on one of my off days. My roommate at the time had a computer & let me use it. Well while searching around on aohell (which I still use lol) I got courious & type female robots & WOW!! the sites that came up, Robotdoll's was the first I went too (wish you'ed bring back a free site man Robotdoll yours was the shizzzzz nit lol) then went to Noids & the others. Robolver, Kishin, Noid, & few others were the first fellow ASFRains I met on here & still today regard them & all you fellow ASFRains as true friends. I do hope the old sites come backas well as the ol Mirc chat room we had, man I miss them night just hangin around we had some fun back then. Again folks congrads & let hope for a 20 & 30 yrs, Ann. Keep in touch folks,

Always your fellow ASFRain
PETE#69/ANDROID69
PETE!!
Good to see ya agian! And, letting the "real" world intrude into our happy haven here a wee bit, please accept my thanks for your Service to Our Country - I support ALL our troops 100%!!!!! {If I didn't, my brother, a recently retired Army Lt. Colonel would have me as a gunnery target in short order! :wink: }

Ol' friend, your post is where I'll drop my minor bombshell - this past spring, I had the distinct {but unexpected} pleasure of meeting ROCHELLE SWANSON in person!!! To make matters worse, she was in the audience at a local show my band was playing - and she LOVED it!!!! For those of you who might be wondering, Rochelle is famous in fembot terms for her small, but POTENT role as the mechanical cocktail waitress in "T-Force." She also starred in "Cyberzone" {aka "Droidgunner,"} where she had a few scenes impersonating a "pleasure droid."

I actually "met" her last fall, through a friend of hers on MySpace. On my profile page there, under "who I'd like to meet," I had posted Rochelle's pic as a semi-joke, then forgot about it until her friend joined my network. We got acquainted, and she told me she's known Rochelle since they were both kids. LSS, the friend promised to catch a future show - little did I know that she was going to bring Rochelle along with her!!!!

Seems Miss Swanson was a bit curious about this nutty drummer who had a thing for offbeat sci-fi. Well, when we were finally introduced, you could have knocked me over with a feather - Rochelle is STILL as gorgeous as ever. I didn't mind a bit that "in person" there were no green "info-scrolls" flashing within her lovely brown eyes, but I was blown away by her seductive sense of humor - just like her character in T-Force!!! Had the Lady Latos not been there with me, I would have been SORELY tempted to "make EFFICIENT use of robotic resources!!" :twisted:

I settled for planting the seeds of a warm and still blossoming friendship. Rochelle doesn't act so much currently; without violating her confidence, let's just say that she's "seen enough" of the way Hollywood REALLY works, and is content to pursue other interests. She understands {and basically appreciates} the whole ASFR thing, and I've actually persuaded her to visit this place, which she did not too long ago.

Before things get out of hand: she generally liked what she saw, she appreciates her recognition - but prefers her privacy, and she wishes all ASFR-ians well. As she told me afterwards "With friends and relatives as either 'Trekkies' or 'Star Warriors,' and with my own career experience, I've seen enough sci-fi to know good from bad. And the place you showed me was pretty good!"

And thus, in a way, I've come full-circle during my decade here. Not a bad accomplishment, considering the humble origins of both my "ASFR-outing," and the modest {but still sincere} first efforts of Noid himself, way back when. From fantasies about gorgeous synthetic women, to meeting a gorgeous woman who PLAYED a synthetic one - I'd say I'm a rather fortunate bloke, no? Like I said in the kick-off to this thread, it's been an Amazing Journey so far, and one I'll continue enjoying for quite some time yet!

Ever onwards, my Friends!!!! {and PLEASE stay SAFE, Pete!!!}

tectile

Post by tectile » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:18 am

Wow, you're one lucky guy Baron.

The only people I meet at band gigs are boring drunks and horny fat chicks :(
I got to get a new agent :)

Mirage
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by Mirage » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:37 pm

It's still good to see the old gang still hanging around. I remember when I joined, I was like, wow, I am not alone.. It was Kishin stories that made me discover this community.

I think it was at FA or gynoid.com when I first posted, I didn't felt I was worthy posting from all theses talented people. Then with HREF encourament, I posted more and more stuff...

and the rest is history.

It's nice to see it still growing...

Mirage

mysticblueca
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by mysticblueca » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:40 pm

Man it feels just like yesterday that I stumbled across the Gynoid Gallery. I learned of many movies that I had no idea about from that site.

I agree that it is good to see that this site has stood the test of time and will remain in doing so with the help of a great community that we all have created here. I may not say much every now and then but I have been seen the many web sites that have come and gone LoL.

:D

Baron

Post by Baron » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:24 am

droidlvr wrote:Can't believe it myself. Congrats from me as well. :) I've been involved for just as long a time and I remember my initial amazement of the fact that there were not only other fembot lovers in the world but that some damned body was crazy enough to create a website for such!! :D
I every now and then have to "pinch" myself to believe this and similar ASFR material exists!!
I can never tier of the subject of how one discovers their intrest in ASFR and the discovery of this and other ASFR sites. :)
Whoops!!!
Sorry I missed this earlier, but a sightly belated thank you too, Mate!

The odd review might crop up now and again, droidlvr - there's quite a few I haven't done yet, and I might update some of the "golden oldies" for the benefit of the newer members here. Besides, I confess to missing the regular opportunity to "do some carving" on the turkeys Hollywood's been dumping on us for so long................... :twisted:

Stay tuned!

Baron

Post by Baron » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:34 am

tectile wrote:Wow, you're one lucky guy Baron.

The only people I meet at band gigs are boring drunks and horny fat chicks :(
I got to get a new agent :)
:shock: :?
Ever try the "D.I.Y" option?
It's a little difficult at first, but once you figure out how the game is played {and the good deals are struck}, you won't EVER want anyone else to "handle" you. And this will be reflected in the type of crowd you draw, too. :wink:

You could call me "lucky," and I'd agree, tectile - but I've also put many MANY long hours into honing "the craft" over the years. So by now, I'd like to think I've learned SOMETHING useful, along with my good fortune.....
:)

Baron

Post by Baron » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:26 am

Mirage wrote:It's still good to see the old gang still hanging around. I remember when I joined, I was like, wow, I am not alone.. It was Kishin stories that made me discover this community.

I think it was at FA or gynoid.com when I first posted, I didn't felt I was worthy posting from all theses talented people. Then with HREF encourament, I posted more and more stuff...

and the rest is history.

It's nice to see it still growing...

Mirage
Hey, now - don't go selling YOURSELF short, mirage!!! You're as talented as anyone else around here, and your unique style has carved your own niche in the community. I myself nodded in your direction, when I posted my "SVU-TNG" story here earlier this year. For you, and for anyone else here who might be itching to get their creative feet wet, please allow some friendly advice.

Don't be over-awed by the sheer amount of talent around here; think of this place as a simple clearinghouse that's open to any and all creative notions {so long as certain moral / ethical lines aren't crossed}, and then just JUMP RIGHT IN!!! The "audience" here is second to none - intelligent, encouraging to a newbie, thoughtful in their criticisms, well-spoken in their admiration {and their objections}; in short, THIS community is the ideal audience virtually all creative-types dream about! {You of course know all this already, mirage - my thoughts are aimed at the newbies.}

In today's world, ten years is a LOT of history, gone in the blink of an eye. When I was new here, Lycos was the top-dog search engine; Google was still beta-testing, as was eBay; there was no YouTube, or MySpace; "blogs" didn't even exist; FTP-servers then were balky, prone to frequent breakdowns, and easy prey for the hackers. Hell, back then a DSL-hookup was "Buck Rogers" material to the vast majority of us who were still in a bit of awe about the 56k phone-modem!!!

Then - a 120-meg RAM was "gee, whiz." Now - if you don't have at least 1-3 gigs of RAM, you're still surfing in the Model T Age. Then - you were amazed to find "somebody else online" with a passion for fembots. Now - you're comfortably part of a busy, dynamic, and prospering Community.

Get the picture? :wink:

All of us "Veterans" worked damn hard in the early days to ensure a future for this place, should we no longer be able to remain on full-time active duty - and I'd say in all honesty that we succeeded pretty well, IMHO. While none of us Greybeards are contemplating permanent retirement yet, it's still nice to know that a "second wave" of devote`es is already present and waiting in the wings.

I believe it's called a "legacy," no? :wink: :mrgreen:

And yes, I'm quite proud to have something to leave behind, "when" the End finally comes.........

~?

Post by ~? » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:44 am

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Baron. I too fondly remember those halcyon days back in 1997, all the favourite sites like GG and FAC (those clips were so cool!). Dial-up was the standard, Alta Vista and Lycos were search engines and google was still just a number (googol).
I really enjoyed your Rochelle Swanson story. She was the ONLY good thing about Cyber Zone, although I still wish she had played the dancer in T-Force rather than the waitress.

Glad to see you back, and good luck with the band and everything.
~?

hypero2
Technosexuality: Transformation

Happy Anniversary

Post by hypero2 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:08 am

I too would be remiss if I didn't offer my congratulations and express my thanks for 10 yrs of letting me know 'I'm not alone out there'. I first met Noidguy over 10 yrs ago after I posted a message to the SciFi Bulletin board about 'a robot who was slapped and her facemask popped off, showing circuits underneath'. Yes, of course, it's obvious now that I was remembering the fembots from The Bionic Woman (ORIGINAL!... yes, I'm that old). He's been a wonderful friend all those years, and unfortunately, with work and other obligations, I haven't told him (and the others around here.. too many to name), THANKS for all the wonderful work you do. I may not post often, but rarely does a day go by that I don't check the FC message board. And just as an aside, I get DTs when the gallery is down! Keep up the good work! One day when fembots are a reality, I can tell my grandkids about this site.

HYPER! (lthr_nck@yahoo.com)

code_author

Post by code_author » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:14 am

Congratulations Baron,

Lest we forget the humble beginnings as a simple News Group. Alt.Sex.Fetish.Robots (ASFR). I found it on a lark and would religiously go there every night (on my 56K X2 modem) to see what new posts and if Mr. Mike and his wife put up any new pictures of their role play. The first web site I saw with asfr content was Robolover's Lair and from there found the link to the Gynoid Gallery and eventually the F.A.C.. Animated gifs were as close as we got to video back then and material was far and few between. A lot of people's effort went into getting us to this point and they should know it is greatly appreciated. Speaking of which where has "Herf" :lol: been lately? Before I continue to ramble on, thanks for the great topic Baron and a big thank you for everyone who participates and helps this community flourish.

Code

fection

Post by fection » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:17 pm

I think I came to the net on the cusp of the news-group revolution. I remember poring over thousands of search results for "sexy android" on Netscape, systematically checking each link to find another fix. And that giddy, heart-racing feeling when I found both the Gynoid Gallery and the FAC. To find that people had uploaded obscure cartoons and images from movies was a blessed revelation! Boy, did I cycle a lot to the video store in those days!
Since then, fembot central has become my daily source to find out what's new and up-coming. I, too, haven't been contributing so much (!!) lately. And I'm not really sure why. But I hold on in hope that another film will come along to match my favourite scenes from Cherry 2000 and The (original) Stepford Wives.
I can't say I've got to know people here (I'm a shade reclusive and surly, sorry), but big ups to all the folks over the last decade that've hosted, organised, moderated and basically paid for us to enjoy their sites.