A feeling( about fembots )

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Glaned

A feeling( about fembots )

Post by Glaned » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:42 pm

Hey

Im quite new here and i am pleased to see there are people here who have the same "needs"as i do. But i would like to ask/say something.
Since i started liking the way robots and stuff are, I was wondering myself: How can it be that human beings, like to have sex with artificial beings? I find it quite weird, that in our brains there is some sort of "malfuntion" wich makes us want to enjoy how robots are.

I had the idea that ppl who want to have sex with robots and stuff, are in some way damaged by a happening in there past. I for example am 19 and never had a girlfriend or something. You have to take from me that im not ugly, gay and im not unsocial. But in some way i always reject woman that want to have something with me. Its not that i dont like woman, on the contrary, i like them alot. But i also have the "needs" sometimes, to fantesise about fembots or something. In some way I found this very unplesant, because I don't think it is natural to have this kind of feelings. But on the otherhand I don't seem to know why i can't.

So i would like to know from you guys how you feel about this. Do you feel the way i do, or do you have a way other perception? I would like to know.

Tio

Post by Tio » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:24 pm

Thank you for seriously sharing your feelings :)

I must say that I just find that robots, female usually as most male builds are far to masculine for my liking, do turn me on. Plus as I would also like to be a fembot myself (being female and all) I find great sexuality in it. But I dont find it inpares my wants when it comes to other human beings. Most people I have met are libral enough to try out the robot thing, women love the dressing up and men love the power or on the flip side being told what to do. I dont need a person to be a robot as I often enjoy other interesting types of sex.

I dont see it as a malfunction in our brains but as a way of finding beauty and sexuality in new and exciting places. In the olden days people would fantasize about Satyrs and nymphs and now its robots and androids.
"I wish I could at least 30 percent
Maybe 50 for pleasure then skip all the rest"

WilloWisp
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human
Location: An infinite distance away in a direction which can't be described in 3-dimensions.

Post by WilloWisp » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:27 pm

There's a lot of different directions that bring people to the fembot fetish.

Some people just want sex, but their social upbringing has built walls that prevent them from voicing their desires. If such a person is already fascinated with technology and science fiction, it's not too much of a leap for them to start fantasizing about the ultimate lover: One who will never freak out at any request.

Some people are obsessed with perfection. Any imperfection, however slight, can turn the beautiful into the grotesque for them. Such a person would be more prone to the classical galatea fantasy, but since we do live in a highly technological age, it's fairly easy for that to become robophilia.

Then there are the mysogynists and control freaks (or, what the public thinks when the words "female android" are mentioned). Exactly what percentage they represent is debatable, and not really worth getting into in this thread.

Myself, I'm more or less of the first party: I'm shy. Even with a woman whom I love, trust, and inherantly share virtually everything with, I wouldn't be comfortable doing, saying, or requesting certain things, despite the occasional craving to do, say, or request exactly those things. For me, the Fembot fantasy is an interesting daydream, but one which I want to stay firmly lodged in the realm of fantasy.

xodar

Post by xodar » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:35 pm

As I've noted here before, I'm not so much interested in robots. I'm actually interested in real women but (1) I'm getting old and am not rich and (2) personally don't have much patience with most real women. I don't put up much with men, either, but I am not physically drawn to them.

A robot that is almost indistinguishable from an actual female would thus not only be a sex object but would be helpful if I become unable to get around very well. (I wouldn't want to impose that on a partner, anyhow).

And I do take an interest in technologies that show promise, at least enough to learn to put them to some use. The only one not already anticipated before I was born was personal computers, incidentally. Robots, space travel, fusion energy -- all anticipated between the late 1800s and mid 1900s if not before.

But those are my actual reasons. It appears to me that fembots will strongly resemble real women by the time I am truely decrepit, thus will be very practical. That's morally better than leaving people in public hospitals or dependent on relatives or -- as in Roman times -- buying a couple of slave girls and forcing them to be nurses and sex slaves.
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9

Mirage
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by Mirage » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:40 pm

Myself, I think everyone as somewhat a hidden fetish somewhere. Us, well, it's gynoids. I wonder how many fetish is there in the world? (L). I think it would be boring somehow if everyone was the same fetsih, no?.

One point I like to make is me and my wife, no fetish is in our bedroom for our fun. So, most times, it's more pure wild animal instinct for me (L). Gynoid fetsih for me is totally different for my times with my wife. It's strange to explain, but, when I am with my wife, fetishs are not in my mind what so ever (and we been together for some time..).

I know myself I think the part that turn me on the most about gynoids is somewhat the control of their destiny and repairs... Don't like that, reprogram it. oh, a malfunction, fixing it. I must comfess, I prefer a picture or movie when seeing a panel being open or a malfunction. Why, I can't say.

Anyway, myself, I was shy growing up, but I realised I wanted more than most women could offer me here ( I dated a while. here.. and came to conclution most women don't know when they have it good, so, they start looking for shit when there is no shit to find, so, they creat shit..The stuff I heard and seen... wow...).

But it's also my own fault somehow, Let me explain. I am an anal person when it came to women. I wanted a nice looking, intelligent, career oriented, marrying kind, with some family values, no perrsings or tattoos (small ones are okay) and a great pair of tits. After seven years of trying to find this here, I gave up and by accident, I meet my wife on a chat line and we became friends and the rest is history. (and my wife as all the things I was looking for, and more... (S)

So, my best advice is don't seetle on someone out of fear of being alone for the rest of your life. Be patient in life, True love do happens, is just a bitch to find, (L)

Mirage

rented_angel

Post by rented_angel » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:50 am

Hi...I thought this was a great topic and interesting responses. I'm also pretty new here and have to agree, it is refreshing to find that there are other people who share my wants and needs or at least can understand them. :)

I'm not quite sure if I fit into quite the same category as you Glaned as the idea of being transformed into an object, and usually in my mind a robot, is much more appealing to me than being with a robot. I realize this is not an obtainable goal at this time, but it doesn't stop me from fantasizing about it just the same.

More than a few times I've wondered how "normal" this is...sometimes that thought bothers me more than others. And unfortunately a few times the lack of being open minded to my ideas, wants, and fantasies on this has ended a relationship. I did love what you said Kishin, "It's a dream really. And who hasn't fallen in love with a dream, or a piece of art, or an idea?" (I can't figure out how to quote on here...I'll have to look into that.) I've just never really thought of it like that before.

rentedangel

rentedangel
"To make oneself an object, to make oneself passive, is a very different thing from being a passive object." ~Simone de Beauvoir

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:41 am

Then there are the mysogynists and control freaks (or, what the public thinks when the words "female android" are mentioned).
Oh please. I was immediately sickened from the start when I first began any search for ASFR material via search engine. Among the first associations with the entry "fembot" were the all-purpose feminist assumptions of mysogyny or otherwise anti feminist issues.
My belief is that the above association is what causes shame in ASFRians and generally, the idea of "makin' it with a robot" is for losers in American psyche. :? It's evidently not necessarily the case in places like Japan. Go Japan. :)

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:51 am

As an aside,I visited several adult dvd shops recently and immediately noticed a growth of the gay as well as even beastiality isles. Not going say anything pro or con concerning gay material but beastiality?
And I have to feel ashamed because of a fembot fetish? :?

xodar

Post by xodar » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:48 am

rented_angel
:
More than a few times I've wondered how "normal" this is..

It's normal if it's really an attempt to live a so-called normal life, as I conceive my bot quest.
I'd put it in the realm of normality, also, if it doesn't involve also the desire to hurt those unwilling or unable to agree.

droidlvr
:
visited several adult dvd shops recently and immediately noticed a growth of the gay as well as even beastiality isles
Sush things as bestiality are a perversion. Personally I suspect most gay people are born such and that the condition probably has some useful biological or social purpose that we don't see, so I don't classify it as a perversion on that level...it also involves choice.

The reason that such are proliferating, I think, is that we are actually living in a puritanical age. The puritans are trying to control sexuality by claiming to stand up for various "rights" -- which involved closely defining and limiting the subjects. Straight, normal sex is the most persecuted since it has no advocates, driving people into other areas.
If you look through some of the original Puritans' prosecutions you'll see (besides accusations of sorcery and Satan worship) a number of executions for sex with animals. Of course, most people in the 1600s were farmers but the Puritans also expected courting couples to have sex to show their ability to have kids -- brides married pregnant in their teens. If the girl didn't get pregnant she changed suitors. They also prosecuted "abominable" acts like oral sex.

The proliferation of perversions and fetishes, or at least increased awareness of them, is a sign we're living in another puritanical episode. People accepting of sexuality don't have fits about such things, they just shrug them off and relatively few people engage in them.
In our case, modern science can circumvent the process by creating sexbots.
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.

RobOught2

Why

Post by RobOught2 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:56 am

I had no sex until 25 - so no talk about abnormality please. I count myself among the 'normal', whatever that is.

I agree with some of the contributers. Maybe I should add that many people may find that there is no risk of rejection with someone/thing who cannot reject you, and that is the ultimate fear with one is close to you- rejection. A woman I work with seems to always have the obvious quotes so I will borrow one of hers: "Mean people aren't nice." There are many of those who believe that most people are mean, so why take the chance when one doesn't have to? All one needs to do is watch the movie A.I. again and watch how the character played by Jude Law soothes a woman who is hurt physically (and one can only imagine how else) with his 'you, are in control of me and will not hurt you - not me in control of you' stance.

Rob

GZ02
Technosexuality: Built

Post by GZ02 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:25 pm

I've often wondered whether certain people are biologically predisposed into getting into fetishes. I mean, in the way people's brains are wired. They say that some people are 'genetically prone' to becoming alcoholics and others can develop more of a tendency to become violent partially determined by their genetic makeup.

Sorry to use negative examples here.

Thinking back to when I was little, I would watch the Bionic Woman and watch these fembots feeling, you know, interested. I don't think this happens to everyone - just a few.

I just think people who are into this kind of thing tend to be more imaginative, creative, curious and maybe more expressive in general. It's been shown that those who are more creative do use their brains differently.

Just throwing out an opinion.

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:57 pm

Thinking back to when I was little, I would watch the Bionic Woman and watch these fembots feeling, you know, interested.

Fer me it was simple,here you have a bunch of sexy feminine women in
dresses -n- makeup communicating in audible 1's and 0's and blinking when
receiving and processing commands. Schwing.

Tio

Post by Tio » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:29 am

Maybe it is just me, but I dont find this fetish odd at all.

From experience I have noticed that everyone has a fetish. They range from the very basic eg. liking women naked, to the very complex, eg. being dressed as a baby and spanked by an older woman dressed as a nazi nurse.
Everyone has them.

I see many reasons for people to be interested in robots. For me it is the beauty and perfection of the droid. Having the perfect toy to play with who will do what I want.
But then when I am playing the droid I feel differently yet again and like the subservient quality, being dressed up and making the other person happy.

For others the reasons are vast including thinking its cool, wanting an ultimate sex toy, wanting someone who depends on them, wanting someone who wont reject them or just someone who will always care or never leave.

All of these are natural wants and human beings don't come with guarantees and security in fulfilling these needs.
"I wish I could at least 30 percent
Maybe 50 for pleasure then skip all the rest"

xodar

Post by xodar » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:56 am

I had no sex until 25 - so no talk about abnormality please. I count myself among the 'normal', whatever that is.
It is not at all abnormal these days. It can be a sign of good sense and insight into the realities of today's world.

amazonophile

Post by amazonophile » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:01 pm

Since for me ASFR is not an end but a means to an end I see fembots as a solution to an intractable problem in our society that affects people like me:inability to obtain a human partner. David Levy described this in his book "Love+Sex with Robots. " Technology will provide a way to simulate what we want artificially. This is a high tech analog of "Why was margarine invented" or why is rubber now made artificially from crude oil and not rubber plants anymore. For me fembots are based on the same idea. In much the same way that margarine should be indistinguishable from butter I think that the best fembot is one that is as much like a human female as possible. (Ideally should be almost indistinguishable like Simone or the fembot in weird science), other wise it is defeating the purpose. A fembot should look more like Simone then C3PO.
"New World Order" is an oxymoron.

xodar

Post by xodar » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:25 am

amazonophile wrote:Since for me ASFR is not an end but a means to an end I see fembots as a solution to an intractable problem in our society that affects people like me:inability to obtain a human partner. ...........
This is the motive of many of us.
While I have been able to obtain human partners, I never found one who wasn't a lot of trouble and who didn't turn the relationship into a power struggle instead of a real partnership.
Robots aren't a fetish for me or for many others, but a viable substitute that will supply some satisfactions with little trouble or, in the long run, great expense.

amazonophile

Post by amazonophile » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:10 pm

xodar wrote:
amazonophile wrote:Since for me ASFR is not an end but a means to an end I see fembots as a solution to an intractable problem in our society that affects people like me:inability to obtain a human partner. ...........
While I have been able to obtain human partners, I never found one who wasn't a lot of trouble and who didn't turn the relationship into a power struggle instead of a real partnership.
Robots aren't a fetish for me or for many others, but a viable substitute that will supply some satisfactions with little trouble or, in the long run, great expense.
The thing that is so depressing (especially for those of us born before 1970), is that we seem to be having a "Moses moment" with respect to fembots: We know what fembots will be the advatages etc. and how they will sexually liberate many from the problems that David Levy discusses in his book Love +Sex With Robots but I suspect that many of us on this forum (and David Levy himself), will not live to see it. We can only anticipate the advantages that only others younger then us will actually have.
"New World Order" is an oxymoron.

xodar

Post by xodar » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:13 am

amazonophile wrote:
xodar wrote:
The thing that is so depressing (especially for those of us born before 1970), is that we seem to be having a "Moses moment" with respect to fembots: We know what fembots will be the advatages etc. and how they will sexually liberate many from the problems that David Levy discusses in his book Love +Sex With Robots but I suspect that many of us on this forum (and David Levy himself), will not live to see it. We can only anticipate the advantages that only others younger then us will actually have.
True. I don't expect to live long enough to see fembots whose physical appearance will be difficult to distinguish from biological women's. That might be midcentury, and while it's possible (even barring profound medical discoveries) that I could be alive in 2050 it isn't likely.

Even a social change that will restore more viable relationships won't help much because many of us will be so old only fembots will be interested (or show interest behavior, that is).

I see this development as another way of enabling people to live better lives and thus maximize their contributions to us all, though, so even though I'll only see the begining (as of biological innovation) I'm happy about it.

Ciepher
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Cyborg

Post by Ciepher » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:15 am

I wouldn't see it as that we are predetermined to be attracted to the fantasy of being with/being fembots.
Instead, it's more likely that our instincts have predetermined us to want certain things that are fulfilled by fembots. For some, it would be the dominance that a person can have over a robot. For others, it would be the ability to have a relationship without normal human hangups.
In some people, those sort of desires would attract them to a different fantasy, for example, standard BDSM play. But for some reason, we've become excited by the idea of robots - maybe we came across androids at a young age, maybe we also like the technology, and so on.

But for whatever reason, we have needs that could be fulfilled by fembots, and so we have came to like them.

xodar

Post by xodar » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:24 pm

Ciepher wrote:I wouldn't see it as that we are predetermined to be attracted to the fantasy of being with/being fembots.
Instead, it's more likely that our instincts have predetermined us to want certain things that are fulfilled by fembots. For some, it would be the dominance that a person can have over a robot. For others, it would be the ability to have a relationship without normal human hangups.
In some people, those sort of desires would attract them to a different fantasy, for example, standard BDSM play. But for some reason, we've become excited by the idea of robots - maybe we came across androids at a young age, maybe we also like the technology, and so on.

But for whatever reason, we have needs that could be fulfilled by fembots, and so we have came to like them.
This all seems correct to me. Fembots are essentially another tool that can make your life more fulfilling. Too many hangups, to me, make relationships a burden and detrimental to other activities whether creative or simply engaging.
To move the technology forward as rapidly as possible there have to be people motivated by the fantasy and people motivated by the likely profits.