Wondering about sexy voice characteristics

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
sarabot
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Android

Wondering about sexy voice characteristics

Post by sarabot » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:29 pm

Hi all! I just got back from vacay. I was interested in everyone's preferences to what is sexy in a female robot's voice. For example: Do you like her speaking in a monotone, slightly mechanically, or normally human? Would you prefer if she stutters, gets stuck on certain words, and/or repeats words whether malfunctioning or not? Do you enjoy it if the pitch of her voice drops if running low on power or gets higher if malfunctioning? Anything else is under the realm of possibility. Just wanted to know what everyone likes....

xodar

Post by xodar » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:47 pm

I'd prefer one that sounds exactly like a human voice, complete with appropriate intonations. The human voice also contains sounds outside our range of hearing, but their absence might make a voice sound "uncanny" in some way -- another complication.

There will probably be a set of voices to choose from, each of them subject to some choice of modification. I don't know the terminology for voices, so I can't say just which I'd choose.

Possibly a voice resembling the young Lauren Bacall's.
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9

Korby
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by Korby » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:00 pm

I think under most circumstances, I'd like a perfectly normal human-like voice--perhaps with just a hint of unnatural composure or 'coolness' at all times, too subtle to notice in a brief conversation but enough that after a while someone might notice something odd.

Under less optimal conditions, such as a malfunction, maybe she might repeat phrases or get stuck on certain words, and perhaps her speech might break down into random electronic noises or 'drop out' erratically (something like the sudden stops and starts in an improperly-streamed audio file, maybe).
"Oh shut up Ray don't talk about gettin' with a robot
That is a ill idea"
--Roast Beef
http://achewood.com

NatalieBayer
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built

Post by NatalieBayer » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:59 pm

my personal preference is to both look and sound like a normal human, but just talking about robotics is sexy to me. For example if a fembot is talking to her master about downloading now programs or wondering when her next maintenance is scheduled...that really starts my engine :wink:

but why do you ask sarabot? planning some new stories?

rs5420

Post by rs5420 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:02 pm

I would like her voice to be coming out like if it came from a small speaker deep inside her mouth. And her designers kept deliberately her speech capacity to the strict minimum regarding her duties routine and functions, allowing them to put precious processing power on language interpreters, other surrounding noises and sounds analysis & recognition.

jakeCTom

Post by jakeCTom » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:03 am

I like a human voice however when her power is low I do like the pitch to lower and her speech to slow down. Also I do like when a glitch occurs every now and then or a repeated word.

andoroido

Post by andoroido » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:32 am

I think most of us would agree that the typical way most people would "talk like a robot" is NOT what we want.

Most people suond like The Coneheads, or aliens from Mars Attacks.

I'm pretty sure most of us believe that a "real" gynoid would never
TALK - LIKE - THIS, because that monotone nasal vocie would not be in their programming.

A "normal" voice with a good story is best to me, and when the malfunction or low-battery "reveal" of her robotic nature happens, then long pauses between words, or stuttering, or "slow-motion" speech, plus post-production sound-effects (doable with many freeware sound editing programs, or use JetAudio, and it even has 2 "robot" settings on the playback equalizer so you can make anyone sound like their voice is coming through a speaker)

I think I can re-emphasize that WHAT she says is also important. There are lots of good stories on the board to use as examples.

propagandaofthedeed

Post by propagandaofthedeed » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:40 pm

i prefer that the fembot act and talk completely like a robot. no humanity for me

Pvt. Prinny

Post by Pvt. Prinny » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:57 pm

Personally, I like very human speech, but stutters on certain words/during malfunction.
Dooood!~

WilloWisp
Location: An infinite distance away in a direction which can't be described in 3-dimensions.

Post by WilloWisp » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:05 pm

For a lot of us, the thrill of the fetish is in the illusion being almost but not quite complete. This is why the malfunction scene is such a recurring theme in the stories. For those who enjoy that particular facet, a perfectly natural voice is preferred, which would then glitch (sudden changes in pitch/speed, repeated sound samples, etc) at some point in the narrative.

fection

Post by fection » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:23 pm

When she's operating 'normally', I'd like her voice to sound convincingly human. At that point we're just talking about what makes a pleasant, or sexy voice. Slightly husky maybe? And supremely calm. It might be just WHAT she says that might provide some clue that all is not as it seems. You'd get the sense that everything she said was slightly pre-recorded.
When she malfunctions (it's always 'when' with me, sorry) her voice would begin to break up and digitise. Like a couple people have already said - repeated phrases and glitches suggest the fembot is trying obliviously to continue functioning normally. And that's hot.

Puppetmaster16

Post by Puppetmaster16 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:10 pm

Call me old-fashioned, but I'd take the monotone voice any day! :) But anything that furthers the illusion that she is a robot is fine with me - the more 'normal' the speech is the less convincing I find it. But then again, I'm only interested in real women pretending to be robots, not the other way around! :wink:

GZ02

Post by GZ02 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:40 pm

Fection hit the nail right on the head. Calm, pleasantly sexy, a bit husky, and not stilted or monotone; but you still get the feeling that something doesn't jive.

I'd like her voice to remain the same at all times, even if she was performing a task that would take a bit of effort, no pauses to take a breath. She's a machine and wouldn't need to take a breath to finish a sentence. She would speak slowly and purposefully, not like, say, as if she were addressing a child but as if she were taking years of formal enunciation classes. Her way of speaking and conversing would have an almost hypnotic quality - if so programmed.

As far as malfunctions are concerned, a stutter or stammer would be expected from time to time or even the way a word would come out that would sound inappropriate to the words around it - like hearing one of those Naturalvoice samples from AT&T - would be a subtle way of reminding that she was only a machine trying to emulate a real woman. Repeating a phrase exactly the same way a number of times would be cool as well.

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:00 pm

As far as malfunctions are concerned, a stutter or stammer would be expected from time to time or even the way a word would come out that would sound inappropriate to the words around it - like hearing one of those Naturalvoice samples from AT&T - would be a subtle way of reminding that she was only a machine trying to emulate a real woman.
Otherwise,why a Fembotcentral? :) FlameOn....

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:08 pm

SexObject.

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by Stephaniebot » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:12 am

Cant see the point if she sounds just like a human in all honesty. But agreed, monotone speech 24/7/365 might be a bit much. Just has to be some element of rigid, precise speech patterns though or whats the point?
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Iapetus

Post by Iapetus » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:06 pm

I prefer a mostly human voice with a subtle mechanical edge.

tectile

Post by tectile » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:43 am

I think the best way to illustrate my tastes is to give an example.

"Space hunter adventures in the forbidden zone"

It's short but really hits home with me when Chalmers has a slight malfunction and gets stuck on the word money. When she recovers she sounds slightly flustered for a moment. It's perfect.

In every other way Chalmers speaks naturally like an adult woman. Not like a slave or servant even though when the captain is contemplating having sex with her (takes her arm and says"I'm glad I bought you the night shirt instead") I think we can all agree that she would have complied if he had ordered her to. Am I reading too much into this?

I also find a slight English accent very sexy so throw that in as an option when creating my ideal fembot.

jakeCTom

Post by jakeCTom » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:30 am

Iapetus wrote:I prefer a mostly human voice with a subtle mechanical edge.
Agreed