How robotic does she need to be?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
jakeCTom
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

How robotic does she need to be?

Post by jakeCTom » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:06 am

Hello, I was just thinking and curious what others would say. I know we have been talking about this subject over and over but how robotic does your fembot need to be? Sorry but hey we might have new members and their input is appreciated.

For me, I've always enjoyed a the idea of a fembot who is almost just like a regular person speech is fluid, emotions as human as possible, however maybe a little stiff moving but, definitely either

A) Malfunctions alot

B) Runs Down alot

I usually think either an older model or one that was made with flaws any way there you go.

Just tossing stuff up.

Tio

Post by Tio » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:25 am

With me it depends on girl bot or boy bot.

Boy bot I expect to be perfect, pretty with realistic hair and eyes but coldish to touch and emotionally simple (not unemotional but limited) also to do as told and only speak when spoken to or when appropriate (no weather chat).
So impossibly perfect they are fake and obviously a bot by their reactions.

Girl bots I prefer to have joint marks, ports or something that shows they are a bot. I even like them full bot such as in the 'all is love' video. Girl bots can be as human as you like in personality and I prefer if they dont malfunction but I do like them to look like bots.

Im sure this says a lot about my mind but then I am a strange girl...
"I wish I could at least 30 percent
Maybe 50 for pleasure then skip all the rest"

Green Dragon

Post by Green Dragon » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:08 pm

lets see i like girl bots who are kinda on the ditzy side but who want to learn with a few ports and joint lines but look mostly human, i dont mind them malfunictioning as long as it simple to fix lol who also move like humans except when they glitch also long brown or black hair meowwwww with an on/off button behind the left ear
i like black!!

TheSpotConlon
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by TheSpotConlon » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:34 pm

I think that my preferred fembot can be separated into two categories. Both of them have the outward appearance of being human, possibly to the point of having small imperfections and scars from an imagined childhood. Then we can divide them as such:

1. Those robots that know they're robots, and will alter their behavior on a whim. Usually cold and less emotional than their human counterparts, they look like girls but perform like machines.

2. Those that have been programmed to believe they're human. When they realize what they are, they fight it and malfunction. It's the split between human and robot that I like.

Basically, the fembot has to be outwardly human, but reflect her programmed nature in her interactions with me.

Korby

Post by Korby » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:31 pm

Hm. An interesting question... I think my answer would be, on the surface, "not very". Physically, the ideal female android would be all but indistinguishable from an organic woman, even to the closest inspection--even through the most intimate contact. Behaviorally, she would likewise be (under almost all circumstances) perfectly human.

Only under certain circumstances, usually connected to maintenance and repair (be it basic day-to-day recharge/diagnostics or more involved servicing), would her entirely robotic nature become apparent--generally through open panels, connections to servicing units, or partial disassembly. In such circumstances her behavior also begins to give away her nature--to a degree through more robotic mannerisms such as giving status reports or announcing the execution of certain service-related commands and routines (although her speech remains perfectly fluid and human--calm and matter-of-fact, but not necessarily flat or robotic). But even moreso, she gives herself away through her reactions to having her true nature exposed--to wit, a state of pride and astonished appreciation, to the point of intense sexual arousal. She simply loves the fact that she is a machine.

This is key, of course, in the case of Dyson type organic conversions... the idea that having become a highly-sophisticated android is a source of continual and intense arousal. But I like a similar setup in the case of the wholly-synthetic, 'built from scratch' female android, too. In the latter case it might be something deliberately programmed into her nature, or it might be an unexpected emergent property resulting from her extraordinarily sophisticated personality emulation software.

That all being said, the occasional rare malfunction is nice, too, at which point her robotic nature becomes immediately apparent. In the event that her consciousness (be it the Dyson-style digitized version of her original human personality, or the fully simulated synthetic version) is still capable of noticing this malfunction, she is likely to find the experience intensely erotic (for, as above, it is drawing immediate and undeniable attention to her robotic nature). I believe it was HREF who, in the caption of one of his old FA manips, best encapsulated this for me: "I love having sex while I am malfunctioning... it makes me feel so robotic."

In such a case, of course, the sudden sexual stimulus only exacerbates the malfunction by increasing the burden on an already-overworked system. And that inevitably cascades out of control, because the increase in erratic, robotic behavior only proves more arousing to her, which consumes even more system resources, which... etc. etc. :wink:

So there you have it. A pretty specific answer, I guess!
"Oh shut up Ray don't talk about gettin' with a robot
That is a ill idea"
--Roast Beef
http://achewood.com

jakeCTom

Post by jakeCTom » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:36 pm

Korby don't play :D

Korby

Post by Korby » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:17 am

Hey, I know what I like. :D
"Oh shut up Ray don't talk about gettin' with a robot
That is a ill idea"
--Roast Beef
http://achewood.com

Pvt. Prinny

Post by Pvt. Prinny » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:57 pm

I can pretty much agree with JakeCT, though I'd like to throw in I like mine a little ditzy

*nod*
Dooood!~

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:06 am

I like mine a little ditzy
Yep. :)

Lfrmus

Post by Lfrmus » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:02 am

Tio wrote: Girl bots I prefer to have joint marks, ports or something that shows they are a bot. I even like them full bot such as in the 'all is love' video. Girl bots can be as human as you like in personality and I prefer if they dont malfunction but I do like them to look like bots.
This this this. The All is Full of Love style is the sort of robot I find the most appealing.

rabiator

Post by rabiator » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:30 am

I'd like my robo-girlfriend to look a bit artificial, with things like somwhat glossy plastic skin and maybe some seams, but otherwise human.
Kishin's Nova is a good example, too bad that the gallery is currently closed.

fection

Post by fection » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:27 am

In appearance - not very robotic at all. Perhaps a kind of 'uncanny valley' with regard to her attractiveness - something all too flawless about how she looks. You might just suspect that she was a cosmetic surgery addict. Perhaps the lustre of her skin would seem a bit unnatural.
And in behaviour - not immediately obvious that something is odd about her, but after a few minutes of conversation it might seem like her responses were pre-recorded and delivered with an unflappable calmness that would seem unreal. Ask the right question and her programming might drop her briefly into a monotonous 'processing' mode before obliviously re-assuming her former poise.
That said, I've finally had some spare time and have the basics of a new animated short on the way and the 'bot is immediately identifiable as artificial. But that's kind of a requirement of the story this time.

A.N.N.

Post by A.N.N. » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:03 am

I defintely have a spectrum of desires within ASFR, anything from Korby's perfectly real woman to Fection's perfect woman, even an occasional whim for the metalic look, something between Arcee and a sorayama pic (though this is obviously impractical in a sexual sense, it will still put my mind there).

A new short from Fection? Awesome!!
A.N.N.

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:12 am

Ask the right question and her programming might drop her briefly into a monotonous 'processing' mode before obliviously re-assuming her former poise.
Man,you said it fection. :) Human in appearance,yeah yeah and all that. I still need to see some evidence that she's a bot,period.

Bonita772
Identification: Android

Post by Bonita772 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:24 pm

I would say she would look totally human. But the secret is the inner aspect of the wires and circuits that make her tick. She would need a nightly recharge, maybe every few days some squirts of light machine oil or WD40 as she starts to squeak, which she would have in her purse with her makeup kit.

Bonnie772
I am not a toy. I am a very expensive piece of machinery.