How about independent film?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
TheSpotConlon
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

How about independent film?

Post by TheSpotConlon » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:28 pm

When discussing this thread, there was a quick turn towards the idea of small, independent film projects produced for our particular interest. After watching the two ASFR film clips (especially the first, where the actress pretty much nailed what I imagine my ideal fembot to be), my belief that this can happen was only affirmed. Ladies and gentlemen, the question I ask is this:

Why aren't we making films?

Lord knows that this is a lucrative market. The fembot-lovers are fembot-starved, and would probably all be willing to pay a reasonable fee for new footage of the fetish. Any one of us who catered to the market would be able to make a good profit. Now, I'm not sure that I'm the man to do it, but I want to put the idea out there. Lord knows I'd buy it! So, I'm floating the question, and hoping that it begins the wheels turning towards some brand-new videos for all of us.[/url]

blkwdo
Technosexuality: Built

Well....

Post by blkwdo » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:39 am

Actually Robotman, I've tried this a couple of times. Both times fell through. Once the other person couldn't do it at the last minute, and the other said he was interested and then no communication after that point. So, my question is this...how do you know who you are coordinating a video with? The companies are reputable enough, but the people are another question.

Are we going to ask the video company to wait until all parties have paid them?

Do we appoint one person to collect all the money and then trust they will do with it what we expect them to?

How do we get a script that all parties involved can get behind?

I'm not trying to call anyone's character into question here, but I see these as legitimate concerns. Especially, since I've tried this in the past.

Just my $.02

Blkwdo 8)

Karel

Post by Karel » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:21 am

Well, it seems to me that a staff member (like yourself Robotman) could be empowered to collect everybody else's $.02, or $25 or $200 or however much else they were willing and able to contribute to the production of an agreed upon script.

Just a hunch, but if partners in such a venture are going to have to put their trust in another person, the person with 1000+ posts and long-standing authority over the direction of this website is a pretty good bet. If people wanted to produce a film depicting a very particular scenario, or use a production company other than RBP studios, then that's another matter. But Robotman, seriously, don't tell me you wouldn't like to see them make another great custom video. I think the means are already in place here to get something like this done.

blkwdo

Great idea

Post by blkwdo » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:47 pm

That is a very good idea Robotman. I happen to have a Paypal account and will entertain the thought of organizing said video, if there are enough contributors. With that said, I will not collect any money until all aspects of the video are agreed upon.

I suggest the following...

1. We post a new thread to let everyone know that this project is actually going to make an attempt at getting off the ground. We will post a deadline to have people contact me (or reply to the thread) in order to be invited to a private chat (on Yahoo or MSN).
2. If there are enough people, we can have the chat to nail down details such as what video company, what the script will entail, which girls to use, props, etc.
3. If everyone involved can agree on the direction to go, I will volunteer to write the script (and welcome any co-authors interested).
4. Everyone involved will get a copy of the script and get a chance to reply with their thoughts, so it can be edited.
5. After the script is finalized, I will negotiate a price with whomever we have chosen to use to make the video. Personally, I have had very good results and business relationship with PFTP. Tyler, in particular. But, that can be discussed.
6. Since I do not have the capability to burn a DVD, I will ask a favor of someone I trust within the community (I won't drop their name without their permission) to burn copies for those involved.

If at any time, we can not complete these tasks within the timeline we set as a group, I will call off the project, or let someone else take over. If any money has been paid to me through paypal, those people will get a full refund.

If there are any objections to any of this, let me know. That includes if people don't want me to organize this...I won't take offense if the majority wants another person to be in charge of it.

Blkwdo 8)

blkwdo

Post by blkwdo » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:09 pm

Bumpity bump bump...

mstrdrew

Post by mstrdrew » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:45 am

well im all for helping to fund this project.. ive wasted to much money on vids that appeared to be great turned out to be just ok.. so to help fund a film i can just have say in even if its very little say it would deffinatly be worth it.. blkwdo deffinatly has my vote to head the project aswell.. well added my .02

and like blkwdo i also tried to help work on new video and the guy was really interested in working with me on this but after contributing all i had to offer i was just lost in the dust. never got any feedback never a single response

jakeCTom

Post by jakeCTom » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:04 am

I'm down, however I am a broke college student. I will contribute what i can. :D [/list]

Tio

Post by Tio » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:07 am

Isnt location going to be a huge problem?
"I wish I could at least 30 percent
Maybe 50 for pleasure then skip all the rest"

blkwdo

Well...

Post by blkwdo » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:46 pm

I wouldn't expect location to be the problem, but format may be. Since I'm in America and so are the proposed video companies (at least so far), I assumed we'd be using NTSC.

Once the video is complete, we can ship copies anywhere.

Blkwdo 8)

WilloWisp
Location: An infinite distance away in a direction which can't be described in 3-dimensions.

Post by WilloWisp » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:44 pm

Format shouldn't be all that much of a problem: Most regionless DVDs will play properly in modern DVD players, regardless of NTSC/PAL specs. I personally have a fairly cheap (under $50) player which handles both PAL and NTSC without a problem. It only balks at region encoding, which there's no reason to include in a project like this.

robolvr
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by robolvr » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:19 am

*bump*

blkwdo

Update

Post by blkwdo » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:13 pm

It's nice to see a few people with an interest writing. I haven't heard from anyone directly, so I'm not sure what details needed to be worked out.

I am waiting for a reply from Tyler from PFTP.com on her thoughts for doing such a project. I've also started a script because I plan to have a video made for myself if this falls through. Seems like everyone liked my other video "Commercial Lesbots", so hopefully, I can hit a cord that everyone involved will enjoy.

If you are serious about being part of this, please contact me directly. I need to set some guidelines for everyone, including myself. I can use the help if anyone wants to help organize this.

Thanks.

Blkwdo 8)

blkwdo

Alrighty then!

Post by blkwdo » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:56 pm

Okay Kishin...I admit it, you got me. :oops:

I'm trying to drumb up interest a bit because I plan to include props and costumes with the next video I have made. So, maybe that will help add to the overall affect of the video. :?:

Just throwing my thoughts out there people...

Blkwdo 8)

WilloWisp
Location: An infinite distance away in a direction which can't be described in 3-dimensions.

Re: Alrighty then!

Post by WilloWisp » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:33 pm

blkwdo wrote:Okay Kishin...I admit it, you got me. :oops:

I'm trying to drumb up interest a bit because I plan to include props and costumes with the next video I have made. So, maybe that will help add to the overall affect of the video. :?:

Just throwing my thoughts out there people...

Blkwdo 8)
If I might make a suggestion: Light switch covers and old calculators do not constitute "props."

I kid. I understand that ours is a highly specialized interest group, that decent special effects (even practical effects) cost money, and that Tyler & Co. aren't exactly working with Hollywood-level budgets. All the same, they could get a lot of mileage out of a mannequin, an old computer motherboard, and some decent video editing. No fancy digital effects required.

blkwdo

yep

Post by blkwdo » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:18 pm

Very valid point WilloWisp. The props they've been using are okay, but I have ideas to use spandex suits, a large wind up key, battery operated lights, etc. I haven't done the final draft of the script yet, so I can't give out details, but you can see that I'd like to try something new this time.

Blkwdo 8)

Stephaniebot
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:48 pm

Kishin wrote:I know of at least one FC Member who went all out and actually had a "fembot head" open face mask panel omplete with blinking lights and interchangeable eyeballs made for a pr0n video.

Can't say who, but I am incredibly excited at the prospect of seeing that mask (which looks really brilliant) on a naked female at some point.
Now that sounds quite something I have to admit.Would I like one of those...oh maybe! :wink:
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

visceralpsyche

Post by visceralpsyche » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:06 pm

Hi all! I haven't posted here for a while, since I moved to Tokyo and have been busy setting up both my film company here and teaching English (that's how I managed to get my working visa, like 99% of other expats here initially).

Having directed two short robot movies already, with plenty of ideas for the third and final part of the trilogy to be filmed later this year, I'm more than happy to get involved.

For those who don't know I have a Red One high definition cinema camera on order, due to be delivered some time around July I'm guessing. All my movies from now on will be shot with this camera so production value will be Hollywood level :)

If any of you based in Japan want to hook up and chat face to face I'm more than happy to do so. Just email me via my website's generic email address and I'll be sure to respond.

Also for those who bought "Eve" (thankyou!) and are looking for the next one, I will soon (next month or so probably) be uploading "Birth" to my site as an XviD file, free to download, with a full featured DVD again being for sale (a little cheaper this time as the movie is only 5min long and the Japanese postal service is a bit cheaper than that in Australia) for those who want a high def copy along with around an hour of special features (including a great 25min making of documentary).

Cheers,

Paul

BJ Honnicutt

Post by BJ Honnicutt » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:27 pm

I'm actually here to find out what people would want from a robotic film with somewhat sexual undertones, but without anything overtly sexual in nature.... Sorry, really not into filmming sex scenes. You really can't film them without Joey the Retarded PA giggling like an idiot.

I'm a filmmaker who is fascinated with Robots, sentient or otherwise, and the apparent implications.

I want to work on a short... I have a design in my mind but no apparent story to tell... She's an object of desire with no apparent will of her own, a machine. Maybe somebody wishes she was more then that, had more of a personality, had thoughts of her own, ect. And s/he can't stand that this person will never be the person s/he wants...

Probably leading into a cliche/overdone story, but an indy filmmaker working on shorts needs style above all else. I see it definitely becoming more feminist by the end.... Very preachy, like every story I do.... Preachiest feminist/Robot story since the Stepford Wives.

Stephaniebot
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:17 am

This is assuming its going to be a human TF robot rather than a created one, and I have no idea if thats your intention BJ, but assuming it is why not just do something akin to an 'Ugly Duckling' type thing.

Start with a shy (maybe plain) girl who would love to be more confident in herself physically, and sexually of course, and then transform her into the 'Beautiful Swan' as a robot.
But of course the shy girl had character and a mind, but not the looks to make the man happy with her, the robot has the looks, but no personality or thinking capacity.
Then you can have him tinkering with her programming to try and create the perfect medium, and if you want the cliche ridden ending, then he does. At the end have her eyes light up with love, passionate kiss etc then the sex that will surely follow is just left to viewers imagination.

If you want really feminist just make both robot and controller female! Some men might enjoy that even more!

Hope thats a helpful idea
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

visceralpsyche

Post by visceralpsyche » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:22 am

Hi BJ, your precis sounds a bit like "Eve".... :)

I'm in the process of getting a new batch of physical DVD covers made up, after which I'll have both "Eve" and "Birth" DVDs for sale again. "Birth" will also be going up on my website as a downloadable, lower resolution XviD file (but still high quality - I'm a stickler for it) in a sort of experiment to see if people really do buy after getting the whole movie for free, in exchange for a bunch of special features, the movie at full DVD resolution (along with a native 720p version watchable on computer) etc etc. Oh and autographed like last time.

As for your giggly PA, I can tell you that who you hire on your crew is often as important as getting the story in the can. I had no problems shooting "Eve" as my crew were very professional and every step of the way I made sure to keep things well under control.

For the final part of my trilogy (working title of "Red" both for trilogy colour reasons and the fact it'll be the first movie I direct on my new Red One cameras....), I can tell you that I have a rough story worked out already, and that it will be a direct prequel to "Eve", beginning with her inception.... ;)

Lots more ideas for a feature but that's all hush hush right now for obvious reasons. All I can tell you is that it will be filmed here in Japan, my new home, and star a mixture of western and asian actors (as will "Red", which will be kind of my proof-of-concept workflow/VFX testbed short).

More soon....

~?

Re: Update

Post by ~? » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:41 am

blkwdo wrote: I am waiting for a reply from Tyler from PFTP.com on her thoughts for doing such a project.

If you intend to use PFTP or NRG might I point out this girl? I don't think NRG ever put any real effort into the stories they produce and everything is so poorly shot, but at least this girl is new and might put some effort into her acting.

I think Tyler can do a good job, but they seem to have exhausted their imagination for ASFR. If you're serious about making something different with sets and props, talk to Steve Steele. He does mostly MC videos, but you would be able to choose who you wanted and he understands the fetish and can get better results from the actress.

Just a suggestion.

~?
~?

blkwdo

Thanks...

Post by blkwdo » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:19 pm

Thanks for the input ~? and I agree with you whole heartedly about NRG. I won't buy any more videos from them. You're right, there is no effort on their part anymore.

Chelsea from chelseasdreamsDOTcom and Tyler from PFTP are my personal favorites. Tyler had mentioned her new model Kyla, but dropped communication with me 2 weeks ago. So, I don't know where she stands, and I wasn't answered about Kyla's acting/robot capabilities.

I'd hate to commission a video to be made and have the effort be similar to the newest models at NRG. Tyler has always been top notch in dealing with me, so I guess that's one major reason I keep dealing with her. Plus, I enjoy the product they put out.

If memory serves me, Steve Steele is with Anton Videos, right? I like their videos, but it seems that the robotic effort on almost all their models is the same. Very zombie like. To me, personally, this isn't what my desires are about. I'd rather have the truly robotic acting done well. They do have one video that I really enjoy....I can't remember what it's called at the moment, but it had Stacy Burke and Charlie in it.

I'm kinda on my own with this. A few people were interested in contributing to a video, but no one came to me directly for details. So, I've started a new script and will try to continue communication with Tyler, in order to have my own video shot.

Blkwdo 8)

mstrdrew

Post by mstrdrew » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:41 pm

Blkwdo i must agree with you.. and the video your prolly refering to is mind control 4 with stacey burke and my personal favorite the beautiful charlie laine.. the robot acting was top notch in my book ive never seen any other video come even close to that.. not to disrespect tyler's video's but mind control 4 was the one and only video that was actually worth the purchase.. plus im in love with charlie laine so id get any video she is in anyways

im also still all for contributing to make this film happen