The technology of Robots ... or what makes them tick?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
tully

Post by tully » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:34 am

udgang99 wrote:
tully wrote: EveR-2 becomes the ultimate peripheral for an AI ;) (...and probably for more than a few users)
I'm not sure what you mean by that. English is not my first language, and looking it up in the dictionary only confuses me even more :shock: lol
Sorry about that. Let's see...

You could think of the robot very much like your printer, mouse or monitor on your current computer. None of these things "are" the computer, but they allow you to interact with it in ways that are easy and make sense.

Following this fashion, I think the first AI robots will be devices that are run by larger self-aware networks that allow us to interact with it more easily and on a broader scale.

udgang99

Post by udgang99 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:43 am

So your point is that EveR-2 (or whatever model) will only be like a mouse or printer, because the main AI will be elsewhere (on a internet/mainframe of sorts), and only use the robot as a tool?

Sure ... sound reasonable. ;)
Kim
Movie: Betty & Six -drama about a girl and a fembot.
Movie: Hope & the Gang -a fictional trailer.

tully

Post by tully » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:47 am

udgang99 wrote:So your point is that EveR-2 (or whatever model) will only be like a mouse or printer, because the main AI will be elsewhere (on a internet/mainframe of sorts), and only use the robot as a tool?

Exactly.

And it's not that I think it will be a limitation of the technology for the most part, but how and where AIs will be developed and grow initially.

rabiator

Post by rabiator » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:52 pm

tully wrote:
udgang99 wrote:So your point is that EveR-2 (or whatever model) will only be like a mouse or printer, because the main AI will be elsewhere (on a internet/mainframe of sorts), and only use the robot as a tool?

Exactly.

And it's not that I think it will be a limitation of the technology for the most part, but how and where AIs will be developed and grow initially.
For the first generation(s), I think it will also be a limitation of the technology:
Sufficiently capable computers will be too bulky and need too much power to fit in the robot body. That may change over time.

udgang99

Post by udgang99 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:08 am

Yeah, I definitely think one of the mayor problems is creating a "battery" with enough power in it to make a robot walk around for more than a couple of minuts ...
Not much fun about a fembot with a powercabel sticking out of her but! ;)
Kim

Lord of the Geeks

Post by Lord of the Geeks » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:47 am

a good solution for power issue is radiative energy sources.. I thik thats what they're calling it now. Basically you have a power coil on your house that operates at a given frequency, and only interacts with antennas tuned to the frequency, by inducing a current in them without cables. their developing it now, so that all you little gadgets start recharging as soon as you come in your house, instead of having to plug everything in.
I want a mechanical mordsith.

udgang99

Post by udgang99 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:05 am

Awesome ... God, I love technology! :)
Kim